Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Saradestin  This is amazing 🤩. It’s great!

Thank you so much @Cissy63 sweetie!

This is great, @Saradestin !  It looks like a free-hand design.  Love the colors you chose for this mani as well. 🥰

It does @Titian06 ! Thank you so much gorgeous! 

@Saradestin So pretty

Thank you @SportyGirly125 beautiful! 

Quick swatches of a few Pear Nova polishes I recently picked up. These are without a top coat.

I just saw that the brand is having a sitewide sale - 25% off with code LOVE. Their regular polish usually run $13.50 (with code, $10.12). The shades on my index and middle were already marked down to $8.10 so with the promo code, it's $6.08.

Pear NovaPear Nova

All 2 coats except for the middle nail which was 4 - one initial thin coat and then dabbing the polish on 3 other times. That "technique" seems to apply this particular color / formula better.

from index to pinky:

Rub My Temples - described as a cranberry with gold shimmers. The shimmers don't show up in the photo and it's actually hard to see them IRL but the color is a beautiul, deep red. 

Thick Dip & What Not - sheer blue shimmer shade shifter. It is very sheer. First layer goes on very thin, dark grey-blue in hue. I'm aiming to redo swatches with this one over the weekend to get some pics in outside and see if I can capture the shift.

Rooftop 'Til You Drop - described as a grape purple with blue shimmer. The purple is beautiful and this has a loely finish to it. I don't see the blue shimmer in it, either in the photo or on my nails. May need to see how this shows up whven the sun's out.

Kissu Miss You - bright red creme. This one to me leans warm, with some orange undertones. It's a pretty red. 

I'm not a huge fan of the brush on these polishes - it's your regular size brush and that I could make work but the long handle on it made it a little harder to control the brush application. Not the most difficult set up I've seen but it takes some getting used to. 

Love these!!!

Thank you @Rachilla! I picked up a couple more polishes - a couple of sparkly ones. Can't wait for them to arrive! I wasn't expecting a sale and took that as the nudge I needed! 😅

Lovely swatches of your new polishes, you got a really good selection of colours to play with here ‌👌

I'm glad they all turned out @itsfi I love the sheer one the mostest! ‌😁‌‌💙

Thank you @CynthieLu! The colors are so vibrant. 😍 The sheer blue one came through beautifully. 💙

@itsfi 

Ahhhhh, yay for new brands! These are so pretty, I'm especially digging that blue! 😍

I don't think I've heard of it before, though I feel like a tiny bell is ringing somewhere in the recesses of my mind, but in any case, you got me with "sale" and I ordered a few to try for myself 😂

Thank you @RGbrown! I was initially was worried about how sheer the blue applied. Then I thought “dab, dab, dab” and voila! All better! 😊 I don’t think the sun will make an appearance this weekend so I’ll try to do a mani with it another day and take a photo of what it looks like in better lighting.

Excited to see what colors you picked up and your thoughts on the brand.

So pretty and colorful! @itsfi 

Thank you @sister13. The colors are all very pretty.

@itsfi  Oooo these are so fun. The purple is my fav! Too bad about the brush being lacklustre. I wonder if you can swap it out? It looks like you didn’t have too much troubles because your swatches look beautiful! 

@ather, I can probably use a different brush when I paint my nails but I would have to do that every time I use these polishes. I could do that. The issue with this brush is also the length and I’ll butcher describing this( the distribution of weight based on the design and length. Because of the unique shape of the bottle, the wand is longer. When I use the wand/brush that comes with the polish even if I hold on at the end of the barrel/handle, it still is more challenging to paint with it. Ultimately, it’s fine. It’s not the best but it can be used and there’s also workarounds. 

BBD0CFAC-9AB3-4622-8FD4-594AF19B18F6.jpeg

@itsfi  Oh I like these shades.  What a terrific bargain too! Let us know how they wear. 💙💜

@Cissy63,thank you. The colors are very pretty. Will have a hard time deciding which to use first for a full mani.

I never heard of that brand @itsfi. Those are beautiful shades! 😍 My favorite is the blue, even with its sheerness. 💙💙💙

The blue polish is beautiful @Saradestin; takes a little more effort, but it's so pretty. 💙 The brand is based out of Chicago; Black-owned brand. They make vegan and cruelty free polishes - regular and gel polishes.

30,378 Replies
testing