Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

These are beautiful Manis on both your hands @RGbrown and the red and gold even compliment each other even on different hands โค๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’›

Crellies remind me of speckled eggs but in a cute way ๐Ÿ™‚ is it shades with those flecks? 

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! 

Crelly really refers to opacity; on one end of the spectrum, you've got creams (fully opaque) and at the other end there are jellies (extremely sheer, generally won't get opaque at all)...anything in between would be a "crelly", short for cream + jelly. For the two I've used here, the white base for the Painted Polish is so opaque it might as well be a true cream, while the Luna one is quite sheer, definitely closer to the jelly end of the spectrum. 

Many many crellies are loaded with shimmer or glitter or flakies or some other additions, though plain ones are out there too. I'd argue that the three plain jellies that Orly released in the Kelli Marissa Halloween set are actually more like crellies because they've got a milky quality to them, and they will build up to nearly full opacity pretty quickly. 

If you like bird egg or stoneware type looks, Cirque has several speckled polishes in different colors that are super cute!

Ooooh thank you for explaining that @RGbrown I appreciate it ๐Ÿ’– ๐Ÿ™

I am drawn to the speckles in your polishes, I think they look fabulous!

These are both stunning @RGbrown! I really like both white crellies, and the way you combined them resulted in perfection. In love! ๐Ÿ˜

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! ๐Ÿคโœจ

I like both whites; I especially like the combination on your left hand, @RGbrown .  The S&C with the Jinsoon is gorgeous and works great with the flakies in the white. ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! The left is my fave too, love the deep pink and the Luna polish is so pretty to look at ๐Ÿ˜

Back to stamping! I have learned a lot through this messy mani. It was so complicated to make every layer match the way it should to get the right effect! And once I finished I realized that I should have applied the shades in a different way to intensify the 3D effect. But looking from afar, it looks pretty enough and it perfectly matched my brown dress last night.

I used all Zoya cream polishes:

Taylor:  described as full-coverage, light toffee cream.

Kinsley: described as a mid toned caramel cream.

Foster: described as a decadent hot chocolate cream with pink undertones.

I used Kads stamping plate in Geometry 014.

Flash photoFlash photoFlash photoFlash photoDirect sunDirect sunDirect sunDirect sun

@Saradestin  These stamping look so fun! 

Thank you so much @ather ! I struggled to understand where to place each section and to make them fit but the result was pretty cool!

@Saradestin  You did a great job!

@Saradestin This 3D stamping mani is so impressive and detailed. I reaply think your selection of shades work really well together.

Thank you so much @Mellmars1185 !! I will be trying this plate with colorful polishes some day, but before I have to go through so many new ones ๐Ÿ˜…

@Saradestin  Wow!  What a wonderful look ๐Ÿคฉ

Thank you sweet @Cissy63 ! I enjoy stamping so much! 

You've gotten so good at stamping @Saradestin , but even your first attempt looked awesome as I recall โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜‹โ€Œ

This must have been so complicated but look how it turned out! Beautiful! It has so much depth ๐Ÿคฉ

Thank you so much @CynthieLu! I am really enjoying this new hobby of mine! I would be stamping every single day. I donโ€™t do it because I love the results and itโ€™s a pity to remove, but I wouldnโ€™t mind stamping over and over ๐Ÿ˜

Absolutely awesome, @Saradestin ! ๐Ÿคฉ  I love the colors you used.  I am in awe of your stamping skill! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Thank you so much, sweet @Titian06 ! If you zoom in, you can see that it is far from perfect but overall it looks pretty cool. I also like the brown toned look, quite far from most of my manis, that tend to go for brighter colors. I am already thinking on my next mani, also using stamping plates (I just have too many to go through! ๐Ÿ˜…)

Oh my goodness @Saradestin! This is jaw dropping gaw - juhs!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Brava to you!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Your talent knows no bounds!! โ™ฅ๏ธ The print on your right index & left ring remind me of the Goyard chevron print! ๐Ÿ˜Ž Love it all! 

Thank you so much @itsfi ! It was so challenging and I had to discard so many pickups! There are several not looking good but I gave up ๐Ÿ˜„ But overall and in the distance, it looks very cool! 

1 Reply
testing