Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I should create a calendar with your sales input to organize my yearly budget @RGbrown 😁

@Saradestin 

A polish sale calendar is equal parts brilliant and terrifying 😂

DF104DBD-356D-436A-A9DC-57E453B5ADB6.jpegObsessed with my nails. It’s been awhile. Just told my guy “butterflies” and he made it happen lol

Holy moly those are incredible! @BeautyIsPassion 

@BeautyIsPassion, those are beautiful! Your nail guy is super talented and creative. 

@BeautyIsPassion  Holy cow, that's gorgeous! Your guy did an amazing job - I'd never want to take it off! 🦋

WOOOOW!!! Your guy is such an artist @BeautyIsPassion ! What a masterpiece! 😵😵😵❤️❤️❤️

OMGosh, this is gorgeous, @BeautyIsPassion ! 🤩🦋💖

@BeautyIsPassion 

Wow, those are amazing 🤩 Your guy is incredibly talented! 

Those look STUNNING, @BeautyIsPassion.  I'd have a hard time not staring at them all day 😂.

lol thank you! 

@RGbrown - Have you seen these Morgan Taylor "BareLuxury" items at Sally's?  Knowing your love for the brand, I thought I would bring it to your attention just in case.  I only access the site every couple of weeks and haven't noticed these products before. 🙈

It's a four step hand and foot system.

Screenshot_20230119_160128.jpg

Screenshot_20230119_160220.jpg

Screenshot_20230119_160257.jpg

@Titian06 

I have seen those before! Never tried one, though it reminds me I have some little pods from Zoya for their similar line that I should pull out and use at some point. I have one of those foot spa thingies for a nice soak, but never think to pull it out (it's a bulky beast and lives under my bed lol). It's about time to change my pedi polish anyways, maybe I'll do the full spa experience soon! 

That’s so cool @Titian06 I am curious 🤔

beautiful nails, thanks for sharing your experience.

Nail question here: Has anyone tried the press on nails from Betty Cora? Long story short, I have been on a no-acrylics journey for several months now but don't like the upkeep of having to paint my nails every two weeks. I decided that press on nails might be the smart medium but I have never used them before and don't know what to expect in terms of them damaging (or not) my real nails. I purchased about 15 sets of nails this week and will try them on when they arrive next month. Any input on press ons and/or Betty Cora is greatly appreciated 🙂

I can’t help you @gonerogue because I have both used that brand or any other press on mail but I can see that you have already received very detailed feedback! 

Hello @gonerogue and @Titian06 ! So, I have never used the Betty Cora, but I have used the Impress press-ons (from Walgreens or Ulta) and I love those! The Impress ones (I'll post a pic from my phone later) have an adhesive already attached to each nail, so you just remove the plastic tab and apply. I have found these do not damage my nails. They usually (some exceptions) stay on about 5-7 days before a couple will usually start to peel off and you can re-apply to those nails. Some will last 2 weeks or more. There is an alcohol swab included, and I'll usually just use the little file to rough my nails up VERY gently before using the alcohol swab and that seems to help them stick nicely. 

What I like about them is: 

• Short length (I think they have longer ones too, but I like the short ones)
  • No damage to my nails.
  • They don't POP off randomly, just start to raise up at the nail bed, so you generally aren't going to be embarassed by them popping off
  • If one does come off (usually with warning that it was getting loose) you can very quickly add a new one - I do often keep the remaining nails in my purse, just in case.
  • The shapes fit well for me and I can usually get about two weeks out of one package, having to re-appy some and others staying firmly attached that long.
  • When you need to remove them, they aren't impossible to remove. While it would be hard to remove them immediately after application because they do glue on well, once they are starting to loosen, you can run water underneath to help, or just pry them up and the still don't damage your natural nails.
  • The only thing I don't like is that sometimes if they are starting to loosen at the nail bed and I don't replace right away - they get stuck in my hair if I'm fixing my hair or whatever. 
  • Sometimes I'll wear gloves if I'm doing dishes just to help prolong them. 

I recently tried the Kiss brand, which are actual glue on nails and they were so pretty, but unfortunately, I did realize after they all came off that they caused damage to my nails, with peeling and cracking where the glue was applied.  Not to mention that they were prone to popping off suddenly and without warning, event the first day I applied. With the Impress ones, I know I won't have to worry about them for at least several days, so they're great for weekends, events, etc.  

Anyway, that's a long answer but hope it helps! 

Thanks so much, @sister13 ! 😘  I knew you could help.  I love the French mani nails.  I know I've said that before.  Seems to me the first time I saw them on you I thought they were real.  I think that's because they aren't outrageously long.

Every time I read "press-on nails," my stupid brain thinks, "Lee Press-on Nails"!  I'm worried that the nails would be too wide for my fingers.  I may eventually give them a try though. 😄

@sister13  This was VERY helpful- thank you a bunch! The Impress ones look great on you. The Betty Cora ones come with the glue stickers as well but my fear was that they won't be as effective as the glue and they would pop off. I think I will start with the glue tabs first and then try the nail glue much later on with a different set and compare. After wearing acrylics for a year+, I decided to take a break and let my real nails grow and get stronger. Now that they are in better shape, I want to test press ons.

@Titian06 Thank you for tagging our fellow nail enthusiast so she can give me her thoughts- appreciate you!

@gonerogue - You are welcome! 😘

2 Replies
testing