Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

image.jpg

 any advice?

1000009357.jpg

 You should try jojoba oil, it's scientifically proven to work better than nail oil, you can buy a jar on Amazon for cheap. Just apply it whenever you need. (BTW I'm pretty young so my hands are small)

@TannerAdams 

Howdy and welcome! 

What sort of advice are you looking for? I'll post a couple of links to some other nail care advice around the board, but if you have specific questions not covered in these, feel free to tag me or post again and we'll do our best to help!

Basic nail care 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/Nail-and-Hand-Care/td-p/6516938

Cuticle anatomy 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/Nail-Care/m-p/6643037/highlight/true#M35712

I'm a little behind in using this set, but I've been looking forward to it for a while now and am glad I finally pulled it out last night! Fall sets don't always speak to me, but Morgan Taylor really knocked this one out of the park IMHO. Here's Change of Pace, their fall 2023 collection 🍂

From pinky to thumb on my right hand:

Lost My Terrain Of Thought: dusty pea soup green cream. Relatively easy to work with for such a yellow-leaning shade, I think I got it down in two coats but wound up doing a third just in case (and a couple others needed three coats, so it helped me pass a little time in between those as well). I love these prugly greens 💚

Sappy But Sweet: deep magenta shimmer. Perhaps not all that unique as a color, but exceedingly well formulated, this was an easy one coater and I'd bet it's amazing for stamping (two coats here because I always do two, but it absolutely did not need the second). 💖

Dew Me A Favor: off white shimmer that leans slightly green, I think? It's so pale that it's hard to tell, but I'm fairly certain I see a golden green glow here and there. A bit fussy (not unexpected for a white), this took three careful coats to even out. 🤍

Stay Off The Trail: muted dusty lavender cream, super easy two coater 💜

Golden Hour Glow: warm orangey yellow shimmer, and I swear I see a hint of a greenish glow from it as well. Three coats for opacity, but not fussy about it like Dew was. Absolutely gorgeous 💛🧡

All Good In The Woods (dots on right hand and middle on left hand): blackened brown base with deep brown shimmer. In most lights, it just looks like a smoky, dusty black, but direct sun shows off a little of that shimmer, and while brown and almost blacks aren't necessarily my favorite, I can appreciate this one as part of the set. Easy two coater as well.

IMG_20240111_131243956_HDR.jpg

Right hand, full sun

IMG_20240111_131318146.jpg

Right hand, indirect light

IMG_20240111_131646480_HDR.jpg

Left hand, full sun

IMG_20240111_131858696.jpg

Left hand, indirect light 

@RGbrown I love them! The dots are a perfect touch on top of those gorgeous vibrant colours 🫶

@RGbrown  This is fun! 🥳

I was intrigued by the pea soup green description - it is spot on @RGbrown and looks great. Love the name on it too! Morgan Taylor does it again. 💅🏼 

Wow, gorgeous colors, @RGbrown ! 🥰  I saw these colors separately recently and wondered when they were released.  Trust you to know! 😄

20240110_114945.jpg

20240110_114848.jpg

Wow, @GraceR100, that's a gorgeous mani!

@GraceR100  Wow! These are beautiful! Did you do them yourself! 

Oh wow @GraceR100, the detailing on your nail art is beautiful! 😍

Oh a mani with a theme 😍 these are beauties! @GraceR100 

@GraceR100 

Gorgeous! I love your botanical theme here 🌱

Your mani is gorgeous, @GraceR100 ! 🥰

This didn't come out exactly as I had planned, but I like it better than what I originally had in mind. 💅 Another blue mani, for @cianni's Baby G!  

Blue ombre 1.jpg

blue ombre 2.jpg

blue ombre 3.jpg

Chanel Muse (thumb & middle), soft, sky blue creme, 2 coats

For all other nails, I intended to do an ombre nail with Deborah Lippmann Naked (soft, slightly sheer beige) as the base and then over the base, 2 coats of DL Naked, Chanel Muse, and LynBDesigns Cancer (from the 2022 Zodiac collection), layered onto and applied with a sponge nail art pen tool.

Deborah Lippmann Hard Rock - Nail Strengthening Top and Base Coat for the base and top coats.

That's a unique shade of blue @itsfi, and it works perfectly in this mani!

@CookieGirl1, thank you; all the colors worked out well.

@itsfi  Wow these are beautiful! How do you like the Chanel polish? I love the shade cancer layered that’s so pretty it almost looks like a crelly! 

@ather, thank you! The finish on the LBD Cancer really added a nice finish to the polishes. The Chanel here is from their reformulated line and I like it a lot - the brush is wider and as a result, easier to work with for me. The color is pretty, though not too unique, but it is easy to work it - pastel cremes can be streaky but this wasn't so bad; no bald spots or streaks with the second coat. Compared to Gucci, it's similar in that regard, but I think the Chanel applies a smidge more thinly than the Gucci. 

Awww that's sooooo sweet of you! 🧁 @itsfi 

30,732 Replies
testing