Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi 

Ahhhhhhh, this is such an adorable set! Love love love the little snowman, and the sparkly garlands are a fun touch too ❄️❄️

@RGbrown, thank you. I want to try the sparkly garland on my own one of these days but will have to work on such a thin line. Eek.

deep blue and gold is my go-to underrated color combination - love this design!

Thank you @CattyT3! This is such a fun design. I like the simplicity of the French tips and the snowman just adds a festive whimsy to the whole look.

@itsfi  these are so festive and cute!❤️❤️❤️

@happyskincare, thank you. These were fun.

@itsfi  These are so fun! I love the little snowman!! I think you put them on perfectly! It sounds good that they lasted for you and smart to put a base coat down to help protect your nails! I haven’t done press on nails in a long time but it sounds like this time you had a good experience!!

Omg I laughed so hard at your previous experience!! That’s so funny it flew off and almost hit someone!! I can see why you have steered away from using them since!! Could you imagine if it popped off and landed in someone’s drink 🤣 So funny. I’m glad you are able to laugh at it now! 

@ather, I would not have been able to keep from actually laughing if it had landed in someone's drink. Just thinking about it makes me cackle!! No one was hurt so it was definitely something to laugh at. 😂🤣😂 

The video I watched said to buff off the excess glue / tape after removing the nail, but I just used nail polish remover and it was fine.

This is so cute @itsfi !!! Press on has come a loooong way and I'm glad that this time around, no one got hurt 😂 I think feeling heavy is normal because they're just not part of your body but it's fabulous nontheless!

Press on has definitely come a long way @jaaayp! I thought I’d have the most trouble with doing my normal activities with them but it was the weight. They’ll be nice alternatives when I need a cute mani but don’t have the time (or a steady hand) to do my own. 💅🏼 

@itsfi  these are cute! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and tips as well! My nails are mostly grown out to where I want them (a couple of them are shorter because they unfortunately broke 😭), so I think I will start painting them in the new year. I might do another set of press ons in the meantime though, you've inspired me!

@caitbird, that’s awesome that your nails are at your desired length. Any tips you can pass along. Tagging @ather though her nails may have gotten to where she likes them. 

@itsfi @ather  I don't know if I really have any tips to share? I don't really know what I'm doing 😅 The main thing for me was getting out of the habit of biting my nails constantly, and the press ons helped with that. Focusing on looking forward to having longer nails that would look nicer when painted has helped motivate me.too. I have been doing really well with stopping the nail biting even without press ons now, but I am still struggling with my nails sometimes breaking or snagging. Like you, my left hand nails currently look better than my right. I definitely could do better with using cuticle oil more often though.

Here is a before & after comparison of my nails 3 months ago when I stopped biting them vs now:

20231220_142555.jpg

2023-12-2014.21.49370024112180252105.jpg

You can see how short they really were when I started (as well as how awful my cuticles looked). I am pretty happy with how long they are already, though I would be happy to grow them out a bit longer too. I just wish my right hand nails were more even in length, as I have two on that hand that are shorter now due to breakage.

@caitbird You have made amazing progress with growing out your nails. How do you feel??

@Mellmars1185  thank you! 💜 I feel pretty happy with my progress (even tho I had a minor setback yesterday and broke a couple nails trying to break down a box 😭). I am proud that I was able to stop biting my nails again.

@caitbird Congratulations on breaking a habit. I pick my nails off and on when I am stressed. It was so painful and hard to stop at the same time.

@Mellmars1185  thank you! I know what you mean, I hated biting my nails and hated how they looked but it was hard to stop. Stress is definitely a trigger for it. I am glad I finally did though!

@caitbird  Wow!! So inspiring!!’ I need to start letting mine grow!! I don’t know what is going on. But this gives me hope! 

@ather  thank you! 🥰 good luck with growing your nails - I hope you are able to grow them as long as you want!

@caitbird 

Wow, such amazing progress! 🤩🤩🤩 Congrats!!!!

@RGbrown  thank you so much! 😊

30,728 Replies
testing