Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Aw! Thank you @missjeanie I heard from a little birdie 🐦 (cough @JoSometimes cough) that you're also on the gel train. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

@jaaayp @JoSometimes I started using gel during the pandemic.  My sister in law was raving about a polish one of her friends sold that lasted her for two weeks at a time... I'm not usually someone who supports MLM's... but dang if this stuff didn't change my polish views.  Gel allllll the way now!  I normally do super simple cream colours, black, navy, grey's... but I just love how well it lasts when I'm tough on my hands. 

@jaaayp @missjeanie 😆😉🙏

Your nails look awesome, @jaaayp ! 🥰

Thank you @Titian06 ❤️🥰

@jaaayp Whoa those are so so cool!

Thank you @Samtian ❤️🥰

I think it's a happy accident @jaaayp because midnight sky is looking fab! 🌠

Thank you @CynthieLu ❤️🥰

@jaaayp I love the vibe!  That turned out awesome.

Thank you @CookieGirl1 ❤️🥰

*swoons 

Your mani is spectacular @jaaayp 🥰 You keep raising your own bar!! 

Aw, thank you @itsfi idk what bar since the bar I had in my head was like 10x better 🤣🤣🤣

We’re our own worst critic @jaaayp. Your mani’s are always amazing! Always! 

I'm melting from compliments 🫠 @itsfi ❤️❤️❤️

@jaaayp I loooove the midnight sky motif. They also give some serious Sailor Moon vibes. (Ironically, I’ve had the Sailor Moon theme stuck in my head on and off all day today.)

@JoSometimes @CattyT3 I should have just sold it as sailormoon 🤣 gosh darn. That would have been a better description!

@jaaayp @CattyT3 The real question is: which sailor scout are you? 😉🌙💖

I have to be loyal to my sign  - my Mars Princess, Rei 😄 

Honestly, both her and Zakuro from Tokyo Mew Mew might be the reason I wanted to grow my hair out long growing up. 

Definitely agree on the Sailor Moon feeling to the look of the nails

I've spent the last 10 years working from home, basically sitting around in my PJs the entire time, going out mostly just for groceries or the occasional other errand. It's been so long since I interacted with anyone other than immediate family that I'm practically feral at this point (ha!), but my WFH gig has become undependable of late, so I went out and got A Proper Job this week that will require contact with The Public 😱 I've been spending most of the week stuck in my head over it, I'm vaguely terrified, but I have hope that I'm just blowing it out of proportion and things will be fine. My first day is tomorrow, eek 😬

To celebrate, I pulled out a homemade polish that's kinda close to the signature color of my new employer 💚

Homemade polish 12: this was actually my first attempt at playing with neon green pigment, the attempt where I discovered it doesn't really dissolve well in suspension base and was full of little powder clumps, so I started playing with the shade. A little white brightened it up way more than I wanted, so I added a little black to tone it back down, and wound up with this lovely fall green. Adding some black holo glitter to it disguised any powder clumps, though the effect is more speckled than sparkly as the base is a bit too creamy to allow the glitter to really shine. The formula was atrocious though 😅 It dries super quickly and was hard to get even without getting lumpy blobs, but also still has some sheer spots at three coats. It came out good enough though, so I can't complain too much, it was a good learning experiment.

Homemade polish 24: I sat down a couple of days ago with the idea of doing up an orange jelly with black flakies, and I tell you hwat, mixing orange from red and yellow is way harder than I thought it would be; I never got close to what I saw in my head, so this was my "time to make something else" activity to stem my frustration, and I love how it came out It's just a clear base with black flakies, lime green flakies, orange flakies, and olive green holo flakies. It's a very fall topper, perfect for this time of year. One coat on my ring, and two coats as a jelly sandwich with Londontown Illuminating Nail Concealer on my index. 

My new job requires short nails too...I sat down with a measuring tape while filing yesterday, and am right at the limit on most of these, so this is as long they'll be from here on out 😢 I'll be doing a good bit of work with my hands too, so I may wind up wanting them even shorter after seeing how it all goes this week? 😯

IMG_20231008_123359418_HDR.jpg

Sun 

IMG_20231008_123423184.jpg

Indirect light 

IMG_20231008_123547074.jpg

Blurry flash lights up a little holo in 12, but not much, it really doesn't show all that well in the opaque base.

30,685 Replies
testing