Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Two new collections up at Zoya today: Cafe Creams and Metallic Dreams

Also, code AG5 for 25 off $75, though I dunno the end date...just saw it on their site, but haven't seen an email or checked IG for any further deets. 

zoya cafe creams.pngzoya metallic.png

They are all very pretty @RGbrown ! But I am done for a long time! 😅

@RGbrown All of these shades look so beautiful

8.1.2022 Essie Beauty Nap.jpg

A little bit of the same design I’ve done before (flowers with dotting tool) but with a twist. Excuse my very dry hands and the slightly crooked half flower on the middle nail. 😣

I saw a photo of this nail art design on thehangedit IG. My nails are not long enough to fit in 3 full flowers, so I went with 2.5, and I used a different color polish.

Essie Mademoiselle - 1 coat all over and then a second coat on half of each nail.

Essie Beauty Nap - a green-leaning light turquoise cream - 1 coat, applied with a nail art brush; I think it’s called a striper or striping brush. Interestingly (and after two very unsuccessful and comical attempts with the brush from the polish), I found this striping brush was easier to use and control for coverage. This is the color used on the other nails as well, 2 coats on those nails.

OPI Alpine Snow - for flower petals - white cream polish. I’m not too fond of it for an all over color but like it for nail art.

Zoya Willa - for center of flowers. It’s a black cream polish that I like for all over color, nail stamping, and nail art.

I love your nail art @itsfi these are so well done! 🤩😍

@itsfi Beautiful and creative design!

@Mellmars1185, thank you. So many great design inspirations out there. 

@itsfi  Aw, this is adorable! Love the color combos. 

@WinglessOne, thank you. White and black are solid faves; I’m more picky about turquoise than I thought 😆 but this Essie Beauty Nap is one I like a lot, 

@itsfi How flippin' adorable is this? Those flowers are so cute on that color combo! I love seeing short nail design inspo in here because my natural nails are/have always been teeny tiny and unless I'm getting them professionally done it's usually quite difficult to find a design that could even work on a short nail. Thank you for sharing ❤️ 

@QueenMarceline, thank you! That’s so nice of you to say! 😃 My nails typically don’t get too much length, even when they grow out. I’ve been experimenting with what works well with them and it’s been fun and helpful to see everyone’s manis here. 💅🏼 Really helps with ideas and inspiration. 

@itsfi 

Ignore a crooked flower? What? Really? Absolutely not, I will do no such thing!

🤣🤣🤣

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, this is totes adorable! Love the simplicity, but how painting half the nail really adds another dimension. Easy, but looks much more complicated than it is. Elevated! I really admire how you do art with every mani 😍

Awww, thank you @RGbrown! 😊 I didn’t know a thing about nail art until I happened upon this thread and saw your beautiful designs. ♥️ Doing my nails 💅🏼 was something to pass the time during the lockdown but it’s turned into a little avenue for some creativity. I still have a stash (a big one more like it 😬) of stamping plates to be used; the plan is to try to do a nail stamping project once per month. 🤞🏼 Gotta start small; and well, just gotta start really! 😆 

I absolutely love, love, love this mani, @itsfi ! 💙💖💙💖  The turquoise is gorgeous and your flowers are perfect! 🌸🌺🌻  

@Titian06, thank you. I'm getting more comfortable with making flower designs with a dotting tool, and am now working on coming up with different arrangments and patterns. 💐

@itsfi  Oh these are so pretty. Your flowers look perfect!

Thank you @ather! I had to redo that particular nail a couple of times so when I saw it last flower being off center, I had lost the patience to try to fix it. Ha!

This is so cute @itsfi !! I love it so much! I need to copy this one some day. 😃😍😍😍 Your flowers look perfect to me, including your hydrangea 💙

Awww, thank you @Saradestin! That's so sweet of you to say! Oh my gosh, this design would be beautiful on your long, elegant hands and nails! 😍😍😍 I say, dooooooo it!! 😊💅

All the hydrangea and dahlias are growing like crazy! 

Decided to do a @WinglessOne style "lemme try some different bases" test session 💚💙

The test subject: Lyn B Overwhelming Sense Of Ickiness

This is a pale blue jelly base that is sheer enough that it may as well be clear, and is loaded with various iridescent flakies that shift green/blue/purple/pink. Fairly certain there's green shimmer here too, as it has a strong green overtone (perhaps iridescent shimmer, as I catch some blue and purple around the edges at some angles), and it's also got a fairly healthy smattering of holo flakies. It's on my thumbs in both of these sets, four coats (!) and still not fully opaque (not that I ever thought I'd get 100% opacity with this, I was just curious how far I could build it). It's got so much depth and and so many interesting shifts that the lack of opacity isn't super noticeable anyways.

Right hand, the bases:

ILNP Homesick: plain on the pinky, this is a grey-leaning dusty forest green loaded with holo and gold flakies. Easy two coater. With one coat of OSOI on the ring finger, it's much brighter, with the green shift really coming out, but the pops of blue and purple are bolder as well. It takes Homesick from a dusty fall shade to a vibrant holiday shade IMHO. 

Morgan Taylor Holy Cow-girl: plain on the index, this is a dusty sage green cream that's heavy on the grey with a hint of gold/green shifting shimmer thrown in...the shimmer is visible, but not super noticeable on the nail. Easy two coater. One coat of OSOI on the middle finger brightens it up, and the contrast of dusty base color with more vibrant shifts on top is neat.

IMG_20220805_181048856.jpg

Right hand, shade

IMG_20220805_181312533.jpg

Right hand, full sun

The bases, left hand:

Londontown Black Thorn: plain on the index, this is a deep blue shimmer. There's a purple shift in the bottle, but I haven't really seen that on my nail. Easy two coater formula-wise, but my bottle has a skinny brush that can eff right off 😖 With one coat of OSOI on my middle finger, it becomes the absolute star of this whole set IMHO, and exceedingly frustrating to photograph. The whole nail has this glorious green aura over the deep blue, and the flakies are soooo vibrant and shifty. 

Zoya Hazel: plain on the pinky, this is a soft metallic foil made up of blue and silver shimmer with a pinch of soft gold flakies thrown in. Easy two coater. One coat of OSOI on my ring finger was surprisingly subtle on this one...I catch a few specks of the green flakies as I shift my hand, but not much else shows up except some holo sparkles in the sun. It's a very pretty combo, but one not many folks are gonna notice.

IMG_20220805_182006164.jpg

Shade

IMG_20220805_181532515_HDR.jpg

Full sun

IMG_20220805_182315363.jpg

Deeper shade to try and capture a little more of the green on my middle finger

@RGbrown these are all so gorgeous! I really love the deep blues and the shades of green 💙💚 I hafta say I love the Londontown Black Thorn most of all 🤩🤩🤩 sorry to hear the brush was a pain!

30,374 Replies
testing