Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Lol, right? But so cute for a name. 😸

Those little cute toe beans aren't too be touched on my kitty. She's not a fan. 😉 But oooh this shade is really pretty! @JoSometimes 

@CynthieLu 

Fabulous mix! I love both shades and they look great together! ❤️🖤

Thank you! @RGbrown The grey turned out darker than I thought it would be from online photos,  but I'm totally ok with it.  It's dark but with very fine colourful glitter. It's nice 😃

Great colors, @CynthieLu !  I have Mess w/the Beans... but haven't worn it yet. 

I super like it. @Titian06

Its a very "My cat got serious quick with the claws" shade of red 😻 lol

Her kitty inspired collection is so fun 😄

New Orly x Adam Lambert collection available now.

Screenshot_20230602_150336.jpg

Screenshot_20230602_150410.jpg

@Titian06 I don't know why but I'm not really feeling the collection 🤔.

@Titian06 Loving all of these shades. I would buy them all. I don't think I own any shades like these ones.

Berry That looks nice, definitely gonna have to consider it. Not sure I've ever noticed Orly doing a "collection" where only one is new before, but they've picked a nice mix, I like the lime/berry/grey color scheme 💚💜🖤

ETA: three are definitely old, and Berry That is definitely new, but I guess Hero Worship and Adam's Apple are new too. Still weird to see them build a six piece collection out of three shades... they've done plenty of three piece sets before, like Kwame Onwauchi and Hannah Lee. 

ETA again lol: just found out that Hero Worship is Lost In The Maize (an old Breathable shade converted to their regular formula) and Adam's Apple is Simply The Zest (another old Breathable shade that's been converted). I'd been eyeing that green, thought it looked similar to Zest (which I have), but assumed they had to be different since they are from different lines. Nope!

So...it's a set with one new shade, three identifiable old shades, and two quietly renamed old shades. Pretty colors, but odd strategy IMO

Interesting, @RGbrown .  I like Adam's Apple and Berry That.

@Titian06 

I'm in no rush to buy it, hoping for a nice sale at some point and to maybe see some swatches first, but I will most likely be adding Berry That to my collection at some point. I'm glad I don't have to buy Adam's Apple as well since I already have Simply The Zest, whew 😆

I like the looks of those @Titian06 🤩

I was sent Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polish in Concrete Jungle through Influenster and I needed to try it to give my impressions. This one was a complete fail. I didn’t like the shade: a washed out mustard color (the photos show it more intense than really is) but it was free and I didn’t have a shade like this so it is welcome. But the issue is the polish itself. It is gummy thick, goes on very uneven, it takes and eternity to dry (after half an hour it was still sticky, so I waited more than an hour between coats) It needed at least three coats for a decent coverage. But the worst of all, were the annoying bubbles that popped up all over after each coat. I have done my nails as always, and this has only happened to me years (maybe even decades) ago and rarely. So I blame the polish. 
But on the other hand, the longevity is outstanding. Being gummy keeps it from chipping and it moves/bends with the nail. I didn’t apply any base coat and I didn’t apply a top coat until now on day 5.

And it has a gorgeous glossy finish so the top coat was not really required.
I ended up adding stamping and top coat because those bubbles were driving me crazy! 

IMG_9092.jpeg

IMG_9094.jpeg

IMG_9097.jpeg

It is not this bright yellow sadly 😅

IMG_9175.jpeg

And the stamping using Maniology M093 and as stamping polish Zoya Foster.

IMG_9213.jpeg

IMG_9212.jpeg

@Saradestin  So pretty! 

@Saradestin the stamping--which is flippin' ADORABLE!--definitely saved it.

@Saradestin Your stamping shade looks amazing with the yellow polish. Sorry about the bubbles 🫧. It definitely doesn't show with the stamps in the photo.

Too bad about those bubbles @Saradestin. But they just disappeared after stamping!

@Saradestin 

Gummy polishes typically need thinner to perform better! You might think "already half dry" would possibly dry faster since it's part way there already, but nope, when they get thick like that, the rest of the solvents get trapped in that gummy mess and can't escape properly, leading to the bubbling you got. I'd bet a little thinner will get it to a more workable state (even if the color isn't your fave)!

Your stamping is gorgeous though, totally saved a less than ideal mani! Love it!!! 🐝

Thank you so much for the tip @RGbrown ! I will add thinner next time I use it, but for the “testing purposes” I wanted to go with the polish as is, because, being just released, should be ready to use, but this particular one was not. 😕

Your stamping turned that polish into something lovely. 💛

Ooh so many bubbles, that's a bad time @Saradestin 

Thank you @CynthieLu !! Yes, it was quite difficult to work with! 

testing