Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I know right?! I love them! ♥️

@shianedee Stunning colourful nails!

Thank you! 😁❤️

I've become enamored with green and green/blue shifting pigments, the kind that kinda reflect off the surface without changing the base (I think they're typically called aurora or interference pigments) and my goblin brain has collected enough for two different skittle sets lately, so it's time to use a few of them! 💚

From pinky to thumb:

Orly Beautifully Bizarre: by far the most subtle, this is a pale pink with just a hint of green that isn't strong enough to show up in my pics, but is delightful when I catch a glimpse. Quite sheer, this was a four coater for opacity, but iirc, it was fairly even, not terribly streaky, so if you want it more sheer, 2-3 coats would probably be fine.

Shleee Polish Lovers' Quarrel: gorgeously rich berry shade with green aurora and silver reflective glitter. This is a new brand for me, and so far so good! Easy formula, three coats for opacity but not difficult.

Bee's Knees Lacquer The Puppy People: deep base somewhere between purple and burgundy with green/blue shifting shimmer. I've picked up 2 or three others from BKL with similar shimmer in different color bases and all of them have been excellent, and this was no exception. Easy three coater for opacity.

Bee's Knees Lacquer Liar: light purple base filled with silver holo flakes and green aurora. Strong holo rainbow with a decently strong green flash. So much fun! Another easy three coater.

Bee's Knees Lacquer House Vengeance: same as Liar, just in a dark burgundy base. It pulls a tad more brown than I typically go for, but the formula is great...easy two coater with this one as the darker base covered my stains more quickly than Liar did.

IMG_20230605_170438941.jpg

Late afternoon shade 

IMG_20230605_170514995.jpg

Super blurry flash to pick up some of the reflective glitter in Shleee and the rainbows in the two BKL holos

Ooooooh!! I looooove the reflective glittters @RGbrown! It’s sparkle amped up!! 😍 Rich berry, silver glitter and an Aurora shift?!!! I mean, that’s just perfection! 💜💚

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! What's not to love about extra sparkly sparkle? 🤩

@RGbrown  Ooo I love these!! 

@ather 

Thanks so much! It's a fun mix! 💚

I can see why @RGbrown they are sooo gorgeous.  I bet in real life they look fantastic! I've never heard of aurora/interference pigments but I want to see more now 🤩

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much!

I'd say there's a decent chance you've maybe got a couple like this without really even realizing it...I know LynB has some (and you've bought a few from her iirc), and lots of indies do too; they aren't always explicit in their description that it's an aurora pigment, but anything with a contrasting shimmer that kinda looks like it's floating on the top would be a similar style polish. I feel like pink/purple or pink/orange/gold pigments are used much more frequently, but blue/green is becoming more common now too 💚💙

Oooh I think your right @RGbrown A few kind of fit this description. The ones in your collection that you choose for this mani are just like shining examples of them. 🤩

Maybe that's another reason I like LynB so much, the colours are just so appealing and fun to look at and wear with all thier depths,shifts and they are full of sparkly bits 😄

This is so fun to look at @RGbrown! I love how dramatic the shift on the puppy people turned out. 

@JoSometimes 

Thanks so much! BKL does some amazing things with shifty polishes 😍😍

@RGbrown Actually I really like the Orly polish!  It's understated but super-pretty.

@CookieGirl1 

The Orly is gorgeous! I wish I could get a decent shot of the shimmer, but it's a nice subtle touch 💚

Gorgeous colors, @RGbrown ! 🥰  I particularly love Lovers' Quarrel and House Vengeance, but they're all lovely. 💖💖💖

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! It's hard to pick a fave here, but Lovers' Quarrel is definitely in the running 💖💖

@RGbrown Love this set of shades. I think it is really neat that Beautifully Bizarre has a green shift. Well worth the 4 coats! Everything looks great together. I like how you pulled it all together based on your loves of shifts! 💙💚💫

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! I wish the flash in the Orly polish was a bit stronger, but it's lovely nonetheless 💚

Two new summer collections available now at What's Up Beauty:  Cadillaquer and China Glaze.

Screenshot_20230605_140118.jpg

Screenshot_20230605_140159.jpg

@Titian06 I love all of the bright colors!  I watched a couple of swatch videos of the China Glaze polishes but haven't seen any reviews yet on the ones from Cadillacquer.

15 Replies
testing