Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown  Oh gosh, there are much easier ways to be little fashionistas!! ๐Ÿ˜…. a nail ring sounds so pretty!!!  If onlyโ€ฆ. Omg, I have thick nails now!!! The world is my oyster!   ha, little hoop starsโ€ฆ what did you use?  Did it get caught on things?  

oh yeah!!!  Knives forks razorsโ€ฆ I hop out of the way and donโ€™t even try.  The world is constantly trying to maim me without me giving it help!  ๐Ÿ˜… 

@heartsmyface 

Ha, I didn't leave anything in it, but I'm pretty sure I stuck a stud earring through it at one point just to see how it would look ๐Ÿ˜‚ I wasn't into doing my nails back then, so I just thought it was a silly novelty at the time, not a fashion statement I could work with lol.

And ooohhh, yes, with acrylics, you can play with all the charms you want!! ๐Ÿ˜

@RGbrown  I think it could be really cute if they were decorated with tiny jump rings.  Itty bitty Huggies for nails. 

@heartsmyface 

That would be adorable! 

Well Iโ€™m sorry you injured yourself but there are absolutely adorable and perfect for the holiday @heartsmyface !!! 

@Tamara76  Aw thanks!   They look so glam to me cause theyโ€™re new but I bet subtle to anyone else:). It is perfect timing for heart trinkets and accessories!!  

Oh no! It hurt even to read about your cut @heartsmyface ! I am glad it didnโ€™t go deeper! Your nails look gorgeous and those hearts are adorable ๐Ÿ˜

@Saradestin  Thanks.  I got sooo lucky!   Iโ€™m not the best at keeping my hands in tact but this time I feel I only benefited from the situation:) 

@heartsmyface - I'm sorry about your cut nail. ๐Ÿค•  I love your French mani! ๐Ÿฅฐ  It's so pretty!

@Titian06 @Thank you!  It feels fine.  It never even hurt and iโ€™ve made sure itโ€™ll be protected. 

@heartsmyface, ouch, ouch, ouch!! I grimaced when reading about your cut!! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ But this mani, hearts!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Suuuuuper cute! ๐Ÿ–ค I love the the take on the classic French and the accent nail is adorbs! 

@itsfi @Oh I love a classic French manicure for summer!!!  Iโ€™m loving all the pastel ones Iโ€™m seeing too and am glad theyโ€™re making a comeback! The dots were her idea to make the mail look more complete. 

I feel like the dots add a lovely Parisian chic feel to the look @heartsmyface, and I agree, I think they, especially being so mini, pull it altogether. ๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™ve only worn a classic French a few times - Iโ€™m surprised by that myself. My nails arenโ€™t usually long enough for them to look so nice but since being on this thread, Iโ€™ve done more twists on them. I love the look of yours - with the solid black and then a thin sparkly silver. And of course that accent nail. So pretty. 

That looks so cute, @heartsmyface but I'm sorry about your massive cut ๐Ÿ˜ฎ.

@CookieGirl1  thanks the knife just sliced through my nail like it was nothing.  at least it wasnโ€™t wounded or painful.  Just super exposed.  the acrylics will help with what I was afraid of- bumping the raw surface or snagging it on something.  Plus theyโ€™re pretty.  Ha, if i can get used to the length.  

My second and last Lunar New Year mani; doubles as a 49ers mani as well. 

1.24.2023 LNY 2023.jpg

• Base Coat - Deborah Lippmann All About That Base CC Base Coat
  • Base Color (for all but ring) - OPI An Affair in Red Square is a beautiful red with a metallic / foil finish. It's an oldie-but-goodie and I'm very happy it found its way into my current "shop-my-stash" bin. 3 thin coats. 
  • Base Color (ring finger) & Accent Color (middle & index) - OPI x Hello Kitty Glitter All The Way, clear base with yellow gold glitters. 4 coats for ringer fingernail - actually 3 full coats and the 4th was dabbing polish on to fill in bald spots. In hindsight, it would have been better to go with a non-glitter polish for the flourishes on the middle and indext fingernails.
  • Top Coat - Glisten & Glow Top Coat

@itsfi  So beautiful and classy! I love the combination of gold and red! ๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธ

Thank you @Shosh85! Iโ€™m thinking these flourishes will come in handy when I want to add a little oomph to my mani but donโ€™t have the time, patience or inclination to do too much. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi 

This is gorgeous, red and gold is such a classic combo ๐Ÿ˜ I think the glitter flourishes look fab!

Thank you @RGbrown! I confess that I wanted to swap out the gold for a silver polish (just my preference) but figured that would not be in keeping with decades of history and tradition with the Lunar New Year and the 49ers. So red and gold it was. lol. I think flourishes will be something I keep in my playbook - interested in seeing how using different nail tool brushes change the look.

Gorgeous mani @itsfi ! That red is so beautiful and I love how sparkly the gold is. So festive! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

1 Reply
testing