Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@JoSometimes 

Nice hack! My brush has a dotting tool on the other end which can come in handy for small cleanup, especially around the cuticle, but having a cuticle stick on that end would be amazing as well!

Thanks @RGbrown! I tend to forget things for mani’s in my boxes and then struggle to get them out while the polish is still wet. At least this way, it’s two-in-one and always handy. 

Good idea, @JoSometimes ! Also, I’m very impressed that the acetone (assuming your remover isn’t acetone-free) didn’t also dissolve the glue in the ferrule. I’ve tried a couple other e.l.f. makeup brushes for polish cleanup and both lost their bristles after a couple shallow dips in acetone. Your concealer brush must be better made than e.l.f.’s eyeshadow brushes. 😂 

@WinglessOne 

Heeeeeey, good to see you here!

I lost several cheap brushes to this before upgrading to one made for nails. I'd have one last a few months, and then my replacement would last two manis, and I got tired of having to make sure I had multiple backups on hand. There's not much more frustrating than trying to clean up a mani and all the bristles falling out instead 😣 My nail brush has been going strong for 2+ years now though 💕

Thanks @RGbrown! I’ve gotten too used to my bare (eh, colorless) nails. 😅 But I’ve had new patterned magnets waiting to be used for a couple months, plus all the polish I still keep buying, so it’s about time I do that nail cleanup I’ve been putting off. 

I’ve got cleanup brushes made specifically for manis. But I also still use a small ColourPop angled shadow/brow brush. For nearly 2 years, that brush has survived acetone like a champ. It’s one of the travel size My Little Pony brushes I got for free because ColourPop sent me someone else’s order. 😂 (I hope they reshipped a brush set to her.) Apparently they’re well bundled and securely glued—well, this angled brush anyway. Acetone will likely eat that glue eventually, as well as the glue in mani-marketed cleanup brushes. Just hope for more years of service before that happens. 

@WinglessOne 

I found a fairly cheap ($7ish iirc) kolinsky brush on Amazon...I hate shopping there but it's so dang handy sometimes 😣 but the brush has been absolutely fantastic. I may order a backup soon just to have on hand, but other than finally starting to have a few bristles splay out a bit, it has given very little sign of wearing out any time soon. 

We are looking forward to seeing you post again...hopefully soon! You have been missed 💕

@WinglessOne Acetone-free for me. It takes a little longer but I don’t use anything involving UV curing, so it’s all I really need. I’ve lost entire brushes but never had one fall apart on me. 

@JoSometimes Hopefully you’ll never experience the agony of a suddenly balding brush. Even plain ol’ water in the ferrule can loosen the glue holding bristles together, so it’s still impressive that your brush survived a long soak in a bottle of liquid. 👍

@WinglessOne I can imagine the pain of bristles just falling off and ruining a perfectly good mani. Hopefully that never happens… 🤞

I thought the flakies in these two would look more similar than they wound up looking, but I still think they look cool together even if it's not quite the level of coordination I thought it would be lol 

Lilypad Lacquer I Heard It Through The Grapevine: extremely sheer purple base with orange/gold/green iridescent flakies. I even caught a pop of bright fuchsia in lower lights last night, but can't figure out how to recreate it for the camera now lol. It's nowhere near opaque, but the flakies are dense enough and reflective enough to mimic opacity at most angles. Three coats, easy to work with.

Cuticula Chip Chip Hooray: berry purple base, much creamier and more opaque than Lilypad, loaded with orange/gold/green shifting flakies, and I think there might be some red shimmer as well. Two coats was good, though I wound up with three since the other polish needed that many. Also easy to work with. 

IMG_20231111_125149755.jpg

It's gross and rainy out, so indirect light is it today

IMG_20231111_125218994_HDR.jpg

Another angle to show off a few more colors 

Bonus pedi! I'm not sure what got into me, but I willingly selected a brown this time...I don't think I've ever done that on my toes before 😯 but I'm kinda digging on it; it's a nice change of pace. Zoya Ryder with a little dab of EdK Waterfalls for some sparkle. Ryder was an easy two coater, and Waterfalls is the only gold topper I keep in regular rotation

IMG_20231111_125010256_HDR.jpg

@RGbrown Beautiful fall shimmery shades. They work well together! 

Thank you @Mellmars1185 !

@RGbrown  Wow! I love these. So fall inspired! Your toes are perfect also! 

@ather 

Thanks so much! 💖

Oooh, the shades in the flakies are super fun @RGbrown!

lol, I saw your pedi and thought “did she go for a brown polish?” Then my eye caught sight of their beautiful glitter and wondered if it was a topper or a brown polish is pretty glitter. Either way, this combo is marvelous and worth a repeat, on the nails and toes. 🤎

@itsfi 

Brown? Brown!? I know, right? 😂😂 I'm really enjoying it though, and am actually contemplating putting it on my fingers at some point soon for a closer look at it since my feet stay bundled up now lol

I have a handful of brown polishes picked out and set aside @RGbrown. Along with a handful of other fall colors. We shall see what I will end up going with once I come up for air and can get to doing my nails. 

Beautiful @RGbrown ! Both mani and pedi are stunning!!! 

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! It's always love the feeling of a fresh pedi

SO CUTE! SO FESTIVE!!! I see toesies 👀🤣🤭 @RGbrown 

@jaaayp 

Thanks so much! I always feel weird showing off my feet 😬😋

30,379 Replies
testing