Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Your Cirque sandwich with 786 X'ian is beautiful @WinglessOne.

Thank you @itsfi ! I wish Xi'an appeared more strongly through Navy Jelly (or that I'd used a black jelly instead), but it turned out well. 

@WinglessOne wow, you squeezed a lot of different formulas in there!  I loved hearing your thoughts on each of them.

Thanks @CookieGirl1 ! I originally had maybe 8 polishes for my current mani, then added a few more while thinking about the final results I wanted. This might be the most polishes I've ever used in a single manicure. 😄 

I'm a little impressed, @WinglessOne.  Thassa LOT of polishes at once, lol.

As always very interesting combinations, @WinglessOne ! 😍  I'm glad to hear the good results of 786 since that brand is on my list to try.  I don't know EDK, but that color is gorgeous.  Your middle finger is my favorite on the right hand.  I am absolutely loving the ring finger on your left hand.  

In the bottom mani, the marbling you did is awesome.  Thanks for sharing how you did it.  That's a method even I can do! 😄  Your index fingers with the dot designs are unexpected.  I like this!

Thank you @Titian06 ! Jellies are very easy to marble with, thanks to their thinness. They’re also easy to ombré: no sponge required. There are other ways to get a marble effect without actually water marbling, like the old “paint plastic wrap and smush it onto your nail” method. That one works well with creams. Whichever method you try, I can hardly wait to see your results! 

EDK = Esmaltes da Kelly. In addition to stamping plates, EDK has some good looking polishes. I think I bought mine at Beautometry where they might still be marked down… not to enable of course, you know, I’m just throwing that out there. 😈 

Your nails are so fun to look at @WinglessOne Thank you for sharing these two 😄 ooooh yikes looks like you got a finger injury?

Thanks @CynthieLu ! I usually have fun with my crazy layering and/or non-uniform color schemes. Very rarely do I wear the same single polish on all 10 nails. 😄 

The finger injury is self-inflicted: I chewed up the skin fold and some of the skin below it. Sometimes my anxiety disorder still gets the better of me, though I bite the skin around my fingers much less often than I did when I began posting in this thread. I’m healing that skin as usual: hypochlorous acid* spray as needed, fragrance-free facial oil, and Aquaphor Ointment. It’s not sore anymore and should heal up with a few days if I don’t pick and bite at it again. 

*This is the main ingredient in the Tower 28 spray that does wonders for many people’s skin. Hypochlorous acid is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. I buy SkinSmart’s spray because it’s much less expensive than Tower 28’s, and both sprays contain nearly the same ingredients. 

(That's a hot tip about the spray, love a dupe at a better price. 👌 *I'm looking into Canadian availability right now*)

Ooh ouch. I hope you have a speedy recovery and can avoid the chewing while you heal @WinglessOne 🍀🩷

ED886AFA-1B7C-4B93-AB7E-4534965F6845.jpeg

Spectacular @chelseareubel 

@chelseareubel  These are so fun!!

@chelseareubel Fanatics mani. I really like how each nail has it's own unique look.

@chelseareubel, your mint green, white and gunmetal combination is springtime perfection! 😎 Love the patterns on your nails, very cool! 

Cool designs, @chelseareubel!

Love these 🩵💚 @chelseareubel wow! They are sooo awesome!

Very pretty, @chelseareubel ! 💖💖💖

I saw someone say something to the effect of "I can't make decisions because I've got too many polishes to choose from now" and that kinda hit home for me. I feel like I've been struggling to figure out which polishes make the best possible combo lately; I've got somewhere around 200 untrieds, and trying to narrow that down to 2 or 3 that go well together feels dang near impossible lately. Too many choices! I think today's mix came out well, but it also felt like an eternity of mixing and matching bottles and swatch sticks to find something I'd be happy with. I'm not bored with polish, not at all, but I am kinda getting tired of having to put so much thought into it 😐 Will this stop me from buying all the polish and overwhelming myself with too many choices? That remains to be seen! (Hahahahaha)

Anyway, today I settled on a couple of very different versions of green + blue + purple 💚💙💜

Bee's Knees Lacquer Star Witch: jewel toned purple jelly with green to blue shifting shimmer. I am enchanted with this shimmer she's been using lately, chunky for a shimmer, bold green blue shift, and it looks amazing in this purple base. Three coats and there's still a bit of sheerness, but that's not bugging me, the color is deep enough and rich enough for it to be a non-issue. Easy formula to work with, not streaky or fussy.

Sassy Sauce Giggle Juice: white crelly with green/blue/purple shifting shimmer and green/blue/purple shifting flakies. Three coats got it mostly opaque. Also easy to work with.

Both of these were frustrating to photograph, as the shifts are way more vibrant IRL than my camera could seem to capture.

IMG_20230328_150005005_HDR.jpg

Full sun, glare hides most of the shiftiness 

IMG_20230328_150026170_HDR.jpg

Indirect light, a little of the shimmer shows up better

IMG_20230328_153350428.jpg

Another angle in indirect light captures the blue in the BKL and the purple in the Sassy Sauce 

IMG_20230328_150417736.jpg

Indoors under fluorescent lighting picks up a bit more of the green in both 

You may struggle to find polish combos but you always end up finding the most amazing parings @RGbrown ! Gorgeous!!! 💜💜💜

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! 💜

1 Reply
testing