Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

destroyed my nails but oh well loldestroyed my nails but oh well lol

@Emmapump destroyed? What happened? They look so beauty 🤍💙

@Emmapump  Great mani!

Wow @Emmapump, your mani looks fab. I love the modern, summer twist here - from jazzing up a French mani with that pretty blue tip to those swirls - fun, summer feels!! 💙🤍 Oh no, I’m sorry to hear this damaged your nails - hoping it doesn’t take too long for them to recover from the damage. 🤞🏼 

@Emmapump Very pretty! At least you got a picture before they were destroyed! Sorry to hear that! 

So beautiful @Emmapump!! 💙💙💙 Why did your nails get destroyed? That’s bad! 😢

Love your mani, @Emmapump ! 💙  Too bad about your nails. 😪

@Emmapump 

What a fun mani, but I'm sorry to hear it destroyed your nails 😞

This week I decided to wear black, red and white. Once applied, my mani gave me deck of cards vibes. If I had the right stamping tool or the right detailed brush, I may have played with hears, clubs, diamonds and spades. It would have looked pretty cool.

Red: Zoya Rashida.

Black: LynB Designs Quoth the Raven.

White: Orly White Tips (which is for French manicure but I use it over the entire nail anyway)

Direct sun in the poolDirect sun in the poolOutdoor shadeOutdoor shade

Then I decided to give it a fun touch because it was looking too flat, so I added some dots, which always improve any many 😁 Now it looks so cute! 

FlashFlashDirect sunDirect sunOutdoor shadeOutdoor shade

@Saradestin  Love these!

@Saradestin the red with the black and white looks AMAZING!

Thank you @CookieGirl1! I loved the result! 

@Saradestin Great colour combo. I really like the shade Rashida!

Thank you so much @Mellmars1185 ! It is a beautiful shade of red indeed! 

@Saradestin 

Fun fun fun!!! I love this playful mix, and that red is gorgeous 😍 it positively glows! 

Thank you so much @RGbrown ! I am really enjoying it so much!

Super adorable @Saradestin! These are my favorite colors! ♥️🤍🖤

Thank you @itsfi ! They make a beautiful combination ❤️

OMGosh!  The red polish is stunning, @Saradestin ! 🤩  I love both versions of your mani, but, of course, the dotted version is much more cute and fun! 🔴

Thank you @Titian06 ! As with lipsticks, I could not have enough red polishes... 😅

Finally filed all but one nail down to a short length. (Can't shorten my right thumb nail until a bad chip + split grows out past my fingertip, so I can fully remove that damage.) Ah, the joy of effortless typing at top speed again! 

What began as this morning's layered color-tweaking experiment became frustration. I started with these base colors, putting the shade I wanted to alter on both pinkies as a solo color for comparison’s sake. 

Right thumb: that glitter's not really olive. It's a rather reflective champagne gold.Right thumb: that glitter's not really olive. It's a rather reflective champagne gold.
Left hand: 
Spoiler
All are 2 coats unless otherwise stated. 

Thumb: SweetHeart Polish Everything (1 coat). The quintessential everything bagel topping polish: a clear base full of gold, white, and black glitter, plus a good amount of scattered holo glitter. Next time I use it, I’ll build it up to opacity as a solo color. Pretty sure I can do that in 3-4 coats. 

Index: Smith & Cult Fade the Sun. A salmon coral (looks more light orange in some lighting) with subtle gold shimmer. Easy to apply and leveled itself nicely. 

Middle: Butter London Empire Red. A red coral with very subtle gold pearl. I still wish the gold was a stronger shimmer. 

Ring: Night Owl Lacquer The Blood Moon Rises. The red jelly full of red, gold/orange, pink, and charcoal flakes I like to use as a topper or base for various looks. 

Pinky: Fair Maiden Mindfreak (3 coats). Its described as an orange jelly base but, on my pinkies, it looks more red based. It does have lots of gold, red, and what looks like black glitter and flakes. Sadly, it was a chore to work with. It's goopy enough to make the flakes hard to control, so capping tips was a big mess. (Why yes, I do try to cap my nail tips even when theyre short.) Also, it seems to stiffen up quickly, which would be good if it didnt happen while I was still working on a single coat. This caused large bare patches with each brushstroke; I wound up needing 3 individual coats to cover them. Ill try thinning this polish later. That might help bring out more of the orange I see in the bottle and other people's older swatch photos. I expected it to look more smoldering fire than ruby slipper. 
Right hand: 
Spoiler
All are 2 coats unless otherwise stated. 

Thumb: Smith & Cult Shattered Souls (1 coat). A very shiny topper of champagne/antique gold glitter in various sizes. I had no trouble getting enough glitter despite the annoying brush and bottle shape. Another topper I can probably get opaque in 3-4 coats. 

Index: LynBDesigns I Totally Paused. A yellow jelly full of orange and gold/yellow glitter with an orange shimmer shift. One of my favorite yellow polishes. 

Middle: Zoya Amy. Crazy sparkly fiery orange with a gold shift. I meant to put this on my ring nail instead (and Tanzy on this middle nail). 

Ring: Zoya Tanzy. Amy's equally sparkly yellow gold sister. Amy and Tanzy together = nail ablaze. If removing all their glitter from my skin was easier, I’d frequently ombre these 2. 

Pinky: Fair Maiden Mindfreak (3 coats). 
Then, per my original plan, I put one coat of Fair Maiden Mindfreak over all but the pinkies: 

Zoya Tanzy (base color of right ring nail) refuses to be fully subdued. :DZoya Tanzy (base color of right ring nail) refuses to be fully subdued. 😄
It’s hard to capture the subtle color differences on each nail in photos. Though Mindfreak did become more orange toned over Tanzy and Amy, and more candy apple over Blood Moon Rises, there’s not enough shade variation amongst my 10 nails to make this mani interesting for me. I don't hate single polish manis but, on my own nails, I prefer more variation. I’d also planned to do more layering beyond this but bailed, having lost my patience with Mindfreak. Eh, in a day or 2, I’ll probably add some other toppers. Or I’ll strip everything down and start over. 
30,370 Replies
testing