Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Aw thanks @CookieGirl1 🥲 we aren't breaking up.. just taking a break LOL

@jaaayp 

Awwww, so sorry to hear it isn't going well 😣 The end result looks amazing though! 

Aw thank you @RGbrown 🥲 I will keep trying.... later... When my emotions are not high LOL

Stepping away from the frustration makes sense @jaaayp 

Thou I really think your nails are lovely. 💗 I can see that maybe the turn out wasn't what you were invisioning. But as a fresh set of eyes, they're fantastic. 😍

Aw! Thank you @CynthieLu you're so sweet. I know it's not terrible (hopefully) I think my expectations are too high and not meeting it is causing a sense of frustration 🫠

@jaaayp, these are preeety! They look so velvety! 😍 I feel like we can be our own worst critique so much of the time. At the same time, I understand wanting to take a break and doing something else. It’ll be fun to see what nail art technique you turn your attention to next. 💅🏼  Staying tuned …

Aw @itsfi thank you. Yours look 10x better on your first try!!! I'm very jealous lol I think im gonna go back to classics for a while.. or so I say 😂

Your nails are beautiful, @jaaayp ! 😍  You'll figure it out!  It helps me to take a break and then go back. 🙂

Aw thank you @Titian06 🥰 yes. We are not breaking up, just taking a break 🤭

@jaaayp  So stunning, beautiful color! I adore these nails! 💅 

Thank you @peculiarzmakeup I appreciate it 🥰

@jaaayp  Darn!!! I feel I have a love hate relationship with magnetic nail polish too! I think they look fabulous! 

Thank you @ather I would love to see yours and be inspired!!! 

@jaaayp  As soon as my nails grow out I will do them!!! Unless I decide to try the nail extensions again! 

Have you been doing nail extensions?!?! Have you shared and I missed it @ather ?!?!

@jaaayp  I did the full nails in December I may have shared. But I don’t know if I’ve got it down yet. My natural nails always grew long enough to do so super short nails is newer to me. But they just won’t grow. I got the full nail extensions to help my natural nail grow but I found they were a pain to remove. 

Ooh. It's like the gel polish and everyone's worry about the removal. I get it.. it is kind of a hassle, esp if you change nails as often as we do! Ah, interesting.. I always envy folks with super cute, short nails but my nails are always on crack and grow long very quickly... I think my hair doesn't grow and it focuses all its energy on my nails 🙃 @ather 😂

@jaaayp  lucky! Your nails grow fast!! Mine use to grow so fast but not since I had Covid. I’m hoping they come back. Like no fast hair or nails what the heck!! I had long nails and just used a gel polish on top! I tried extensions again today! Fingers crossed it stays on. And enough my nails can grow out!! I actually like the full nail extensions because it gives such a clean start. But I haven’t gotten the glueing it on straight part right. 

My first attempt with magnetic nails. 🧲 💅🏼 

Magnetic Mani - Major Dijit 02.jpeg

Room for improvement, but not so bad for a first try. This look was achieved with a special topcoat for magnetic nail polish because the magnet effect wasn’t coming through as noticeably with the actual magnetic polish.

Major Dijit Cat Eye Nail Polish Quick Dry Glitter Nail Polish with Magnetic Stick - Blue - the magnetic effect was barely noticeable with just the polish so I reached for ...

DRK Nails TC Magic Effect For Magnetic Nail Polish (from Polish Pick Up (PPU) July 2023), a top cost intended to help produce a better magnetic effect with magnetic polishes. Indeed it did! 👍🏼 

I like the results of this enough to look into more magnetic nail polishes (after my polish no buy is over, though I suspect I may have some magnetic polishes in my stash already 😬 that I just need to sort through to find). I will try this shade again, with a black base - that may bring out the color and magnet effect more so that the initial take. 🤔 

@itsfi 

Ahhhhhh, it's gorgeous! 😍 Love the blue purple shift 💙💜

Thank you @RGbrown! This was a fun one, but I’m taking my time with magnetic polishes - no repeat of stamping plates - I have sooooo many and how often do I use these days? Yes, perhaps it means I need to get back into it. I should; it just seems to take me longer than other forms of nail art. 😆 

30,669 Replies
testing