Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I ended up doing 2 mani's for the Lunar New Year. This was the first, for an early LNY dinner with the family on Friday. I'll just say now that it's perfectly okay to laugh or chuckle at my attempt at a rabbit. 😂 I had a good laugh myself - my bunny looks a little alien-ish. I was aiming for a smaller face for the bunnies but I couldn't get it round enough and kept trying to correct that until this happened. lol. At least I was consistent with all the bunnies??? Hahaha! 
1.20.2023 LNY Nails.jpg

1.20.2023 LNY Nails Close Up.jpg
Base Coat  - Nails Inc. NailKale Base Coat 
Base Color  - Morgan Taylor Total Request Red, an orangey-red with gold shimmer
Nail Art  - Nails Inc. Free Time Is Me Time, white creme and Sephora Collection Black Lace, black creme
Top Coat  - Glisten & Glow Top Coat

@itsfi  Aw, I like your bunnies! Very adorable. 

@WinglessOne, thank you. 😃 I’m looking at this as practice for an Easter bunny mani. 🐰 

@itsfi Your bunnies are PERFECT!!!  I love em 😊

Thank you @missjeanie! Gonna try to work on them again another time. 🐰 

I L-U-V your bunnies, @itsfi ! 🐇🐇🐇  Your mani is too cute! 🥰  I have to get that MT red--it's gorgeous.

Thank you @Titian06! The bunnies are. Work in progress. 😆 This MT red is beautiful. This was part of a mini set but I’m thinking I’ll pick up a full size when it goes on sale. 

@itsfi  Oh, the bunnies are so adorable! I don't think they look alien-ish at all! Love it! 🐰❤️

Aww, thank you @Shosh85. You’re too kind. I showed the little and here’s how that went down - 

Little - “what’s that?”

Me - “bunnies. For LNY dinner.”

Little - “I like pandas.” 🐼 

😅😅😅 Guess we know what I need to work on next. Lol.

@itsfi Hilarious!!! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

@itsfi  Haha! Oh my gosh, that is too cute! Of course she likes Pandas - duh! 😂

Pandas would be a fun one to try and probably just as cute as your bunnies!🐼

@Shosh85, I have a panda stamping plate and will be relying on that for a while. 🐼 A reminder I need to use my stamp plates (and get back on board with how to stamp). 

@itsfi  Fun! I just got a Panda stamping plate too! 😃

@Shosh85 - A panda plate?  I bet it's really cute!  Post picks when you use it! 🙂

@Titian06  I definitely will! I love pandas! 🐼

Woohoo @Shosh85!! Excited to see your panda mani. 🐼 I’m having a heck of a time picking up the stamp and will need to practice more. 

@itsfi - Welcome to the club! 🤣 

@Titian06 @itsfi  This is the plate I got:

Spoiler
EE0CFBB9-5760-487C-BFFE-B051D3653B01.jpeg

Still trying to figure out which ones to use!

Stamping isn't always successful for me either. I really have to be in the right mood/frame of mind to stamp. Sometimes though, and I'm sure you thought of this, it could just be the plate or the polish giving you issues. I know I've heard of some images on plates just not being etched in well enough and will not pick up no matter what you do. What brand of stamping plate do you have Fi?

@Shosh85, I have that panda stamping plate too! 🐼 We're twinning. 😊 I have stamping plates from a few different brands - most are from MoYou London or Maniology. I also have some from Kads, Nicole Diary and What's Up Nails, and a few plates that I'm not sure which brand it's from. 

@Titian06, it’s been years since I’ve done any stamping. I think I may have had beginners luck back then because I tried it again a few weeks ago and I couldn’t pick up the pattern on my stamper. Gonna have to retrain my brain on how to do it. And I will have to shop my stash for plates - a couple of years ago I purchased a bunch of stamping plates during a BF sale and I’m pretty sure I haven’t used up all those plates. Or even taken the backing off of some of them 😬 

OMG! Your bunnies are way too cute!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰 You did an amazing job! Such lovely mani! ❤️

3 Replies
testing