Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi I might have just added a couple more of those "fun name" polishes recently, too 😂.

Happy first day of spring, everyone! 🌻🌷💖  To celebrate, I did a spring mani.

Pinky & ThumbOrly Artist's Garden.  A lovely spring green.  An easy two coater.

Ring & MiddleOrly Provence at Dusk.  A gorgeous lilac.  An easy two coater.  The second coat really brought out the color.

IndexOrly Bleu Iris (not a typo).  A very pretty cornflower blue.  An easy two coater.  I like this color better than periwinkle. 

As you can see, I tried to do stamping.  @RGbrown gifted to me a few stamping plates she wasn't using.  One has some great flower designs.  For some reason, I couldn't pick up the images using either of my stampers.

Outdoors, direct light.

20230320_155741.jpg

Outdoors, direct light.

20230320_155736.jpg

Indirect light, garage door open. 

20230320_155755.jpg

Indirect light, garage door open.

20230320_155801.jpg

Perfect spring mani @Titian06 ! 😍

Thanks, @Saradestin ! 💜💚💙  Love these colors!

@Titian06  I love this spring mail look! 

Thanks, @ather !  This is one of my favorite manis. 💚💜💙

Ahhh pretty pastels 🩵🩷 these are gorgeous @Titian06 

Thanks, @CynthieLu ! 💚💜💙  They are pretty! 🥰

@Titian06 

Gorgeous colors, fantastic springy shades 😍

Ugh, I'm sorry you're still having a hard time with stamping 🥺

Thanks, @RGbrown !  I'm still not ready to give up.  Maybe I need a different stamper, though I doubt that's the problem.  At this point, I think it's me...

@Titian06 

Have you tried washing your stamper heads? Just a little dish soap and water, then dry on a paper towel. If that didn't help, sometimes setting them on a piece of paper overnight (stamping side down) can help draw out excess oils that might remain from the manufacturing process, and might improve results. If you ever go down a rabbit hole of stamping troubleshooting, you'll probably come across references to "priming" a stamping head...don't. That's old advice for old stampers that were were made of different materials, and it's no good on today's clear silicone stampers (no acetone, no buffing or filing the head!).

Trying some other stampers isn't a terrible idea either. My first stamper was a stiffer material and less sticky than many of the ones I've accumulated since then, and I have to say, it's still my fave...it worked right out of the box and works really well for dang near every plate I've tried. Sadly it has been discontinued, so I can't even point you in the right direction, but if you have something like the Maniology Ice Cube one (super soft and sticky, and personally, I hated it), maybe something firmer will help. The What's Up magnified stamper seems a bit stiffer, and while I've only used it once I think, it was good IIRC. Sadly, most stamper descriptions don't really specify how stiff or sticky it is, so it's a bit of russian roulette when trying new ones 😕

Thanks, @RGbrown !  No, I hadn't thought about washing.  I always run it over a lint pickup roller before using to make sure it's clean.  I did notice a difference in the firmness between the Maniology Ice Cube and What's Up magnified stamper.  I tried both this last time.  I've had better luck with the ice cube.  I did notice something didn't seem quite right with it the last time I used it.  Maybe it just needs a bath.

FYI, I saw at Sally's that Nails Inc has a stamper.  I almost bought it out of curiosity.  Maybe I'll have to go back.

Pretty pastels @Titian06. Are these shades from Orly's Impressions collection? They definitely bring on spring feels! 💙💚💜

Thanks, @itsfi ! 💚💜💙  Yes, they are.  I didn't realize they belonged to the same collection as Parks & Parasols and Danse With Me until after I bought them.  Now I have the entire collection except the yellow.  Obviously I'll have to buy that one next time I place an order! 😁

You really need to pick up that yellow one @Titian06. Keep the family together! 💅🏼 

Perfect colors for Spring, @Titian06.

Thanks, @CookieGirl1 !  I think so too! 🌻🌷🦋

Such fun spring shades @Titian06 !

Thanks, @Kim888 ! 💚💜💙

@Titian06 Beautiful spring mani. I actually forgot today is the first day of spring.

Thanks, @Mellmars1185 !  Yes, I feel like spring snuck up on me too; but that's OK, I'll take it! 😄

2 Replies
testing