Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@heartsmyface  Oh, ouch! Glad your finger is ok! Nobody would ever guess with this gorgeous mani! Love it! ❤️

Yikes! Knife stories are so eeeek 😬 thank goodness nothing serious happened @heartsmyface but wow, look what got to happen because of it. Those are fab and so cute 😻 love them!

@heartsmyface 

Ahhhhhhh, this is fun and fabulous! Love the design, the touch of sparkle, everything!

And yikes on the cut; I'm so glad it wasn't worse! It reminds me of something I did many years ago (probably 20 years now, geez), I fumbled a razor in the shower and in trying to catch it, I somehow shaved off a perfectly round hole right smack in the middle of my pinky nail. I didn't break the skin underneath, so thankfully no blood, but when it grew out, I had the perfect place to hang a charm if that had been my aesthetic 😂 I also learned to stop trying to catch the razor, and just get out of the way 🤣

@RGbrown  Oh gosh, there are much easier ways to be little fashionistas!! 😅. a nail ring sounds so pretty!!!  If only…. Omg, I have thick nails now!!! The world is my oyster!   ha, little hoop stars… what did you use?  Did it get caught on things?  

oh yeah!!!  Knives forks razors… I hop out of the way and don’t even try.  The world is constantly trying to maim me without me giving it help!  😅 

@heartsmyface 

Ha, I didn't leave anything in it, but I'm pretty sure I stuck a stud earring through it at one point just to see how it would look 😂 I wasn't into doing my nails back then, so I just thought it was a silly novelty at the time, not a fashion statement I could work with lol.

And ooohhh, yes, with acrylics, you can play with all the charms you want!! 😍

@RGbrown  I think it could be really cute if they were decorated with tiny jump rings.  Itty bitty Huggies for nails. 

@heartsmyface 

That would be adorable! 

Well I’m sorry you injured yourself but there are absolutely adorable and perfect for the holiday @heartsmyface !!! 

@Tamara76  Aw thanks!   They look so glam to me cause they’re new but I bet subtle to anyone else:). It is perfect timing for heart trinkets and accessories!!  

Oh no! It hurt even to read about your cut @heartsmyface ! I am glad it didn’t go deeper! Your nails look gorgeous and those hearts are adorable 😍

@Saradestin  Thanks.  I got sooo lucky!   I’m not the best at keeping my hands in tact but this time I feel I only benefited from the situation:) 

@heartsmyface - I'm sorry about your cut nail. 🤕  I love your French mani! 🥰  It's so pretty!

@Titian06 @Thank you!  It feels fine.  It never even hurt and i’ve made sure it’ll be protected. 

@heartsmyface, ouch, ouch, ouch!! I grimaced when reading about your cut!! 😣 But this mani, hearts!!! 😍😍😍 Suuuuuper cute! 🖤 I love the the take on the classic French and the accent nail is adorbs! 

@itsfi @Oh I love a classic French manicure for summer!!!  I’m loving all the pastel ones I’m seeing too and am glad they’re making a comeback! The dots were her idea to make the mail look more complete. 

I feel like the dots add a lovely Parisian chic feel to the look @heartsmyface, and I agree, I think they, especially being so mini, pull it altogether. 😍

I’ve only worn a classic French a few times - I’m surprised by that myself. My nails aren’t usually long enough for them to look so nice but since being on this thread, I’ve done more twists on them. I love the look of yours - with the solid black and then a thin sparkly silver. And of course that accent nail. So pretty. 

That looks so cute, @heartsmyface but I'm sorry about your massive cut 😮.

@CookieGirl1  thanks the knife just sliced through my nail like it was nothing.  at least it wasn’t wounded or painful.  Just super exposed.  the acrylics will help with what I was afraid of- bumping the raw surface or snagging it on something.  Plus they’re pretty.  Ha, if i can get used to the length.  

My second and last Lunar New Year mani; doubles as a 49ers mani as well. 

1.24.2023 LNY 2023.jpg

• Base Coat - Deborah Lippmann All About That Base CC Base Coat
  • Base Color (for all but ring) - OPI An Affair in Red Square is a beautiful red with a metallic / foil finish. It's an oldie-but-goodie and I'm very happy it found its way into my current "shop-my-stash" bin. 3 thin coats. 
  • Base Color (ring finger) & Accent Color (middle & index) - OPI x Hello Kitty Glitter All The Way, clear base with yellow gold glitters. 4 coats for ringer fingernail - actually 3 full coats and the 4th was dabbing polish on to fill in bald spots. In hindsight, it would have been better to go with a non-glitter polish for the flourishes on the middle and indext fingernails.
  • Top Coat - Glisten & Glow Top Coat

@itsfi  So beautiful and classy! I love the combination of gold and red! 😍❤️

Thank you @Shosh85! I’m thinking these flourishes will come in handy when I want to add a little oomph to my mani but don’t have the time, patience or inclination to do too much. 😆 

testing