Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@jaaayp 

Nail stickers are typically made with solvent resistant inks and materials to stand up to wet polish, whereas other stickers may not be. It's worth a shot if you find some cheaper that you like, for sure, but there's a possibility they won't do well for a mani, so maybe practice with one or two on a test swatch before doing up a full mani!

@RGbrown @JoSometimes got it! Omg so much knowledge @RGbrown 😂😂😂 but yes.. true. Gel. Just slap something on and seal it till it can't breathe. I'm gonna be over here murdering stickers as soon as I get my hands on them 🤣

@jaaayp @RGbrown Michael’s and your local dollar store. Both will see their revenue skyrocket from everyone on here buying stickers. 😂

All inspired by @JoSometimes on Sephoras Community 😂

@RGbrown @jaaayp I learned that the hard way. The star is a foil sticker, so no ink involved but the solvents in the colour layers ate the adhesive off the bottom of the sticker. I tried on my ring finger and couldn’t get them to stay flat. The one on my left thumb had one corner that didn’t get smothered in top coat and it wanted to peel off. I got it to work by letting everything cure overnight then going back with one final quick dry top coat. I’m gonna give it another try in the future but letting everything fully cure before putting a sticker on. 

Thinking further, I think @jaaayp has an advantage since you use gels and they don’t have the same solvents to worry about.

@JoSometimes 

Ooohhh, good call, I didn't even think about gel, so yeah, it may not be an issue!

@RGbrown I’ve seen a few crafty people use UV cure resin on all kinds of things without issue on YouTube. If gel polish is anything like that, it should work. 🤷

I can't help myself, not sure what even drew me in to checking this brand out at this particular moment...I've heard good things, but not sure I saw any mention of them today that would have triggered a "hey, lemme go look at their stuff", but here we are, another sale, this time for Polish Me Silly (on Etsy), 25% off $25+ (FS at $35) with code MEMORIALDAY25

Screenshot_20230527-010310.png

All those shades look very pretty but I need to pass without even looking because I know I would find something I love and don’t need @RGbrown ! I still have too much to go through.

@Saradestin 

I dunno what "too much to go through" means to you, but I'm sitting on somewhere around 200 untrieds and I still managed to order a few. It's like you don't even care about supporting a small business. Shrug.

<I attempted to say this with a straight face, but I absolutely died with laughter by the first comma and my continued giggles made typing the rest quite difficult 🤣 🤣 >

See? Now I feel guilty @RGbrown!!! 😅😅😅

Do it for the economy @Saradestin @RGbrown !!! 

@itsfi 😂🤣😂🤣 For whose economy??? 😜

For someone other thanthose on this thread @Saradestin! 😂 Let’s go with the nail polish brands! Do you think you’ll pick up anything before the month is over? I’m holding strong 💪🏼 but that’s only because I failed yesterday! 🤣😂😂

I am hoping not to get anything until July 4 sales @itsfi ! 😅 Too much to ask to myself???? 

These look so cute @RGbrown! I’m on my second storage box now. It’s still pretty empty, but I’m trying not to fill it up too quickly…

Beyond Polish has 15% off $40 & 20% off $75 site wide.

Codes:  SALE45 or SALE75

Screenshot_20230526_204120.jpg

Yes, I said it and I will repeat it @Titian06 ! You are too cruel!!!! 😅

An orangy red.

20230526_203846.jpg

My photo does not do this shade justice. I really like it! Essie - Clam Bake

This shade is pretty on you @Mellmars1185 great choice for a red polish 😍

@CynthieLu Thank you very much! I am in love with this one 😍