Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! Oh yes, Syria definitely has ruby slipper vibes 💖 Oh Splat is a blast!

@RGbrown  Great mani! I love oh splat!! 

@ather 

Thanks so much! Oh Splat is great!

I love Oh Splat @RGbrown! It’s like a confetti cannon went off during your manicure!

@JoSometimes 

It is sooooooo much fun! 

Gorgeous mani, @RGbrown ! 🥰  I always look at Splat, but have not talked myself into a white polish on my pasty white person. 😄  Love the shiny red of the BKL. ❤❤❤

@Titian06 

I greatly dislike a stark white against my light skin tone, the contrast is awful and makes me look washed out, but I love a good white crelly like this with fun accent colors built right in...it gives a whole different look! Give one a shot one day...you might be surprised! 🤍❤️

One more deal! I've been seeing hauls all over Reddit, but didn't think to post it here because I'm a slacker bum 🤦‍♀️ if you are up for a mystery haul, check out Color Club...they are redesigning their logo and clearing out all the old bottles for $1 😲 Select the clearance listing from their menu and it should be the first option 

I've read that 20% codes will stack (but have not googled for any nor have I tried it)

Screenshot_20230527-131513.png

Oh wow! Mystery polishes for $1 is a really great deal! 😵

Two more sales:

- Zoya has 25% off site wide

Code:  MD23

- What's Up Beauty has 10% off $30, 20% off $60, and 30% off $90 site wide

Code:  No code needed; applied at checkout.

Screenshot_20230527_140052.jpg

Screenshot_20230527_140219.jpg

I am waiting for Zoya’s 70% sale to pull the trigger 😁

👀👀👀

Glad I didn't cave for 20% at Cirque...I want a couple of the neons and they aren't included in their sale, but this 30% is better for the jellies I want too. Wish I could stack my WUN rewards on top too, but sadly it didn't work, so now I have to debate if want to make a $70 haul (after discount, plus shipping) or not 😱 30% will likely be the best deal for the neons, they are LE and tend to go oos before better sales come along iirc. Argh, decisions!

ETA: yep, I caved. I need to be done shopping now! 💸

Looking forward to seeing what you picked @RGbrown !! 😃 

@Saradestin 

Ahhh, I meant to post a screenshot, whoops!

whats up order 5-27.png

@RGbrown I've had to use a lot of self-restraint to NOT buy C.R.E.A.M.  I'm going to try and live vicariously through your purchase 😂

@CookieGirl1 

I appreciate and admire self restraint! You can do it!!!!💚

Those are gorgeous choices @RGbrown !!! You make me want some! 😅 Looking forward to seeing the manis you create with them! 

IMG_2948.jpeg

Indirect lighting indoors

IMG_2949.jpeg

Direct lighting outdoors. I also happened to catch the tail end of morning golden hour! (I’m not a morning person but I woke up early because I was cold. We’re currently in that weird transition period here where it’s too hot use a comforter/duvet but too cold for just a flat sheet.)

@jaaayp’s use of nail stickers and my kids’ love of put stickers on EVERYTHING inspired me to give something a try. The end result isn’t the greatest, maybe a bit too busy for my liking, but it was a fun experiment and my kids are loving it, so why not?

Index and pinky are Kokie - Royal Flush. It’s a dark blue to purple shift. I could have done two coats, but ended up with three. Not fussy, easy to apply, and the brush is a decent size.

Ring and thumb are Quo - Galactic. It’s a metallic, iridescent, chromey lilac. It’s definitely a three-coater and the end result was a bit sheer but not too fussy to work with. I could see the slightest bit of my smile line before I laid down some white (Pure Ice - Superstar), blue (OPI - DonUou See What I Sea), and burple (not a typo! Sinful Colours - Let’s Talk) dots. The SC does not like to be isolated as a dot under top coat and started to diffuse before the top settled. Not what I was expecting but could be a cool effect on a different manicure. I also wish I had put the bill of the dots at the base instead of the tip of the nails. Next time!

And on my thumb, I added dark blue star from my kids sticker collection and topped it off with Sally Hansen - Snowglobe. If you want to use actual stickers, I would recommend getting the base down and completely dry before applying the sticker, smoothing down as hard and flat as possible and covering with a quick dry topcoat over every part of the sticker, especially the edges. The slightest bit of solvent from a half cured manicure will eat the sticker adhesive and the sticker will start lifting. (I tried so many times to make it work…)

The middle finger is also the same Quo - Galactic but over black (Sinful Colours - Black on Black). It really changes up as a topper and becomes this interesting electric  purple that shifts from almost blue to purple to lilac to pink. I really like it and might do a full set like this someday.

Your stickers look so good with the blue, purple & blurple shades @JoSometimes! Having them on a couple of finger nails really makes them stand out and let’s the other polishes shine as well. 

Thank you @itsfi! You’re totally right. Having only a finger or two let’s the others shine together. 

@JoSometimes Really beautiful mani. I really like Royal Flush. There is nothing like enjoying a beautiful morning 🌄😍

30,730 Replies
testing