Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@JoSometimes 

Such a gorgeous take on the inspo! I love the mix of colors, light and dark always makes for fun contrast 🤍💙💖

Thank you @RGbrown! It was really fun to just go to town with all the bottles in front of me. 

Your inspiration pic was a lovely choice @JoSometimes and you made it into your own gorgeous mani, nicely done! 💕

Thank you @CynthieLu! I’m glad I found that photo but now my feed is slowly being overtaken by nail content. 

Your mani is a lovely replication of the inspiration mani, @JoSometimes ! 🥰

Hank you @Titian06! Not exactly the same but I love it nonetheless. 🩷💙🤍

Zoya had some issues processing orders for the 10/$25 deal, so if you participated yesterday, check your email (including spam, their emails go there a lot for some reason) and see if you got a cancellation notice. They've extended the promo until Monday so folks have more time to reorder if needed, and hopefully they've fixed whatever the underlying issue was as well. 

@Titian06 since I know you ordered!

Thanks, @RGbrown !  No cancellation notice for me.

Not a mani but still mani-related. I thought I’d post for anyone interested. 

I accidentally dropped this clean up brush (the infamous $2 elf concealer brush) into a bottle of nail polish remover. I should have decanted a little into a smaller container while doing some mani clean up, but I was feeling lazy and thought nothing would happen. (Oopsie… 🙃)

I didn’t have the patience to fish it out, so I left it in, thinking it would at least get a good cleaning. The next morning, I discovered that the polish remover had eaten through the paint, revealing a wooden handle. I cleaned it up and kept using it anyway as the rest of the brush was perfectly fine. 

During my last mani, I needed an orange stick to help with clean up in a really right spot but didn’t have one. And then I realized, if I strategically shave down the end of the wooden handle, I’d have one and it would be nice and handy for future mani’s. A quick trip to the garage to get my sander and a few seconds later, I had this! It could easily be done with a piece of sand paper, a coarse nail file, or emery board and a little elbow grease. If it ever breaks or dulls, I can always sand it down to refresh the tip. I imagine the bristles will be long gone before I sand off the entire handle. 

IMG_5823.jpeg

@JoSometimes Smart! That sounds like a happy accident! Now you have a double ended nail tool. Thanks so much for sharing this tip ☺️

@Mellmars1185 It was actually very handy for my latest manicure. I liked having it handy for quick clean ups. 

@JoSometimes nice hack!  I love happy mistakes.

Thank you @CookieGirl1! It’s already proven to be pretty hand. 

Smart @JoSometimes ! Where can I place my order 👀🤭

@jaaayp I’ll let you know the next time I drop a brush into a bottle of nail polish remover. 🙃😂

Ooh thats ingenious! @JoSometimes 

Thank you @CynthieLu! I love it when worlds collide and I can take a skill from another hobby and apply it to the beauty world, even if it’s teeny-tiny like sanding the end of a brush into a point to make it functional. 

@JoSometimes 

Nice hack! My brush has a dotting tool on the other end which can come in handy for small cleanup, especially around the cuticle, but having a cuticle stick on that end would be amazing as well!

Thanks @RGbrown! I tend to forget things for mani’s in my boxes and then struggle to get them out while the polish is still wet. At least this way, it’s two-in-one and always handy. 

Good idea, @JoSometimes ! Also, I’m very impressed that the acetone (assuming your remover isn’t acetone-free) didn’t also dissolve the glue in the ferrule. I’ve tried a couple other e.l.f. makeup brushes for polish cleanup and both lost their bristles after a couple shallow dips in acetone. Your concealer brush must be better made than e.l.f.’s eyeshadow brushes. 😂 

@WinglessOne 

Heeeeeey, good to see you here!

I lost several cheap brushes to this before upgrading to one made for nails. I'd have one last a few months, and then my replacement would last two manis, and I got tired of having to make sure I had multiple backups on hand. There's not much more frustrating than trying to clean up a mani and all the bristles falling out instead 😣 My nail brush has been going strong for 2+ years now though 💕

30,816 Replies
testing