Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Absolutely gorgeous! I’m loving the nail art and color it is so beautiful! 🤩 @itsfi 

Thank you @peculiarzmakeup. This was a fun one. This is one of my favorite blue polishes. 

I love your rendition more @itsfi! This turned out super cute and the colour palette screams spring time!

That is very sweet of you to say @JoSometimes; thank you for your kindness. I may try to replicate the design from the press-on when my nails grow out. I am so ready for spring; if the weather isn't going to cooperate with that, then I'll make spring happen on my nails. 🤣 

Love these @itsfi 🩵 you did an incredible job on the nail art! I love the color of the Gucci Glossy Nail Polish 716 Lucy Baby Blue🩵🤩🩵

Thank you @happyskincare! The polishes in the Gucci collection are all gorgeous but this blue one is definitely one of my faves. 

I knew I missed my squares, but I didn't realize exactly how much until I finished filing them all down. To say I was gleeful when I was done is an understatement 😂

I spent an afternoon on a lazy "spend some of my birthday coupons" shopping trip and wound up at CVS with a $3 ecb and $5 coupon, and walked out with 10 Pop-arazzi polishes (oops, didn't mean to get that many, but at 2/$5, it's not like it broke my budget lol). The selection is fairly small, but they manage to keep the line pretty interesting with a mix of some basic creams and some really nice shimmers that are on par with much nicer brands. For this set, I decided to see what a couple of the sheer ones I picked up would look like plain and over a black base.

Pop-arazzi Deep Space (plain on my pinky, base color on ring and thumb): black jelly loaded with holo flakies. A touch sheer after two coats, but not sheer enough that it bothered me. Nice formula that was easy to apply, and the flakies sparkle nicely in bright light. All around excellent 🖤

Pop-arazzi Born A Unicorn (one coat over black on ring finger, two coats over Londontown Illuminating Nail Concealer on middle): the palest purple jelly loaded with fine particle blue shimmer that shifts ever so slightly purple in the right light. Absolutely gorgeous over black, and equally lovely plain if you are into the sheer glowy look. Another easy formula to work with, and I'd assume it was an indie polish if I didn't know any better. 

Pop-arazzi Glass Ceiling (two coats over Londontown Illuminating Nail Concealer on my index and two coats over black on my thumb): large particle shimmer or small flakies that shift blue to purple. Over black, it became slightly noticeable that the formula is a little thick/dense, and I wound up with some streaky spots of too much of the shimmer bunched up, leaving white-ish lumps...I added a second coat to try and even that out a bit, but alas, was not successful (but I also don't think it's super noticeable to anyone but me, so the end result isn't bad, and I also think a little thinner would take care of that issue before I use it again). The purple shift in this one is much stronger than Born A Unicorn, and I love this over black. This seems to be a more pastel version of Morgan Taylor Izzy Wizzy Let's Get Busy, with a lighter blue starting point compared to MT's deeper royal blue. This is another one I'd assume came from a much fancier brand if didn't know!

All in all, I'm over the moon with all three of these, and am looking forward to trying more of my haul soon!

IMG_20240305_114616933_HDR.jpg

It was a gloomy overcast day, which is a shame, but goodness, look at that glow even under the clouds 🌟 we are ignoring the wrinkles on my index nail...I got a little too busy a little too quickly after finishing these last night, whoops. 

IMG_20240305_114659468.jpg

Indirect light 

Wow - amazing, @RGbrown ! 🤩  I've not heard of this brand.  I did look for the new Sally Hansen Miracle Gel colors.  The price was jacked upped at the store I was in.  I'll have to watch for this brand now.

@Titian06 

Pop-arazzi is CVS' house brand! It's not normally on the makeup wall, but is generally hiding on display shelves that hang from the sides of endcaps. Most stores I've been in have two displays; one is all black caps with white polka dots and those are $2.99 or 2/$5, and the other set has white caps with black polka dots and a price point of ($4.99 or 2/$8 iirc). I found the cheaper line much more interesting, and wound up skipping the more expensive ones altogether (it has some really pretty pastels if that's what you're after, but none of them really spoke to me the same way the cheaper ones did). Bottle shot for reference!

IMG_20240229_211252761_HDR.jpg

Thanks for the info and pic, @RGbrown ! 🙂  I have an appointment next week near a CVS, so I may have to stop by to see what I can find.

@RGbrown  Great colours! Nice to see your back to square! 

Thank you @ather! I'm so happy to have squares again 🩵

Wow, @RGbrown, that turned out fab!

@CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much! I'm really impressed with these 🩵

Gorgeous polishes @RGbrown. I’m mesmerized by the shades on your ring and index fingernails. Stunning. Awesome finds. 

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! CVS did a really nice job with both of those 🩵

Gorgeous nails! Absolutely stunning 🤩 @RGbrown 

Thank you @peculiarzmakeup! 🖤💙

These are absolutely stunning @RGbrown🩵🤩🤍

@happyskincare 

Thanks so much! 💙🖤