Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@JoSometimes  Thank you and you are so right!  It picks up the red especially in the light❤️💜

@Cissy63 

😍😍😍 That polish is gorgeous! Purple and red is the best combo out there, and this one is amazing 💜❤️

@RGbrown  Thank you so much 😊.  I’m enjoying it a lot 😀

This color is gorgeous, @Cissy63 ! 💜💜💜  What is this thing "the sun"? 🤣

@Titian06  Oh thank you 😊. I was so shocked to see the sun shining yesterday!  I thought it was a hoax🤪. It was gone today 😩

Zoya has buy 10 for $25; $2.50 each over 10 

Selection of 140 colors (per the email; my count was ~125)

Code:  Hue

Through 01/15/2024

Screenshot_20240103_074004.jpg

How about a year end tally from the crazy collector? 😋

I started off 2023 with 1650 polishes. I destashed 4 (big number, yes?), and purchased or otherwise obtained 345 new ones, for a grand total of 1991 at the end of the year.

Considering I purchased 571 the year before, buying less than one a day was huge progress in cutting back for me 😂

And don't worry, I'll hit 2k before you know it...polishes 1992, 1993, and 1994 are already on their way to me, and my bday is next month, so a mini splurge is due soon 🎂

Year end totals for the brands I track:

Zoya273287
Morgan Taylor242305
OPI156168
China Glaze129141
Essie5964
Orly5170
Butter4848
Revlon4666
ILNP4556
Black Dahlia4242
Night Owl2443
Londontown2136
Smith & Cult1920
LA Colors1821
Cupcake1823
Glisten & Glow1531
KBShimmer1112
Cirque937

It's been a long time coming, but MT finally became the largest brand in my collection, surpassing Zoya by a smidge; considering how long I've been buying Zoya and the massive head start the brand had, I'm not surprised it took me this long to do it even though MT has been my fave for years now.

I was surprised to see that the bulk of my Cirque is less than a year old; I didn't realize I had gone so nuts with them recently, but I guess it makes sense when I realize this is the year I went gaga over their jellies.

All numbers here are based on me remembering to add purchases to my tallies, which is a manual process that happens nearly all of the time, but I am far from perfect, so it may be off a smidge. I got a couple of Helmers for xmas, and when I finally get those put together and decide what goes in them, I may do some spot checking to see just how accurate (or off) my lists are (eek, that'll be a chore lol).

@RGbrown Crazy Collector... I think you mean Master Connoisseur!  I'm looking forward to seeing which bottle becomes the illustrious number 2000!

Is it weird that just thinking about you picking up bottle 2K brings a smile to my face @RGbrown? But, first things first, looking forward to 1992, 1993 and 1994. And all the polishes leading up to AND following No. 2000. 😁 

I feel like we all benefit from your collection. You're doing good work, RGBrown. Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing what fun things you do with your nails this year!

@RGbrown  First you are not a crazy collector! You are a professional collector!! And wow. I am impressed with your collection! I can tell that MT is definitely a fav! I can’t wait to see what manis you’re going to do this year! 

Woooow! What a collection @RGbrown! You are single digits away from 2000 bottles! Do you already have something in mind for bottle No. 2000?

@JoSometimes 

I don't have anything in mind quite yet...maybe something special will come along and scream "pick me!", but it may also be something as mundane as the MT spring collection or some other basic find (maybe I'll hit Dollar Tree soon lol).

Wow, your collection must be astounding. 🤩🤩🤩 @RGbrownBuying 200+ less polishes last year, that's a pretty huge accomplishment. Congratulations! 

Ooh a birthday coming up? That's a nice reason you treat yourself.😉🥳 Are there any exciting polishes you have your eyes on already? 

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! No particular polishes in mind quite yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something I need between now and then lol

I'm sure you will, you have a fair amount of time until next month. 😉 🎈

You find the most gorgeous of polishes 😍 @RGbrown 

Amazing, @RGbrown !  I need to get my list going; otherwise, I'm going to start ordering dupes.

@Titian06 

Accidentally buying a dupe is what spurred me to do it 😂 Mine is simple, just the brand name and the list of shades I own, but some folks get super involved with it, detailing color(s), finish, how many times they've worn it, and even adding bottle shots or swatch shots. In hindsight, I kinda wish I had gone more advanced with mine so I could easily track just how many white crellies or purple jellies or red shimmers etc I have, but it works for my basic need at least, and maybe one day I'll expand it.

B4EACDBD-FA39-45BD-8C9E-167D56DAD133.jpeg

very delightful bow accent!

omg, that bow @louizaaa is so cute! Love it paired with the stars on your other nails. What a fun mani!

@louizaaa  great set!

30,730 Replies
testing