Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Ooh Purple!  I love it @Titian06 

Thanks, @CorgiMommy ! 💜💜💜

Interestingly enough, I thought I was taking meaningful pictures for you guys but I didn't take any tips of the application 😂😂😂

@itsfi @ather @Titian06 @caitbird 

Tip #0: find the right polish! I finally found one that gives velvet effect, it's micro particles vs bigger glitter particles. Here's the difference in effect

Bigger particles: still cateye effect but much more glittery

1000017335.jpg

"Micro" particles: much softer, velvet effect

1000017422.jpg

Tip #1: I found that even layer of the magnetic polish made a huge difference since uneven layers will make the particles react differently

1000017543.jpg

Tip #2: take your time using the magnets, I don't exactly know how it moves but I found that before I was doing SWIPE SWIPE SWIPE quickly and it didn't move all the particles at the same time. now I slowly move the magnets against the side of my nails.

Tip #3: leveling/moving the magnet parallel to your nails. You can definitely use it vertically but I found that that pushes the particles away vs towards the magnet.

1000017544.jpg

Tip #4: second coat! It makes the effect so much more vibrant. The contrast is deeper as well.

1000017545.jpg

Final product in different lighting:

1000017548.jpg

1000017552.jpg

1000017563.jpg

Oooh I'm obsessed with the bottom photos @jaaayp your magnetics look so good girl! 🤩🤩

Hehe thank you @CynthieLu I think magnetic nails are a little like off trend now but I still love them, it makes me feel so fancy when I look at my nails in my dirty sweats LOL 😆 

@jaaayp, great tips. I’ve only used magnetic polish twice; I just kept the magnet in on place the whole time but made a note to try moving it the way you shared. 👍🏼 That dusty blue shade looks great on you. 

Ooh maybe I should try that @itsfi because I remember your mani looking fantastic! I've actually never held it in place because I read you're supposed to activate the particles but idk 🤔 

Thanks, @jaaayp !  What a huge difference once you got the glitter size figured out.  Then the difference with where you hold the magnet, wow!  I have yet to try a magnetized polish.  These tips will come in so handy when I do!  Thanks for sharing! 😘

Ooh, if you end up trying @Titian06  let me know! I feel like I very much prefer the velvet because I'm not much of a glitter girl unless it be the holidays. I just like that each look comes out pretty unique 👌 

@jaaayp Oh my gosh those are insanely cool looking!!

Thank you @Samtian 🥰 

@jaaayp  wow, these are gorgeous! 😍 Thanks so much for the tips - I definitely have to try this myself sometime!

Thank you @caitbird 🥰 I can't wait to see yours if you end up trying! ❤️

@jaaayp OMG, so perfect!  You definitely got the technique down 🤗.

Thank you @CookieGirl1 🥰 

Awesome job @jaaayp !

Thaaank you @makeitup305 🥰

@jaaayp  wow!!! 😮 thank you for sharing!! Those are great tips!! Do you layer and magnet 🧲 each layer or do you only magnet the top layer?

Thank you @ather 🥰 I do both of the layers. I haven't thought of not magnetizing the first layer. That may be a cool idea 🤔 I shall keep that in my back pocket for next time! 

This month’s DIY mani I decided to go with a spring jade green theme (with gold accents of course, as always). Getting better at doing my nails myself! Right now I’m still using soft gel nail tips/extensions with a rubber base builder gel, but I’m hoping that I can eventually transition out of needing to use the extensions to applying the builder gel directly on my natural nails, to not needing builder gel at all and only needing the gel color polish. The goal is healthy, long and strong natural nails. It’s going to be a long process but trying to be patient and have fun along the way. 

right hand: combo of gold glitter polish, gold foil flecks, and gold rhinestones 

IMG_2511.jpeg

left hand: kept this hand more

simple overall with only gold glitter polish + rhinestones on ring finger and 2 tiny rhinestones on middle finger. 

IMG_2507.jpeg

I’m really loving doing my nails with different colors lately! I never thought I would deviate from doing a single color mani and just using nail art to spice up my manis but now I’m wondering if I’ll ever go back to the single color mani again lol

Stealing for my next set!! Gorgeous!!❤️❤️

16 Replies
testing