Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I'm not quite ready for holiday nails yet, so it's time for some fun purples for me 💜

Right hand:

Glisten & Glow Better Together is a white crelly with lavender metallic flakies. Super simple, perfectly easy to wear and love. I had 90%+ coverage at two coats, but added a third just in case (I knew the next one would need three, so why not)...they were easy coats, not fussy in any way. 

Orly Industrial Playground is a pale grey base loaded with lavender shimmer. A bit sheer at two coats, it needed three for full coverage, but they were likewise easy. It's a moody, dusty purple, chilly, soft and ethereal, perfect for the gloomy weather we've had down here lately.

IMG_20221205_153335334.jpg

Left hand:

Glisten & Glow Be Still My Beating Heart is a deep purple jelly loaded with scattered holo, pink/orange/gold shifting flakies and teal/blue/purple shifting flakies (as best I can tell, at least lol). This came from their 7 Days of Surprises set, and the polish name is quite apt, IMHO, as this is the kind of shade that really makes my heart happy 💜 Many jellies take me three coats for opacity, but this one is perfect with just two...between the depth of the base and the quantity of flakies, the coverage is outstanding.

IMG_20221205_153346096.jpg

Gloomy day, overcast skies, you can see a few pops of teal and blue here

IMG_20221205_153435201.jpg

Another angle to see some of the pink/orange hiding in there 

IMG_20221205_153352775.jpg

Blurry flash to light up some of the holo

Can't go wrong with a purple mani @RGbrown

@makeitup305 

It's always a great fall back when inspo is low 💜

@RGbrown  Love both of the purple shades! The G&G holo really is gorgeous!! 😍

@Shosh85 

Thanks so much! 💜

@RGbrown, the holos in that purple jelly!! Whoa! You can definitely see some even on an overcast day but wowza! They come ALIVE in that last pic! Gorgeous! 💜

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! G&G definitely did a fantastic job with this one 💜

@RGbrown, I don’t know why but for whatever reason, I only learned that G&G had color nail polish as well. It makes all the sense but I’ve just had them as my top coat of choice that I wasn’t looking at them for anything else.  Not to worry; that will be rectified shortly. 😆 G&G nail polish is on my list for products / brands I want to delve more deeply into in 2023, but no one should be surprised if it happens before then. 😂

@itsfi 

I totally understand that...I've used their top coat for years now, but I think last BF was the first time I tried one of their polishes. I had browsed a time or two before that, but nothing in their catalog really struck my fancy at the time, but I've been loving everything I've picked up once I finally started buying more than just top coat!

They do have a couple other sales throughout the year, though they don't seem to do any sort of email advertising for them...you have to watch their site for it to show up on the scrolling pics across the top or see an announcement on IG. I feel like there's one in the spring (Jill's bday, maybe?) and something around 4th of July, but I don't remember specifics off the top of my head. I need to keep better track! 

@RGbrown  Oh all of the colors are gorgeous 💜

@Cissy63 

Thanks so much! 💜

Oooh industrial playground is so pretty @RGbrown !

@Kim888 

Thanks so much! It's such a great soft purple that's even prettier IRL...it practically glows, which never comes across in photos well! 💜

Such gorgeous colors @RGbrown ! But Be Still My Beating Heart is my favorite 💜💜💜 Spectacular! 

@Saradestin 

I watched a spoiler video for the set it came in before buying it, and that one was definitely a deciding factor 😍

All three of these are great colors, @RGbrown ! 💜💜💜  I can't even pick a favorite; they're all great!

@Titian06 

They definitely all speak to me in different ways...all are amazing 😍

Some holiday nails I did for an ugly sweater party. I keep finding winners in the Ulta nail gwp!

A5147BCE-21C4-4A4B-B429-97626A6A4F7E.jpeg

Perfect for the holidays @Kim888 

@Kim888  Classy and sweet and simple! Love them! ❤️🎄

@Kim888, red and snowflakes makes a great combo for the season! 💗❄️

testing