Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi  I am sure you’re version of donut glazed nails looks beautiful! 

@itsfi  The Revlon and S&C look very different to me in your photos. The Revlon is much closer to purply plum. Both are lovely. The Night Owl shade is stunning! 

Some brands' jellies are meant to dry matte. My 2 Loud Lacquer jellies are mattes. If it's sheer or semi-sheer and gives nails kind of a "squishy" look, it's a jelly. It can be matte, glossy, shimmery, or full of flakes/confetti/glitter. Freedom does look more opaque than I'd expect from a jelly, but so do a couple of my ILNP jellies (surprisingly). Anyway, I love all 5 of these shades together in one mani. 

Ahh, interesting about some jellies meaning to dry down matte. Good to know; thank you @WinglessOne! NOL is really impressive. Every polish from the brand I try becomes a new favorite. lol. I was suprised by the Deborah Lippman Freedom as well, on many fronts. First, I found the shade at Marshall's for $4 or $5 and then that it's a jelly - I have to go back to see if she's done any other jelly polishes and if I have any more of them.  

@itsfi 

Ahhhhhhhhh, I love everything about this! Every single shade is berry perfection 😍😍😍 I feel weird saying my favorite may very well be a cream here, but I'm really liking the touch of purple in the Revlon 💜 (of course I love the sparkly shades too, that should go without saying, but I love the "swatch comparison" of the three creams, and can't help but look at them over and over lol)

Matte and jelly don't have to be mutually exclusive! Jelly refers to opacity (or lack thereof) whereas matte is the finish. I know I've got some neons that are both sheer and matte, and I feel like I've probably got at least a couple other jellies that also dry matte (or satiny/not very glossy). 

Ohhh, I didn't know that being the distinction - jelly (opacity) and matte (finish). Thank you @RGbrown! Makes sense and now I'm going to be more mindful of the opacity and finish of my jelly polishes. Lol, I hear ya on the creme polishes being among the faves of this mani. That Revlon polish (thank you again for steering in the direction of Revlon) is beautiful. It's a frontrunnrer for a Valentine's mani. 😍

@itsfi - You can buy a matte top coat (a top coat that makes your polish look matte) if you like that type of finish.

@Titian06, thank you. I have a standalone matte top coat. I don't use it often, but should probably pull it out and drop it into a shp my stash bin at some point.

This is a great mani, @itsfi !  Analog Fog, even matte, is gorgeous followed by Mystery.  Plums and purples and a tropical getaway...we should be good to go! 😄😘

Sign me up @Titian06! I'm sitting under 4 layers of blankets at the moment so "tropical" sounds perfect! I'll bring all my plum, purple and berry polishes to the beach. Ha!

@itsfi  Oh such a beautiful berries skittle mani.  I am partial to a gloss finish and the matte’s look beautiful with a glossy top coat.  What a lovely mani for Valentines 💝

@Cissy63, I hear ya. My preference is for a glossy finish. A couple of these berries though have made me rethink my feeling about mattes. I think I'll be using at least one if not a couple of these shades for a Valentine's mani.

@itsfi Beautiful berries skittle nails. I am really drawn to the shade on your index finger.💖

@Mellmars1185, thank you! I love berry shades. That Revlon polish is such a pretty color. It's in the running to use again for a Valentine's Day mani.

Wow! This is so beautiful @itsfi! I really like the matte finish. I don’t use a matte top coat often but I love it (note to self) Gorgeous Berries Edition Skittles! ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you @Saradestin! I typically like the look of matte polishes on other people than on my own nails, but these three berry shades are making me think that I might be able to wear matte finishes. These three and a Zoya velvet matte polish I was gifted are my favorite mattes. This mani (and our conversation) is making me think I need to look for my matte top coat and give the matte mani another shot. 🤔

Do it @itsfi ! Your matte nails look gorgeous! 😍

Thank you @Saradestin! You’re always so kind and uplifting! 🥰 The idea of a matte Valentines mani is percolating in my head …

And now in mine as well @itsfi  😁

Yes!!! 😊 I’m super excited to see your beautiful mani @Saradestin! 💅🏼 

Here's my teal skittle:

Thumb & RingBlack Dalia Lacquer Teal Hydrangea.  Easy two coater.  Nice mid-tone teal.

Index & MiddleGlisten & Glow Sailing & Sightseeing.  Easy two coater.  A little bluer and a little lighter than I was expecting.

PinkyGlisten & Glow Cruising Waves.  Not as easy two coater due to the brush bristles being splayed.  Lovely dark teal.  

Outdoors, extremely overcast. 

20230130_160416.jpg

Outdoors, extremely overcast. 

20230130_160405.jpg

In the garage, door open.

20230130_160511.jpg

In the garage, door open.

20230130_160516.jpg

@Titian06  This mail look isn’t giving me the blues! I love it. So fun!! 

1 Reply
testing