Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@msgabbb Spectacular spring mani! 🌸

Loved my last mani enough that I wore it for a full week 😲 Time for a change though!

I picked up the Londontown Candy Dreams spring collection a while back, and decided now was as good a time as any to knock them out. I'm not a huge fan of pastels, I don't typically gravitate towards them, but they're sparkly, so I couldn't resist checking them out 😅 it's a set of four, so I added one other pastel shimmer to today's lineup.

Right hand, pinky to thumb

All are sheer, I've got 4 coats of each unless noted. They were all easy, not gloopy or streaky, I just needed to build up coverage over my stains. They all looked lovely, if subtle, even at just one coat.

Coconut Crush: clear base loaded with silver/white (shimmer? microflakies? unsure exactly what to call it), with a few hints of gold, blue and pink sparkles as well. Gives off some great pinpoint sparkles in some lighting. 

Grape Fizz: clear base loaded with pink to purple shifting shimmer, iridescent glitter in various tones, and a few flecks of holo flakies as well. The pink to purple shimmer is strong IRL, but my camera doesn't pick it up much at all for some reason. As sheer as it looked on my swatch stick, I wasn't sure it would ever build up to opacity, so this is three coats over one coat of their Illuminating Nail Concealer. Not sure that was necessary though in the end, as it's pretty dang opaque. 

Whipped Blueberry: similar formula to Coconut Crush, but predominantly light blue with a few hints of gold 

Pink Strawberry: another similar formula, pink this time with some pops of silver 

Amethyst On Ice: pale lavender with a frost/pearl finish. Not part of the spring set, I just thought it would be a nice add on for this mani. If I wore pastels more often, this would probably be one of my faves...sure, it took four coats for me, but I love the color and I love pearly finishes (and if your nails aren't stained as badly as mine are, 2-3 will probably get most of you by!)

IMG_20230509_165149466.jpg

Overcast daylight 

IMG_20230509_165222518.jpg

Indirect light 

IMG_20230509_165535860.jpg

Blurry flash to help pop a little of the sparkle on my ring finger, and also shows a wee bit of the pinpoints in Coconut, Blueberry and Strawberry 

I knew I didn't want both hands to be full on pastel, so on my left hand, I laid down one coat of Morgan Taylor Little Black Dress, and used each one as a topper. One coat each, except Lavender On Ice (it was a bit uneven at one, so it got two). Grape Fizz turns into a strong blue to purple to pink shifter, and the other three from the set take on a foiled appearance

IMG_20230509_165259214.jpg

Overcast daylight 

I remember when you picked  up that Londtown set @RGbrown! The colors look pretty - I like the combination of the pastel and shimmers in the polishes - it makes me think a bit of cotton candy. Adding MT LBD as a topper though? Whoa!!! 😲 Really loved the new look it created wtih Grape Fizz.

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! I'm glad I tried them as toppers, it was a fun way to get a totally different look 💖

@RGbrown  I love the Candy Dreams shades as toppers. I almost bought Grape Fizz (and might go back to get it now, gee thanks a lot 😂) so it's good to see it in action on its own and as a topper. 

@WinglessOne 

You know I'm more than happy to enable any purchase! 😂 If you do, I hope you love it...it's a fun one!

@RGbrown  Woah a whole week!! How long do you usually keep your mania for! I love this mani it’s so pretty! 

@ather 

I probably average about 3, maybe 4 days per mani. Sometimes just one day even lol, but a full week is really rare for me unless I'm just crazy busy. 

@RGbrown love the chrome!! It's making me wanna buy.... 🙈

@jaaayp 

Thanks so much! 

This thread is definitely dangerous for our wallets 😅💸

@RGbrown Oh wow those are both great!

@Samtian 

Thanks so much! 💖

Wow! This is another master piece @RGbrown Just. Awesome!

I looovve these metalics and how you executed everything 😍

@CynthieLu @Titian06 @JoSometimes @Mellmars1185 @Saradestin 

Thanks so much y'all! 💖

These colors are so pretty on both hands, @RGbrown ! 🥰  I really like Amethyst on Ice. 💜💜💜

I love that grape fizz both on its own and as a topper @RGbrown. It looks great on top of something dark.

@RGbrown Both manis are each so beautiful in their own special way. You have such an eye for pairing shades and sparkles together.

So gorgeous and delicate @RGbrown ! Such beautiful mani! I love that pop of sparkle 😍

IMG_2444.jpeg

IMG_2446.jpeg

I love how cute the last mani turned out but the mistakes forced me to add so more layers and it just felt uncomfortable. For rainbow 2.0, I went with Sinful Colours in black with each nail getting a few dots of colour and some glitter on top. The ring fingers are just straight up gold/red glitter on top of black.

I’m really surprised with the Sinful Colours. It was from Dollarama (big Canadian dollar store chain) and I wasn’t expect much. It ended up being a 2-coater and self-levelled really nicely. I just wish the brush were bigger.

@JoSometimes, adding some glitter and a few dots of color really jazzes up a beautiful black polish.😃

It really does @itsfi! Im trying to convince myself that a solid colour is fine but I always end up putting a topper. 

30,805 Replies
testing