Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Wow! That was an amazing price @CookieGirl1 It was well worth picking for sure! I am glad it is working so well for you! 

Great mani and I'm so glad you like the peel-off base coat, @CookieGirl1 ! 💖💖💖  I would probably use it just to peel it off, like Elmer's Glue on the palm of your hand in grade school! 😁

@Titian06 oh my gosh, it's that same amazing feeling!

I've had these three Smith & Cult polishes grouped together as a "play with layering" session for a good long while now, but somehow forgot about them for a bit. Time to rectify that!

The polishes:

Bite Your Kiss: deep purple jelly. Streaky at one coat; better at two coats, but still a bit uneven without some fidgeting. I wound up doing three on the one nail I left plain for a swatch shot to get even and full coverage (right pinky).I'll have to compare at some point, but this is reminds me greatly of a Revlon jelly I've got (Passionate, maybe? I may have the name wrong, but they have one almost exactly like this), and Revlon has a way better paddle brush that I can control easier...I made a dang mess with this one on nearly every finger with that awful S&C brush, and it stained a few spots in my sidewalls (none of my fingers are bleeding, FYI; it's all just stains from this one if you notice any spots). I won't reach for this one again, will just grab my Revlon for easier application if I need a dark purple jelly again.

Take Fountain: teeny tiny glitter in the palest pink possible and scattered holo flakes, all in a clear base. Easiest as a topper, it took four coats for full coverage worn alone (right ring). The holo flakes are blindingly bright though, they practically jump off the nail with an almost 3D effect in bright light. Might be my new fave holo topper

Palace In Wonderland: extremely sheer bright pink base with blue shimmer and a few hints of gold. Another that works best as a topper, this was four coats (right thumb) and my nail line is still slightly visible.

IMG_20221130_132909598_HDR.jpg

Right hand, full sun

And then, the combos!

Middle finger, right hand:

Bite Your Kiss + Palace In Wonderland, laid down in layers of purple, pink, purple, pink, purple. I got that second layer of purple a bit thicker than I wanted, nearly completely obscuring the layer of Palace underneath, so I did another round making sure I went thinner this time...not sure 5 layers would have really been necessary otherwise, as Palace has so much shimmer that it helped blot out most of the streaks in Bite Your Kiss. This combo really brightened up the vampiness of BYK; it's still dark, but now it's got this lit from within look to it.

Index finger, right hand:

BYK + Take Fountain, 5 layers again, for precisely the same reason, though the base on Take Fountain is clear, and might not have hid streaks quite as well if I hadn't been so heavy with that middle layer of BYK. This doesn't look super different from just plain BYK in lower lights, just a touch of brighter spots show up, but in sunlight, the glitter in TF really lights up, giving me a bright berry sparkle

And then, on my left hand, I laid down two coats of BYK, plus one coat of either Fountain or Palace. Take Fountain is stunning as a holo flakie topper, it pops against this deep purple so freaking well. Palace In Wonderland was a surprise to me though...it transformed into a multichrome over that dark base, giving me a blue to purple to berry-slash-almost-burgundy shift that is simply to die for 😍

IMG_20221130_132944976_HDR.jpg

Full sun, but dappled through tree branches; this gives an ok look at the multichrome shift on my index, middle, and pinky. You can see the blue and purple, and a hint of a darker berry starting to show near the cuticles.

IMG_20221130_133111506_HDR.jpg

Full sun, straight on, slightly blurry to help my camera pick up the holo 🌈

@RGbrown  I love all the shades here, but holy cow, that holo is gorgeous - I bet it's even more stunning in real life! 😍

@Shosh85 

Thanks so much! It's an ah-MAY-zing holo! 😍

@RGbrown These are so pretty togeather!  💜😍💖

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! ❣️

My eyes go straight to Take Fountain @RGbrown! 😍 The sparkles and glitter looks fabulous against the paler base. I wonder what it would look like atop Palade Wonderland. It looks stunning against the purple jelly. 

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! Take Fountain will be a fabulous topper on pretty near anything And ahhhhhhh, I had left it sitting out so I could add it over one or two of my multichrome nails to see how it would look, but it's been a crazy few days and time has gotten away from me. If I have some time to redo this mani tonight, I may at least do up a test before taking all this off 🤞

Love the combos you chose, @RGbrown!

@CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much! ❣️

These are both gorgeous manis @RGbrown . That topper is quite special! Did you see that KBS came out with a flash reflective topper? I need it in my life.

@makeitup305 

I hadn't noticed KBS in particular, but flash reflective is definitely everywhere lately! I've got Whats Up The Glint Life, and while I haven't tried it that way (note to self: do it soon!), I bet it would make a stunning topper as well!

@RGbrown Flash reflective is definitely trending along with magnetics I think. I have 3 reflective but I think a topper would be so cool. I have to look for that WUN next time at the mall.

Wow @RGbrown ! It seems impossible that only three polishes were able to create your mani! Gorgeous! Take Fountain is my favorite, but with my love for everything glittery, there are no surprises there. 

@Saradestin 

I don't have nearly the eye for layering that @WinglessOne does, but it's so much fun to see how many looks you can get from a few combos! 💜

@WinglessOne layering combos are out of this world, @RGbrown , that’s a true statement!

OMGosh, @RGbrown !  These colors individually are awesome, but sandwiched on one hand and topped on the other, they are stunning! 💜💜  

@Titian06 

It's amazing how much some of these changed with the various combos! it's hard to believe all of this is only three polishes 💖

New deal drop at Orly!

orlybeauty dot com/pages/deal-drops-2022

It's a nice set if you have been contemplating a load of the Lisa Frank stuff (which is normally excluded from their sales)!

orly lisa frank deal drop.png

testing