Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown - Price-wise, are they the same? 🤑

@Titian06 

I can't believe I forgot the most important comparison of all 😱

KBshimmer: $0.15 for the brush, and caps are available for another $0.18, limit 50 every three months

Night Owl: $0.24 for the brush, caps not available

G&G: $0.25/brush, $0.30/cap, and also charges an extra $0.20 shipping per brush

G&G and KBS also sell their smaller brushes if for any reason you want that over the wide paddle.

You won't need caps for most replacements; here's a handy dandy reference list for many brands. The op has a great list, but there are several more in the comments as well, so be sure to check those out if one you are interested in isn't up top!

reddit dot com/r/RedditLaqueristas/comments/idilpl/list_of_polish_brands_compatible_with_glisten/?sort=new

I did notice brushes popping up at one or two other indies while BF shopping...I'd have to imagine they're all the same (assuming the brush here is the one that fits that brand to begin with, of course). I'm going to need 350-400 eventually if I want to replace ALL of mine, and it'll take me two years to get that many at KBS, so if I get a wild hair to finish this project quicker, I may shop around and see if I can do better than $0.24 at Night Owl. From what I recall though, the others I saw were also $0.24 or $0.25, so that may be about the best rate out there after KBS.

thanks for all the info @RGbrown , it's great sleuthing.

Thanks, @RGbrown , including the link. 💖💖💖

@RGbrown  My eyes can’t see a difference 

Thank you for the comparison @RGbrown. In the picture they look so similar! 

Well, I don’t know where to start other than expressing my disbelief that I was able to create this manicure. It took a long time, layers and patience, but the effort paid off.

I wanted to try this since I purchased this stamping plate and since I started looking for a blue (and other colors) jelly polish. I needed to wait until I had the smudge free top coat as well, that I recently received. Once I had it all, I couldn’t wait.

This is all that I used:

- Zoya Eleni: a light blue cream polish, that I used as a base. It was quite translucent so I needed to apply three (thin) coats to reach full coverage. I did it last night and it was not fully dried when I went to bed so I ruined part of my nails. I have three split nails that needed to be patched so they looked bad (see pinky below)

5A2D99D1-68F0-41DD-98DA-51A1F489C560.jpeg

And today I did the rest, for which I used the following:

- Nicole Diary stamping plate in 120, a gorgeous snowflake festival of all shapes and sizes.

- Orly White tips to use as a stamping polish even if it is not.

- Whats Up stamper.

- Picture Polish nail polish in North Pole: a beautiful deep blue jelly that allowed to create dimension and provide a soft end result in those bumpy patched nails. I applied, at least, three coats in between stamping. 

- Maniology Smudge Free Top Coat: that I applied after every stamping (at least three times)

- LynB Designs B Quick top coat.

I needed a total of more than 10 coats to reach this result (the several layers of snowflakes don’t count) So I needed to spread the process along the day to allow coats to dry.

I have to say that the end result is worth the hours it has taken me to finish this job (I would call it masterpiece, although it sounds so arrogant 😅)

I feel so PROUD!!

Direct Sun shotDirect Sun shotDirect sun shotDirect sun shot

Shade shotShade shotShade shotShade shot

D6B92FA5-798D-4CFF-97DE-CC5BCE28B8C1.jpeg

This is a flash picture

Here is a closeup so you can see the different layers of snowflakes that give dimension to the end result.

Closeup in the sunCloseup in the sunCloseup in the shadeCloseup in the shade

Isn’t it spectacular?? 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 I am still in disbelief!!!

I don’t want to clean or cook this week so I don’t ruin my nails! 😅

I don’t think I will be able to create anything more beautiful than this 💙💙💙

You are an artist @Saradestin ! that looks professional, great job! ❄️

Aww, thank you so much fir your encouraging words @makeitup305 ! 🤗🤗 I really appreciate them! It took me a long time and a bunch of coats but it looks so pretty! I am still rocking it 5 days after. Let’s see if I can make it last until Monday! 

@Saradestin you deserve all the praise for your patience and skill !

@Saradestin 💙 wow! Your patience paid off so well, you created an beautiful snowy picture 😀 I'm so impressed girl!

Thank you so much @CynthieLu ! I think that patience pays off most times. I have to practice it more often 😅

@Saradestin  This is beautiful! 💙 I'd say your pride is well placed! 

Thank you so much, sweet @WinglessOne ! 🤗🤗

@Saradestin  Oh my gosh, these just look amazing! 🙌 You should definitely be proud of these, they are absolutely gorgeous! 😍 I wouldn't be able to stop staring at them either! I don't think I'd ever have enough time and patience for a masterpiece like this! 

Thank you so much @Shosh85 beautiful! It took long because of all those layers (in fact I have added a couple more top coats) but I did it over hours (well, a total of three days) here and there, so it didn’t feel that terrible as if I had to sit idle to do it all at once. 

Wowwwy! Your layering the snowflakes @Saradestin!!! It's gorge! 😍 Loooove!!! 💙

Girl, you should be proud! And I beg to differ, I have this feeling that even as masterful as this mani is, there will be even more spectacular mani's to come from you. 💅

Thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging comment @itsfi! 🤗🤗😘😘

@Saradestin   WOW, JUST WOW 💙💙. It is so beautiful ❄️  I can’t believe this is a manicure.  It is 3 dimensional. You did an amazing job 🤩🤩

Thank you so much, @Cissy63 gorgeous! I can’t stop looking at my nails! 💙💙💙

@Saradestin !!!!!!  That's ART!!!!!!

I'm legit so proud of you and I can't believe how amazing that looks 😲.  Like, you're a Rockstar 🙌.

1 Reply
testing