Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown  I love both of these look!! The hellfire is so fun. I like it with the bronze set best but the red brings out the red speckles! 

@ather 

Thanks so much! ๐Ÿ’–

Your white crellies look great, @RGbrown! Mine always come out looking so pasty and goopy, even with a top coat, but both of the white crellies here are beautiful. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I am loving that Jinsoon topper big time! It adds just the right bit of jazz to every shade it tops. ๐Ÿ˜ I like the color of S&C Seek Me Out but the addition of Polka Black really changes the look of it in a fabulous way. I love how it jazzed up MT Bronzed. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

@itsfi 

Oy, I hate it when a polish is pasty and goopy...I know white in particular is prone to it, which is why I talked myself out of all these white crellies for a long time, but I've been pretty fortunate that most (all?) of them have been surprisingly smooth and easy! 

I'm really liking the simplicity of Polka Black...sometimes it's more than enough to add a little something without going overboard. It came in white at one point too, though it's not on their site anymore. I'm realizing I don't have a plain white topper, so I might have to poke around for one some day...the wish list grows ๐Ÿ˜‚

@RGbrown Beautiful mani and shades. I learned something new today. I did not know the whote polishes are called Crellies. 

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! Crellies can be any color, but I've really been drawn to the white ones lately. Kinda surprising because I'm not usually a fan of white polish, but I'm loving all the fun variations of sparkles in them ๐Ÿคโœจ

@RGbrown  Oh I love your beautiful maniโ€™s.  The Smith and Cult is a gorgeous deep pink. ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Cissy63 

Thanks so much! I am loving this pink ๐Ÿ’–

These are beautiful Manis on both your hands @RGbrown and the red and gold even compliment each other even on different hands โค๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’›

Crellies remind me of speckled eggs but in a cute way ๐Ÿ™‚ is it shades with those flecks? 

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! 

Crelly really refers to opacity; on one end of the spectrum, you've got creams (fully opaque) and at the other end there are jellies (extremely sheer, generally won't get opaque at all)...anything in between would be a "crelly", short for cream + jelly. For the two I've used here, the white base for the Painted Polish is so opaque it might as well be a true cream, while the Luna one is quite sheer, definitely closer to the jelly end of the spectrum. 

Many many crellies are loaded with shimmer or glitter or flakies or some other additions, though plain ones are out there too. I'd argue that the three plain jellies that Orly released in the Kelli Marissa Halloween set are actually more like crellies because they've got a milky quality to them, and they will build up to nearly full opacity pretty quickly. 

If you like bird egg or stoneware type looks, Cirque has several speckled polishes in different colors that are super cute!

Ooooh thank you for explaining that @RGbrown I appreciate it ๐Ÿ’– ๐Ÿ™

I am drawn to the speckles in your polishes, I think they look fabulous!

These are both stunning @RGbrown! I really like both white crellies, and the way you combined them resulted in perfection. In love! ๐Ÿ˜

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! ๐Ÿคโœจ

I like both whites; I especially like the combination on your left hand, @RGbrown .  The S&C with the Jinsoon is gorgeous and works great with the flakies in the white. ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! The left is my fave too, love the deep pink and the Luna polish is so pretty to look at ๐Ÿ˜

Back to stamping! I have learned a lot through this messy mani. It was so complicated to make every layer match the way it should to get the right effect! And once I finished I realized that I should have applied the shades in a different way to intensify the 3D effect. But looking from afar, it looks pretty enough and it perfectly matched my brown dress last night.

I used all Zoya cream polishes:

Taylor:  described as full-coverage, light toffee cream.

Kinsley: described as a mid toned caramel cream.

Foster: described as a decadent hot chocolate cream with pink undertones.

I used Kads stamping plate in Geometry 014.

Flash photoFlash photoFlash photoFlash photoDirect sunDirect sunDirect sunDirect sun

@Saradestin  These stamping look so fun! 

Thank you so much @ather ! I struggled to understand where to place each section and to make them fit but the result was pretty cool!

@Saradestin  You did a great job!

@Saradestin This 3D stamping mani is so impressive and detailed. I reaply think your selection of shades work really well together.

Thank you so much @Mellmars1185 !! I will be trying this plate with colorful polishes some day, but before I have to go through so many new ones ๐Ÿ˜…

2 Replies
testing