Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@cianni 

Thanks so much! It's such a gorgeous polish 💖

Hello, 2024! 🎉 Here’s my first mani of the new year. 💅

blue nail polish for skittles.jpg

In addition to the beautiful blues in this mani, I'm very happy with myself for growing out my thumb and index finger nails long enough to be able to file them into an almond shape! (Look @jaaayp, it finally happened!) I'm actually surprised I was able to reach this length on my natural nails on not just one, but two nails. Let's not expect this length to stay for much longer though, lol. I was aiming to do an almond shaped nail last year but 2024 is fine as well, right? 😉

Feeling blue ... in the best way!Feeling blue ... in the best way!

blue skittles 2.jpg

from thumb to pinky (all 2 coats, except for my thumb and index finger nails, which have 3 coats):

OPI Infinite ShineI NLLA08 - Angels Flight to Starry Nights - a soft,sky blue with a pearly holographic shimmer. 

Chanel Muse - soft, pale pastel blue creme. I've found that pastel blue polishes can go on streaky. This had some bald spots with the first coat but was not the most challenging pastel blue I've used. Easy opacity with the second coat.

Hard to describe the color of Smith & Cult Ice Tears. In the bottle it has a deep teal blue metallic look to it, but on my nails, it looks more like a cross between lapis blue and a dark blue, with a pretty, semi metallic finish. 

Zoya Saint - light periwinkle blurple with a soft metallic finish.

1422 Designs Blueberry Milkshake is a blueberry crelly base with silver, gold and purple flakies.This was part of the Polish Pick Up (PPU) May 2021 offering.

Base coat is Canmake Nail Hardener and Top coat is the tried-and-true Glisten & Glow Top Coat.

Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday and is enjoying the start of the new year. Excited to see all the marvelous mani's to come!

It's beautiful @itsfi I'm so proud 😂 I saw a video the other day and they were like "a way to grow your natural nails is to pretend they're already long and treat them as though they'll break any moment" ! I thought of you 😂😂😂

@itsfi Congrats on the grow out!! Your nail shape looks great, and that Smith and Cult shade... dang girl!

Thank you, thank you @missjeanie! I’ve had this shade on my radar for some time; glad I finally went for it. I’m bummed they are no longer in business; always sad to see something like that happen. I had a moment where I thought “what am I going to do when I run out?” And then I realized what a ridiculous thought THAT was. 😜 I doubt I’ll be running out anytime soon. 😆 Or ever.

@itsfi I'm trying to tell myself that surely I'll have something new to obsess over should things like 'running out' ever happen!

Hahahaha @missjeanie! There is always something, isn't there? 

@itsfi  Oooo this blue skittle nail set is amazing!! I love the different depths of blues that you picked out! 

Thank you @ather! I kept pulling out blues and after the third blue polish, I just decided a blue skittles mani was in order. 💙

@itsfi  Oh I love all of these pretty blue colors 💙💙. And so happy to hear that 2 nails are long enough to shape 😀👍. That’s wonderful!

Thank you @Cissy63! I’m so pleased my nails have (knock on wood) stopped their downward spiral of peeling and breaking and peeling and breaking. Regardless of their length, here’s hoping I can keep them strong and healthy this year! 🤞🏼 

@itsfi I’m loving all these blues (which i noticed @RGbrown also has done for the new years mani). Maybe I’m a little extra biased because our surprise gender baby is a boy! Now i want alllllll the blue mani inspo for when i get mine done next 😍

Awwwww!!! Congratulations @cianni! 💙 Blues are fun and I cannot wait to see what mani you come up with celebrate your baby now! So exciting! 🤗 

@itsfi 

Such a gorgeous start to the new year! 💙 I was relieved to see I have the S&C shade...was worried for a sec I was gonna have to start poking around the 'net to find it for sale somewhere lol. I love your combo here!

Thanks so much @RGbrown! This is one of my favorite S&C polishes. Did we ever find out what happened to the brand? I don’t know if I heard of them officially closing up; it’s also entirely possible that there was news of it and it completely slipped by me. 

@itsfi 

I never heard any news about it, they just up and disappeared as far as I know ☹️

Your mani is gorgeous, @itsfi ! 💙💙💙  I love all these blues; I can't pick a favorite.  Things we do this week counts as spillage from 2023. 😁  Congratulations on growing out your nails--they look lovely.

@Titian06, thank you; love the carryover philosophy ❣️ I love all these blues as well. 💙🩵💙🩵 I do want to whittle down my stash a smidge more; but it’s not looking like anything from this mani will be tossed. 😆 

image.jpg

@AQoda I love the accent!  

@AQoda  Very pretty 🤩 

30,374 Replies
testing