Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Beautiful, @jaaayp ! 😍  The color says it all!

@jaaayp 

One color? That's it? Are you sure you're done? 🤭 Just kidding, this color is gorgeous and needs nothing else!! 😍

Morgan Taylor holiday gave me all the feels this year 💖💖💖 It's a little festive, a little frosty, and a little moody all in one...I feel like there are dozens of looks that could be achieved depending on which colors you pick. I guess that's true of most any set of six, but this mix just feels a little different to me, and I love it. 

I never got a shot of them together for my haul post because they wound up coming from two different stores, so here's a little family photo (terrible lighting, I know, sorry) 

IMG_20231221_120751921.jpg

From L to R (and also from pinky to thumb on my right hand in the next photo):

Bad To The Bow: super sheer base, maybe deep green or grey/nearly black loaded to the brim with golden green shimmer. The overall end color is a sparkly smoky pine green, and it's gorgeous. Three coats for opacity, but they were easy.

A Hundred Present Yes: charcoal grey slash purple cream, very deep and moody. Surprisingly sheer for an MT cream, easy to work with formula wise but I was surprised it needed three coats.

Gift It Your Best: frosty blue metallic shimmer with a satiny matte finish. Easy two coater and a fantastic wintry shade.

Wrapped Around Your Finger: bone colored cream, pretty easy to work with for such a white based color; I got it down in two coats on my right hand (three on my left, but my left hand was a disaster from start to finish, it was one of those nights lol). 

Before My Berry Eyes: light purple metallic/chrome. I cannot express my love for this one enough...easy one coater (though chromes tend to be thin and show off every imperfection underneath, so I've got three here to build a little thickness). Shows off some brush strokes, but not as many as some other chromes I have, and as I suspected when I first swatched it, it's amazing for stamping 💜

Reddy To Jingle: rich red metallic, and my love for this one is high as well. Another easy one coater, slightly more forgiving to an imperfect base, and an amazing stamper. Two coats shown here. 

Swatch shots (before topcoat to show off the satin finish on Gift It Your Best)

IMG_20231221_010602674.jpg

IMG_20231221_010636103.jpg

I kinda wish now that I had left out the smoky shade and used the blue instead on this hand...I think it would have been a brighter, more festive look overall. Still a pretty mix though 💖

IMG_20231221_114401212_HDR.jpg

I had some time last night, yay, so I pulled out my stamping gear and went to town. This hand got an assortment of frosty snow looks...

IMG_20231221_115238574_HDR.jpg

...while this hand got more of a festive mix. The ring finger was a mess start to finish, this isn't what I was gonna do at all, but I screwed up the plaid and scrambled to redo it once, then had to cover it up after the second goof, and sigh, I guess it's good enough lol

IMG_20231221_114500121.jpg

It doesn't show well at all, but there's a small holly bough on my index. The green in this collection stamped about as well as I thought it would (hint of shimmer, but absolutely nothing in the way of opacity), but I like the subtlety of it.

All stamping done with polishes from this set. The red and metallic purple were amazing for coverage, going fully opaque. The bone shade softens up a bit, going a touch thin in coverage, but I like that effect for my snowy looks as I didn't want a stark bright white. The smoky grey lightened up a good bit too, becoming more obviously purple over the bone, but that was expected as well since it was nowhere close to a one coater. 

@RGbrown Wow these polishes are absolutely stunning. I love your stamping. My favourite shade has to be Bad to the Bow. It is so unique and special. This set has an excellent combination of shades!

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! Bad To The Bow is such a pretty green! 💚

@RGbrown I love the colors in this collection. It feels unique but very cohesive. The mani is fantastic.

@makeitup305 

Thanks so much! MT did a really nice job curating this set, it's small but mighty ❄️

@RGbrown I knew this mani was going to be incredible and it did not disappoint!! The stamping is so clean looking too! 😍😍😍

@cianni 

Thanks so much! I am really digging on this collection, and I love how it turned out! ❄️

Frosty, festive and FABULOUS❣️❣️❣️ Morgan Taylor really put together a beautiful holiday collection this year. 😍 That metallic purple and the red!!! 💜♥️💜♥️

You put a spectacular and dazzling spin on it with the stamping. Yaaay for stamping. I need to get back to it. I was just starting to get into it (though you would think I was doing it for years with all my stamping plates). I will aim to get back into it next year. Stamping 101 it is for 2024 for me! 🎉 

Love the star one on your index and ring nails and what’s that you say? You goofed on the plaid and Christmas tree stamp? I would have never know if you didn’t say anything. In fact, at first glance, I thought the stamping plate was designed that way. ♥️

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! The metallics are simply perfection ❤️💜

"...you would think I was doing it for years with all my stamping plates"

I felt this deeply...I have entirely too much stamping gear to only use it a couple of times a year 😆 I really should pull it out more often!

@RGbrown, yeah, I have plans to do different forms of nail art but time either gets away from me or when I sit down to actually do it, some other idea holds my attention. 😆 Adding "watch stamping videos" to my list of things to do over the holiday weekend. 

THE 👏 HOLI 👏 DAY 👏 VIIIIIIIBESSSS 👏 @RGbrown Love the progression! You know those holiday pajamas? YOU GOT EM RIGHT!!!

@jaaayp 

Oh yay, holiday PJs 😂😂 thanks so much! 💖

Wow! How gorgeous are your nails @RGbrown !! 😍. The base colors and the amazing stamping are outstanding!!!

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! I really should pull out my stamping stuff more often 💖

This is a beautiful set, I do see the moodiness. 💜🩶💙

@RGbrown I love the finished festive stamping. Even the one that gave you trouble 😊 the end result, I dig it. 😍

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! Even with all my troubles last night, I am loving this set 💖

I can see why 😉 I love the plaid and how it turned out. The colors are so good! @RGbrown 

Wow, these colors are gorgeous, @RGbrown ! 🥰  I love the purple chrome best (no surprise).  Your stamping is amazing!  I love the gray on the bone.  Even your problem nail looks good. 🙂

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! The purple chrome is amazing, definitely worthy of attention 💜

30,737 Replies
testing