Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Titian06 I mention this EVERY. TIME. but omg I love your short nails and this color is dreamy and creamy!

I don't mind you mentioning how much you love my short nails, @jaaayp ! 🤣  You are too kind! 😘

Oh a lovely purple! 😍 

Very pretty @Titian06 💜

Thanks, @CynthieLu ! 💜💜💜

This is a perfect blurple shade @Titian06! Another win for Glisten & Glow 💜

Thanks, @itsfi ! 💜💜💜  I didn't think I got this color, so I must have vacillated when stocking my cart. 😄  I'm glad I got it though!

@Titian06 

Ahhhhhh, gorgeous! Love love love this bright and sunny purple! 💜💜 I've tried two of their creams now, and they were a tad thick too, but gave me a wonderfully plump end result, almost gel like. I've been staunchly against paying a premium for indie creams when I get most of my mainstream ones for under $5, but I might have to grab some shades that catch my eye from her again at some point!

@RGbrown - Interesting you mention the plumping.  I hadn't noticed that until I looked at the tips head on.  I know this shade is on the sale page, but it's still more than $5. 😄

@Titian06 

Yeah, it's definitely a wait til a sale situation for me 😂

@Titian06  I LOVE blurple. That one is beautiful on you! Glad you were able to thin it out to make it behave better. The payoff is worth the effort. 

Thanks, @WinglessOne ! 💜💜💜

@Titian06 Beautiful shade. I never used nail polish thinner before. I wonder if they have some at Sally's?

Thanks, @Mellmars1185 ! 💜💜💜  I use KBShimmer thinner; it was recommended by @RGbrown .  I looked on Sally's website and they do carry the OPI thinner that @WinglessOne recommends.

@Titian06 Thanks for your help 🙏

@Mellmars1185  If you shop for thinner, look for OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner. I'm pretty sure Sally's still carries it. There are other thinners on the market, but OPI's is the most reliable for me, plus I don't have to worry about it eating away at glitter/flakes/confetti in certain polishes. Polish thinner is also a great way to make goopy top coats more usable again. 

@WinglessOne Thanks so much

@Mellmars1185 

As an add-on to the advice from @WinglessOne and @Titian06, I'll add what to avoid so you know what to look for: heptane. It's in the Beauty Secrets thinner from Sally as well as Zoya's thinner, maybe others too (I dunno what all you have up there in Canada). Heptane can eat some plastics, and most glitter is plastic, so if you think you might use thinner in any glitter polishes, don't get one with that ingredient. OPI and KBshimmer are definitely great options if you come across them!

@RGbrown Thank you! Note to self - avoid heptane. I really appreciate everyones advice. 🙏

I totally agree with that statement. It’s an amazing, smile-inducing, colour @Titian06!

IMG_3175.jpeg

Nail polish haul! I replaced my missing hot pink (Sally Hansen - Coral Reef) and a new white (SH - White On). I also wanted a rainbow topper to add to my collection, so I also grabbed SH - Confetti Pop.

And then my girls got in on the action with some water-based polishes of their own. And just like the adult collections, this kid-friendly one also comes in SIX colours (sixth one is covered by the confetti polish).

The plan is to do our nails together tomorrow, assuming everyone is a good listener. This will be interesting…

UPDATE: We managed to get their bedroom and part of the living room their playroom room tidied up. They decided to do a full rainbow manicure with all the colours at their disposal. They are so excited to show their friends at daycare on Monday. 

IMG_3195.jpeg

IMG_3196.jpeg

@JoSometimes  Awww look at the cute tiny hands!!! Love the rainbow theme! 

17 Replies
testing