Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thank you so much @ather! 🤗 It is so pretty!!

Gorgeousness @Saradestin this is really making me want to go back to simple nails 🥰 your shape is gorgeous as always!!!

Aaahh… thank you @jaaayp 😘

Your mani is gorgeous,  @Saradestin ! ❤❤❤  I love the red (which I have) and the gold snowflake accent! ❄🎄

Thank you sweet @Titian06 🥰 This red is gorgeous, but you already know 😉

Simple but beautiful, @Saradestin.

Thank you so much beautiful @CookieGirl1 ! 😘 It is simple but the color is so pretty that makes the nails look luxurious 😁

@Saradestin Someone looks ready for the holidays! I love that red and gold accent is so pretty! ❤️💛❤️

I am ready ready @JoSometimes ! I love this time of the year!!!

Love a good red and that is a gooooood red @Saradestin! It's the perfect base for that gorgeous gold snowflake design! 😍

Thank you so much @itsfi! 😘 It is a gorgeous red indeed!!

That red is Gorgeous and so festive amazing!❤️❤️❤️

Thank you @happyskincare !! 🤗

I’m going to tell you a secret 🤫: when you respond to someone’s message, do it including the member by typing @ and a list of people will come out, being the first one the one you are responding to. And you can add as many people as you want! That way we will know you are writing us! 😊

I have a lot of catching up to do but for now, here we go, my attempt at press-on nails. 

imPRESS Very Merry Nails - the French tips look more black than navy in real lifeimPRESS Very Merry Nails - the French tips look more black than navy in real life
These are from imPRESS, a limited edition design for the holidays. The short size. From the box, it looks like this design is called Very Merry or perhaps the number in the corner 91207 is also a way to identify the set. Found these at Target. My alignment skills could use some work, especially on the ring and index nails 😱 What a sight, so sorry. 

I've steered away from press-on nails for a while as a result of a previous mishap (see below if you're interested in what happened) with them, but have been enabled by several people on BIC, including @sister13  (she always has some fun nails), @Samtian  (her nails for Sephoria were beautiful!), and @caitbird (who has sported some beautifully bold and bright colors, and who shared that she uses press-on nails while she's working on growing out her natural nails).

I'm not sure if press-on will be my first go-to when I want to do my nails, but I'm less skittish about them than before. I feel like press-on nails rank higher for me than nail wraps (which I cannot, for the life of me, apply correctly, lol) but there's a lot of distance between them and just doing my own nails, with or without nail art.

My Thoughts
* Easier to apply than I thought / remembered
* TIP: I applied a base coat over each nail before applying the press-on nail. I read online that this might make it less damaging to the natural nail when removing the press-on. 
* They stayed on the entire time. 😁
* The tips felt heavy; my natural nails don't grow all that long but even when they do, I don't feel any heaviness to them like I do when wearing these press-ons. Maybe I'm just not used to them?! 
* Easy to remove; no damage to my natural nails. After watching a YT video on press-on nail removal, I soaked them in a mixture of warm water, dish soap, and olive oil for about 10 minutes and then popped off the press-on nails. 

The Last Press-On Nail Debacle
Spoiler
It has been at least a decade, if not more (probably more), since I've worn press on nails. And it was just the one time. There was a mishap with a nail popping off and almost smacking someone in the face (whoops!) at a dinner party. I mean, yes, I was horrified (and embarrassed) at the time, but I also thought it was pretty funny! I mean, if it were in a movie or TV show, it would have been hilarious. In real life, maybe not so much. Well, like I said, I thought it was funny, especially so in hindsight. My date didn't think so; it might have had to do with it being his boss' boss who was the one who almost got hit with the flyaway nail. Details.  hahaha! 

@itsfi Your nails look amazing! They are so festive and fun. I would not have guessed that they were press on nails. I thought you got them done professionally by the picture. Your feedback and experience is really helpful. Next time I see a nice set at the store I may pick it up. Ok your previous experience made me laugh. I am sorry that that happened to you. At least it was so long ago that you can look back and laugh now (and put smiles on our faces).

I get a good chuckle from that story now @Mellmars1185. It really was hilarious! I imagine if that happened now, I’d be really apologetic about the whole thing but I would also be wanting to laugh so hard. (And lesson learned, if this did happen again - and I hope it does not 😆 but if it did - I do hope my date would laugh be able to laugh at it too. I would have concerns if he didn’t. 🤨 Likelihood of it happening again are low; I don’t see myself wearing press ons that often; like you, maybe if I see a fun set. 

@itsfi 

Ahhhhhhh, this is such an adorable set! Love love love the little snowman, and the sparkly garlands are a fun touch too ❄️❄️

@RGbrown, thank you. I want to try the sparkly garland on my own one of these days but will have to work on such a thin line. Eek.

deep blue and gold is my go-to underrated color combination - love this design!

Thank you @CattyT3! This is such a fun design. I like the simplicity of the French tips and the snowman just adds a festive whimsy to the whole look.

@itsfi  these are so festive and cute!❤️❤️❤️

30,744 Replies
testing