Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@ather 

I love a good mixed up set Thanks so much! 

@RGbrown Wow! All these colors are beautiful, it's hard to even pick a favorite. 

@QueenMarceline 

Thanks so much! Playing favorites can be tough sometimes 😅

The Zoya and ILNP polishes are my fav from your lineup, @RGbrown 🙂

@CookieGirl1 

Mine too, though I'm having a hard time leaving Orly out of the "best of" list for this one, as it's a really nice silver 💖

@RGbrown  Gotta love a fun bright rainbow mani! I still chuckle about ILNP calling BFF's a scattered holo. It's so full of holo glitter, it's pretty much linear. 🤣 BFF's is the shade that made me give linear holos another chance. 💜🌈 

I don't like OPI's squared-off brush either, and I have issues with several of my OPIs (old and newer)—yet I keep buying them here and there, mostly out of habit I guess? I'm actively trying not to buy more of them. I mean, I don't hate all of mine, and the 2 on your nails look quite nice. But bald spots seem to be a frequent issue when I use OPIs. 

@WinglessOne 

Yup, I've decided BFFs is a linear...the holo is so strong that even though the glitter is scattered, I can see a cohesive rainbow across my nail when I move my hand, so I'm sticking it in my linear holo envelope (and my scattered holo envelope is about full anyways, so this way I don't have to mess with reorganizing it quite yet lol).

I keep saying I'll ignore OPI from now on, and for the most part I do; I've about completely stopped picking up random shades from their older sets, but then I grabbed a few from the summer set once they went on clearance, and I'm currently pondering three from the fall set. I'll probably pick them up, be annoyed by the brush and wonder why I got them, and then repeat again at the holidays 🙄😅 It's funny though, the nearly identical brush in CG doesn't stop me from picking up quite a few of theirs...currently waiting on their Halloween set to drop (just getting the purple, what a shock lol) so I can place one big order for all of my fall stuff. CG just seems to have more fun with most of their stuff, making the brush a little more worth the hassle. 

@RGbrown  100% agree: China Glaze's more adventurous take on things somehow makes their square brush doable. Though I'll probably still swap out all my CG brushes (well, the full sizes anyway)... just waiting for KBShimmer to have a good sale so I can also grab a few other items, if their replacement wide brushes don't go OOS. (G&G and KBS seem to have interchangeable wide brushes; eh, they might be slightly different, shape wise. ) 

I'm trying to talk myself out of OPI's fall yellow (ochre) shade. "If you thought bare patches were a problem in other shades, how the heck do you expect a yellow to behave better?" 😂 That's the mantra I repeat each time I see it advertised or swatched anywhere. 

@WinglessOne 

Oy, yeah, the yellow is one I'm looking at (along with the orangey-red and the smoky purple). If (or let's be realistic by starting this sentence with a much more likely "when") I get it, I'll post it fairly quickly with a little feedback 😋

I'd love to see a KBS sale too...I'm now looking forward to trying their topcoat after all the recent chatter, and would also pick up a decent number of brushes while I was at it 🤞

Nice mani, @RGbrown ! 💙🤍💖💚💜  Love BFF and Tangy! 🥰  The holo of BFF is outstanding!

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! I've got plenty of holos that range from "oof, where's the rainbow?" to "wow, outstanding!", and ILNP always seems to fall on the best and brightest end of that spectrum. BFFs is a simple polish, but extremely well done! 🌈

More adventures in texture layering, or how to make linear holos more interesting to myself. Partly inspired by my memories of the Grand Canyon, Colorado River, and sunset over it all. 

Psh, if I wanted perfect shapes & lines, I'd have used stencils. :DPsh, if I wanted perfect shapes & lines, I'd have used stencils. 😄
Details: 
Spoiler
Thumb: Live Love Polish Private Cabana (3 coats), topped with a wedge of Zoya Zooey (2 coats) and a caret of Zoya Juniper (1 coat). Private Cabana is a pink coral linear holo I forgot I had until I swatched all my LLPs. I put the 2 PixieDusts over some of it to add sandy texture and mimic my middle nails. Zooey and Juniper are bare (no top coat); the rest of the nail is Glisten & Glowed. 

Index: LynBDesigns Stay Fresh Cheese Bags (3 coats), topped with a skinny wedge of Zoya Zooey (2 coats). SFCB is one of my favorite thermals: yellow when warm, peachy orange when cold, and always shows a pink shimmer shift in both states. My camera didn’t wanna catch the pink shift this time; it kept picking up Zooey instead. But the pink shift is present in person and makes Zooey look more diffused, almost like an ombré. 

Middle: LynBDesigns Doing A Stealth (2 coats). A thermal full of silver hexes plus blue, silver, and scattered holo glitter in various sizes. It’s blackened blue when cold and sheer strawberry pink when warm, with a pale blue in-between phase. This thermal’s very slow to reach that warm state. I think more pink would’ve appeared if I’d done 3 coats, but I liked the glitter load of 2 so I stopped there. 

Ring: LLP Private Cabana (3 coats), topped with Zoya Zooey (2 coats) and Zoya Juniper (1 coat). Last time I wore Juniper, it stained my nails blurple despite my base coat. It'll be interesting to see if it happens again, now that this deep blue purple/silver-glittered PixieDust sits atop 2 other polishes. 😄 

Pinky: Zoya Zooey (3 coats), left bare. Gold and holo glitter make this sandy pink coral very beautiful in person. 

Stunning @WinglessOne ! So beautiful and fun! I am wearing Zoya Zooey all over this week. I needed a work appropriate mani but with a fun twist and I find this polish so beautiful for that! You combined it so nicely 😍

Thank you @Saradestin ! Zooey's perfect for workplaces that require toned-down cosmetics. 

That was also hard for me @WinglessOne ! You know that I tend to go quite crazy with color and it was difficult to keep my makeup soft 😅

@WinglessOne, you don’t need stencils, your lines and shapes here are perfect. Having these four pics together really shows off the different phases that comes with Doing A Stealth. 

Aw, thanks @itsfi ! I used the polish brushes for 98% of the PixieDust shapes and grabbed a fine tipped brush to refine one nail. Zoya’s mini brush is surprisingly kinda okay at painting shapes, despite the sandy PD texture. 

@WinglessOne  I love the layering and all the colour contrasts!! 

Thank you @ather ! 

Fun designs, @WinglessOne!  All of the colors really work well together.

Thanks @CookieGirl1 !

30,814 Replies
testing