Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

This color and your magnetization are so pretty, @CynthieLu ! 💜💙💖

I feel good about how it turned out this time @Titian06. Thank you 😊 This is a pretty mix in a bottle 🌌

@CynthieLu 

That's a gorgeous color, and your magnetization looks great! Very cosmic looking! 🌌

Thank you so much 💕 I've been much happier with how the magnet is working for me @RGbrown but I did place an order for a true nail magnet which may be easier than the make shift one I was using 😉

@CynthieLu  It’s got some space vibes, which I’m absolutely loving!

I'm drawn too this type of polish, I think i have 2 similar to this one and I just love this style and combo of colors togeather 💜🖤💚 @JoSometimes 

IMG_7968.jpeg

Please don’t mind the steering wheel 😂 the lighting was perfect in the car!! 

@cuterme  Hey, we all grab the best (at the moment) lighting when and where we can! 🙂 That's a very pretty rose polish!

My favorite nail shape : )

@cuterme Beautiful nails and nail polish shade!

Very petty mani! Your nail length is so impressive! It's true, in the car has excellent lighting 😉 all those windows letting the light in 🌞 

I hear ya about the lighting in the car @cuterme! Many of my best nail photos are in the car! Love this shade - it’s gorgeous! 

I’m all for a car pic @cuterme! You get enough daylight without all the glare. And that shade of pink/red looks perfect! 

That color is so flattering on you, @cuterme ! 🥰  Pink and gray is a great combo! 💖💖💖

@cuterme Lol, I do a lot of my nail pics in the car, too!  Gorgeous shade of pink.

@cuterme 

That color looks fantastic on you! And cars always seem to have fantastic light, it's a great place for a pic 😎 Welcome! 

Found some orange polishes in my stash, new and old, that caught my eye.

6.7.2023 Nails.jpg

Thumb: Two coats of Danglefoot Polish Zoltar Says Make Your Wish, an orange reflective glitter polish. The glitter/flakies in this are gold, copper, orange. I've applied two coats of top coat to make it extra glossy. Without the top coat, the polish feels textured.

Index: Essie Make No Concessions, two coats, a fun, glossy and shimmery, rustic pumpkin-y red-based orange.

Middle & Ring fingers: Gradient / ombre nails, done with the sponge tool. Both nails involved 3 different polishes - essie Make No Concessions and Danglefoot Polish Zoltar Says Make a Wish, and Atomic Gak (from PPU August 2020), a bright, glowy, neon orange with gold micro flakies.

Pinky: I tried layering / combining polishes like @WinglessOne  but it started getting glompy quickly. I should have exercised more patience and let the coats dry thoroughly before applying another layer of color. This is one coat of Danglefoot Polish Zoltar Says Make a Wish sandwiched between two layers each top and bottom of Atomic Gak,and topped with one-and-a-half coat of Sweet & Sour Lacquer Love That Chicken (Sandwich) (from PPU May 2021), an orange jelly base with orange, copper, green, gold and white holographic hex glitters scattered throughout.

@itsfi  Beautiful orange mani! 🧡 The ombré is fiery perfection. And I like how your pinky turned out, even if it did get glompy on you. The end result is lovely. 

Waiting for each layer to dry can sometimes be kinda maddening, so I often use that time to clean polish off my nail folds (I do that after each coat rather than wait til end of mani), watch YouTube videos, play games, read news articles, or even tweak my in-progress mani plans. After painting a coat on the last of 10 nails, I start my 10-15 minute wait clock—so the first nail I painted actually ends up with 20 or so minutes of drying time (it takes me about 10 or more minutes to apply one coat of polish on all 10 nails, depending on what effects/patterns/etc. I'm doing to each nail). Oh, and when I layer up a nail with 2 or more polishes, I usually aim for thin layers unless one layer is a magnetic polish; I like to do those in thicker layers for better magnet pulls. Those are a few ways I trick myself into being more patient—or how I magically speed up time, depending on how I wanna look at it. 😂 

Thank you @WinglessOne! Thin layers is definitely the way to go and being patient while waiting for each to dry. Those are great ways to pass the time and help yourself be more patient. I like the idea of cleaning off polish between layers instead of all at once at the end.

@itsfi Beautiful orange nails 🍊. What brand is PPU? I am loving the name sweet and sour lacquer love that chicken sandwich. What a name! 

Thank you @Mellmars1185! The name is fantastic - love it! I've picked up some pretty polishes over the years through PPU, and was introduced to it (and Hella Handmade Creations - HHC - another similar nail polish marketplace set up) by the ever fabulous @RGbrown

PPU opens its store for pre-order at 11AM Eastern on the first Friday of every month, and closes at 11:59 PM Eastern the first Monday of every month. I saw that they ship to Canada. You can add polishes to your wishlist, but I can't remember when that starts. Hoping RGbrown or someone else here can chime in on that one.

HHC ships internationally as well, I believe. Their online store generally opens for pre-orders mid-month (14th or 15th?) at 12:01 AM Eastern and closes on the 21st at 11:59 PM Hawaii Time (I thought it was Eastern but I guess there's even more time to place orders). 

40 Replies
testing