Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

This is beautiful @itsfi I'm loving that Ombre alot 😃 🧡

Thank you @CynthieLu! I love the inspiration, support and encouragement this thread provides. 💕

Thank you for the reviews on each polish. I love all the shiny orange colors you've got - I've been on the hunt for a nice orange that doesn't just look neon or way too coral/ pinky. I did get CND Shellac done for a family wedding in a beautiful almost rust orange (I was told it's a patented color called Fine Vermillion - so I literally cannot get the color anywhere as a regular polish twin) and haven't been able to find something to please my heart enough to try to see if it will be a close second best.

fine vermillion.png
As a chicken sandwich lover, I think I know which one I'm leaning towards trying 😋

@CattyT3 Gorgeous orangey nails with gold tips!! 🍊️🧡

@CattyT3 

CND makes regular polish as well! (It's their Vinylux line) Fine Vermilion appears to have been part of the 2014 fall collection, and doesn't seem to be in their current core lineup, but I see quite a few bottles of it on eBay, if'n you hardcore want that particular shade; looks like it runs around $8-12 from most sellers.

Medium to deep orange shimmers aren't something I have a ton of (maybe I should look at rectifying that lol), but here are a few that might be worth exploring if you'd rather look at other options:

Zoya Amy: perhaps a touch lighter/brighter, but it's orange-orange, not coral

Orly Valley of Fire: Less red than CND, but perhaps close tone-wise

Essie Say It Ain't Soho: a bit darker than Orly VoF, but brings some the red back into the orange for a fiery shade. I still think this probably has less red than the CND polish though, based on the swatches I've looked at

Revlon Uninhibited: more red than the Essie SIAS, perhaps a fairly close shade overall, though perhaps a touch more "burnt" than CND. Another discontinued shade, but widely available on eBay (but if you're ordering from eBay, just get the CND, right? 😂)

@itsfi thanks for the tag! I completely spaced on this being CND (and would have a matching polish) when I read this earlier, so the kick in the pants got my brain moving again 😂

Thank you @RGbrown - now I know the exact thing to search for, I have saved the beauty supply websites I can order the viynlux version of the CND shade from later this summer : )

@CattyT3 

Ah yay, happy to hear it!!! 🧡

Oh my goodness, your mani is spectacular @CattyT3😍 That vermillion orange is stunning and even more so with those pretty gold tips. What a beautiful mani for a family wedding.

I so hear you about orange polishes - love that there's a good variety out there but it seems a challenge at times to find a true orange. The Love That Chicken (Sandwich) polish has a fabulous name! It was a limited release for Polish Pickup, a monthly indie nail polish marketplace. Tagging @RGbrown and @WinglessOne as they may have some swatch sticks of an orange polish that might be of interest to you.

Thanks for the tag, @itsfi

@CattyT3  Aw, I wish I'd seen this sooner. I can look through my rusty oranges for some other potential polishes if you'd like... noting to self to do that later today or tonight. I love your gold-tipped orange mani! 

Thank you for the offer @WinglessOne - but actually you luckily won't need to do any hunting as the previous replies let me know how to find the actual matching nail polish color by CND, and I've found multiple beauty supply sites that sell it now I know what I am searching for.
So I'm definitely sorted foe deeper oranges with the other nice suggestions too for similar colors by other brands.

Thank you all : ) 

Thank you for letting me know CND does regular polish as well @RGbrown and about the chicken sandwich shade also being a limited release one @itsfi 
I'll get sleuthing to try and get my hands on either one or both by the end of summer, and definitely saving all the similar shade suggestions to take a look at as well.
> I'm quite proud of my rust orange + gold combination I went with, the really great nail tech I found a cancellation time slot with right before I was travelling for the wedding was very happy with the result too : )

I’m going through hell with my index and middle finger nails breaking on both hands after a bad choice to get acrylics thinking it would prevent breakage. Needless to say, my LGBTQ friends make jokes about my “LFG manicure” (looking for a gf - they’re so funny 😑). 

I’m a dog trainer so I break my nails a lot and have puncture marks pretty much everywhere. I’m TRYING, that’s what matters. 

anyway, here’s my LFG manicure and my new polish I got on sale on Flip. ☺️ 

I’m wearing Sunday’s no.44 in this pic 

IMG_8131.jpeg

IMG_7813.jpeg

@LoriCrosby Beautiful shade and impressive make-up collection!

@LoriCrosby, I love the polishes in your photo - such pretty shades. How are you liking Sundays nail polishes?

I’m surprisingly very happy with them! I didn’t use a top coat and have no chipping even after a week. I use the NAILS INC. NAILKALE - Superfood Base Coat Base Coat  - So I’m not sure if that’s what’s helping or if the polish is really amazing. I got the polishes on Flip for under $7 (marked down to $10.80 and then I shamelessly invited myself to get an additional 40% off with the referral link, lol). So I’m pretty happy with the performance for that price! 

I just ordered a couple new ones to try and tonight I’m going to check out the custom polishes from Blank because they had a promo code (WELCOME) to get a free bottle and if I love anything, it’s free things. 😇 

@LoriCrosby I’m sorry that happened to you. Hopefully the grow process is coming along well.

I love that green shade! It’s got a nice fresh aura to it. 💚

I love the light green color, @LoriCrosby !  Very flattering! 💚💚💚  I'm sorry to read about your nail issues and the horrible experience with the acrylics removal process.  I have the worst time with my middle and ring fingers (breaking and dryness).  They're much better since using the jojoba oil on a regular basis.  Best wishes for a quick and healthy nail recovery! 😘

Work really can get in the way of having a good manicure 💅 😅 @LoriCrosby 

Good luck with the grow out process.

I love the shot of your nails admist your skincare and make-up collection 🤩

@LoriCrosby 

Ooohhh, that soft green looks gorgeous on you! I knew the typical meaning of that mix of lengths, but had never heard that particular abbreviation for it, definitely got a giggle 🤭 Index and middle are the same problem nails for me too, I think they're the most common ones to break since they're used so often (along with the thumb). 😖

If you aren't using any cuticle oil (jojoba specifically, either plain or in a mix), I highly recommend giving it a shot! It's closest in size to our natural sebum and easily absorbed by the nail, which helps keep them well moisturized and flexible, leading to more bending instead of breaking. It won't save every nail every time, but can make a big difference if you can make it a regular habit!

I have always had ridiculously long and strong nails, the downside being when they broke it was painful and down low. 

I foolishly went to a salon and had no knowledge on acrylics and such. Mind you, it almost turned to physical blows after she was removing the nails with another nail (again, it was foreign to me but my gut said it wasn't supposed to hurt or bleed). 

The damage was so severe that it’s been a year and 4 nails are still peeling/splitting. I’ve bought reparative base coats, cuticle oils and more to try and bring them back to life. 

More than anything it broke my heart because I went my whole life knowing I had my grandmothers hands and this has changed the shape of my nails and that’s what’s upset me the most. 

They’re way better than 6 months ago but it’s been a nightmare for sure. I’m staying diligent! 

So sorry you had to endure pain and then be left with long term damage too. But I am glad to hear the half a year of progress is already showing you results - I hope your inherited nails return to their full glory. Not sure if you'd want to go the route of taking some nail support supplements or even getting a prescription from a dermatologist to make sure your nails heal properly? 

[I have had random nail breaking accidents - and I have insanely strong nails, but tripping badly enough to end up hospital due to a single toe and a separate incident with the other foot where solid wood hit the toe, does that. I thought my nail color and the shape of the whites would be left disfigured and discolored, but they grew back looking much better than before actually - so I have high hopes that your nails will draw on your grandmother's good nail genetics to grow back to their former glory!]

testing