Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Deenyce412 I used a gel color base with a chrome gel polish on top! If you use gel, you can find quite a range of good ones on Amazon. OR you can purchase a chrome powder and it gives a very similar look 🥰

You have some seriously beautiful long nails @jaaayp 💜 I like the shift in this mani alot!

Thank you @CynthieLu ! But the grass is always greener because there are days where I wish I had your nails!!

This is sooo pretty, @jaaayp ! 🤩

Thank you @Titian06 🥰🥰🥰❤️❤️❤️❤️

@jaaayp 

Gorgeous 😍 I have a thing for blue shifts, and this one is so lovely! 💙

Thank you @RGbrown !! Your homemade ones are just ❤️👏👌👍🙆‍♀️ I should order from you+!

@jaaayp  oooo I love the chrome!

Thank you @ather ❤️🥰

@jaaayp Looove that chrome polish. I can kinda see the grey base peeking through in the last photo. And your nail length! I can’t even! 

Thank you @JoSometimes ! I finally trimmed it! It's still somewhat long but definitely manageable.. IT NEVER BROKE! IDK HOW!!!

@jaaayp Magic. That’s the only explanation. 🪄

Time for more adventures in polish making ❤️💜

I used Sassy Sauce Glampire as my starting point, not necessarily looking for a perfect dupe, but purple + red is a fave of mine, so this gave me some inspo for combos to try 

Screenshot_20230912-151930.png

pic pulled from Sassy Sauce's IG

Homemade polish 18 (pinky, ring, thumb): adding red mirror powder to a purple jelly base nets an opaque purple-berry shimmer polish, not the red shimmer in a purple base I had hoped for lol (I had my suspicions this would be the case, but learning via experience is a good thing!). Gorgeous color though 😍 I added some red microglitter and red flakes too, and they are lovely accents, though a bit subtle since there's not much tonal contrast.

Homemade polish 19 (middle, index): purple jelly base with red/orange/gold aurora, red flakies, red microglitter, and red/black flakies. Much closer to my inspo, though my flakes and glitter are much denser and the base is nearly impossible to see...could be a dupe though with a little tweaking.

I think I went a little overboard with pigments/flakes in both of these, as application wasn't as nice as I'd hoped. Thinner helped smooth them out a bit, but I think both would benefit from more suspension base to dilute the concentration of the ingredients and balance the formula out better. If I had paid money for these from an established brand, I wouldn't have been very impressed...the end result isn't bad at all, but the purple wasn't super smooth and dried dimpled before topcoat, and the red has a few lumps from not being able to smooth some flakie clumps.

IMG_20230913_134402169.jpg

Overcast daylight

IMG_20230913_134424813.jpg

Indirect light

IMG_20230913_134459279.jpg

Another angle to catch the orange shift in 19 

Side note: I have no clue what happened to my pinkie nail? I took my polish off yesterday and all was well; I filed my nails a little, slathered them with cuticle oil for a bit, and while doing my final wipe with remover, it just broke off in my hand 😖🤔 It was a clean break too, like it had been sliced off with a knife. When I file, my corners are sharp, but are they really sharp enough to cut a nail like that? Maybe so, maybe even apparently so lol, but I'm still a bit surprised by the whole thing. 

omg, that shift is marvelous @RGbrown! ♥️🧡 You are nailing it 😉 with your homemade polishes. I see the nod to Glampire but yours definitely stands out on its own. It’s like Glampire: Deconstructed and I see another variation of the shift from it in your ring finger nail on that last pic. You’re amazing! 

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! I'm having a blast playing with all of this stuff 💜❤️

Thank you for sharing more of your homemade polishes @RGbrown 😊 💕 They are really cool! 

(I think a clean even break like that would have me stunned too, it's just soo unlikely. It would have me questioning what could have possibly happened.) 

Your number 19 does hit nicely close to Glampire, it's beautiful 💜❤️

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! 💜❤️

I'm still super confused by my pinkie 🤔

@RGbrown  Ooooo these are beautiful creations! I love it. Ok strange that your nail basically fell off. I wonder what happened!!!

@ather 

Thanks so much! 💜❤️

So weird 😒 ah well, at least it'll grow back eventually!

I am just so amazed by your nail polish making skills @RGbrown ! These are amazing 🥰 we all have that one trouble nail... just doesn't know how to join the party and doesn't know the meaning of teamwork! 🤦‍♀️

@jaaayp 

Thanks so much! Mixing polishes has been so much fun...a little frustrating at times, but totally worth the effort 💜❤️

30,813 Replies
testing