Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown unrelated to your actual mani but do you like the Londontown nail cocealer?  Have you tried their Nail Veil?

@CookieGirl1 

I love both formulas! I reach for the concealer any time I wear something sheer as it does an amazing job of canceling out my staining (which is super dark, nearly orange on some nails), and I like the soft white base it gives me. I'm almost halfway through one bottle, and have a backup on hand! 

For the nail veil, I've got shade 4 and have only worn it once. The formula was fantastic, but the color didn't float my boat at all. It would be fine for me under something shimmery where the color doesn't show through, but the one time I wore it, I used a clear topper and the resulting mannequin hands made me deeply uncomfortable lol. I want to get 7, 8, and 9 at some point though, just waiting to get them for half price (which may be a long while ha!) https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/Show-Me-Your-Nails-2-0/m-p/6591294/highlight/true#M33278

@RGbrown I was looking at the light pink veil (no idea what number it is and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, lol) so that helps to know that you like the formula(s)!  Which seems to be more opaque?

@CookieGirl1 @RGbrown - I have nail vail 1 and even for me it's too light.  The best comparison I have is Cirque Colors ridge filling base coat; they're basically the same color at one coat each.

Londontown has 25% off everything through 03/18/2024

Code:  LUCKY25

@Titian06 thanks for your input!  Every once in awhile GMA Deals runs Londontown for 50% off and I always look at the concealers and veils and consider them but neither ever actually makes it into my cart.

@CookieGirl1 

The candy pink one? It's 7 iirc (maybe 8, but I think that's the red one...either way, it's on my wishlist too lol).

Hmmmm, I'd have to do a side by side to fully compare which is more opaque, but I thiiiiink the concealers have a slight advantage from the shimmer they contain, at least the original one that I have vs the no. 4 nail veil. I can usually get "good enough" coverage over my stains with 2 coats of concealer, but used three coats of the nail veil the one time I used it (but I also don't remember what 2 coats of that one looked like, maybe it has more coverage than I recall...will have to test it at some point!)

Ahh, good to know, @RGbrown.

You are certainly all set for this weekend with that mani @RGbrown! 💚💚💚

@JoSometimes 

Thanks so much! If I can stop myself from procrastinating so badly again, I'm gonna try and change it up tomorrow though 😂🍀

I think both hands look so good and so *fun!* I can almost  see the blue shimmer of Dancing in the Meadow. I think these are a gorgeous green mix, don't be too hard on yourself. 💚 I'd be so proud if I had these on my fingers. 😍

( Didn't you try to re-create this in a polish..I'm having a memory but I'm not sure if it's right 😅)

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! 🍀

And yep, I did up a similar polish to the Pop-arazzi one, trying to dupe Shake Your Shamrock from (dang it, I forgot which brand, whoops) last year. Mine is a little brighter, more neon, and I think my blue shimmer pops a little a better (though not quite as well as SYS did). I was curious to see how close mine was to this one, which is part of why I bought it lol 

I thought I remembered the attempts to make a green with a magnificent blue sparkle @RGbrown oooh yes the tone was much more in the neon family now that you mention it. So special! 

@RGbrown very festive 

@CorgiMommy 

Thanks so much! 🍀

Adore these nails they are so stunning! 🤩 @RGbrown 

I know there are so many wonderful shades to choose from, you did a magnificent job!!! @RGbrown  🫶🍀

@peculiarzmakeup 

Thanks so much! I hard a hard time narrowing down which greens to use, but I think it came out pretty well 🍀💚

image.jpg

The hearts just put a smile on my face. Very pretty (and fun!!) mani @0livia908 

@0livia908  These are beautiful! Love the hearts! ❤️ 

Ahh these are sweet @0livia908 🩷

30,789 Replies
testing