Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Oooooo, really pretty, @itsfi ! 💜😍💜

@Titian06, thank you. All the colors I’ve tried from the collection have been great.

My peelie base coat from Black Dahlia Lacquers arrived a couple of days ago and I had specifically gotten it to use with any glitter polishes that are uber-difficult to remove.  I really enjoy this topper (Wild Card from Orly) but last time I tried taking it off it REALLY did a job on my nails.  Of course, I had to test it out...

20221130_133017.jpg

...and dang, it absolutely works!  Granted, it's not going to keep a mani on for more than a day--maybe two, if you're careful--but if I'm just using it once in awhile or for an accent nail it's going to be great!  A couple of nails had already toasted out by the end of the day today and then I got a sick sense of joy out of peeling the remainder of them off tonight, lol.

@CookieGirl1  This is such a great combo! The peely base sounds great! I'd definitely be one of those people that would put it on just to have the satisfaction of peeling it off! 😉😃

@Shosh85 it actually IS a very satisfying feeling, lol.

@CookieGirl1 

Fabulous!

I'm kinda kicking myself for not tossing their peely base into my Cyber Monday order while I was at it. It's not something I've ever tried before, and I'm not sure I'd use it often (my little finger cover thingies are fabulous and I don't mind removing glitter with them), but it was half price and I'm usually down for playing with new stuff...not sure why I didn't get it, now that I ponder 😋

@RGbrown Had I known about your cool little finger thingies beforehand I might have opted to try those instead BUT since I have the peelie base I'm going to at least use it on occasion.  I really don't have many of those stupid-hard-to-remove polishes so it won't get used often but I can see where it has its time and place.

That would be a satisfying feeling @CookieGirl1 😄 and no residue or anything, impressive!

@CynthieLu I've never had a peelie base before so I don't know if most of them work that well or not but I was impressed!

@CookieGirl1, the peel off base coat sounds like a great idea for super glittery polishes.

@itsfi it's definitely not a product that I'd want to use all the time but for those glitter-bomb occasions I think it's going to come in handy.

@CookieGirl1 I have to consider the peel-off base, specially for the PixieDust polishes that are so difficult to remove!

Your mani looks so beautiful! I love how that topper looks on top of the black. Such a pretty contrast! 😍

@Saradestin I would absolutely recommend the Black Dahlia base.  Each nail peeled off in one solid piece and left no weird residue on my nails.  I was able to easily find a coupon code to use on their site and I think that the base AND included shipping amounted to a little over $8 so you can't beat the price, either.

Wow! That was an amazing price @CookieGirl1 It was well worth picking for sure! I am glad it is working so well for you! 

Great mani and I'm so glad you like the peel-off base coat, @CookieGirl1 ! 💖💖💖  I would probably use it just to peel it off, like Elmer's Glue on the palm of your hand in grade school! 😁

@Titian06 oh my gosh, it's that same amazing feeling!

I've had these three Smith & Cult polishes grouped together as a "play with layering" session for a good long while now, but somehow forgot about them for a bit. Time to rectify that!

The polishes:

Bite Your Kiss: deep purple jelly. Streaky at one coat; better at two coats, but still a bit uneven without some fidgeting. I wound up doing three on the one nail I left plain for a swatch shot to get even and full coverage (right pinky).I'll have to compare at some point, but this is reminds me greatly of a Revlon jelly I've got (Passionate, maybe? I may have the name wrong, but they have one almost exactly like this), and Revlon has a way better paddle brush that I can control easier...I made a dang mess with this one on nearly every finger with that awful S&C brush, and it stained a few spots in my sidewalls (none of my fingers are bleeding, FYI; it's all just stains from this one if you notice any spots). I won't reach for this one again, will just grab my Revlon for easier application if I need a dark purple jelly again.

Take Fountain: teeny tiny glitter in the palest pink possible and scattered holo flakes, all in a clear base. Easiest as a topper, it took four coats for full coverage worn alone (right ring). The holo flakes are blindingly bright though, they practically jump off the nail with an almost 3D effect in bright light. Might be my new fave holo topper

Palace In Wonderland: extremely sheer bright pink base with blue shimmer and a few hints of gold. Another that works best as a topper, this was four coats (right thumb) and my nail line is still slightly visible.

IMG_20221130_132909598_HDR.jpg

Right hand, full sun

And then, the combos!

Middle finger, right hand:

Bite Your Kiss + Palace In Wonderland, laid down in layers of purple, pink, purple, pink, purple. I got that second layer of purple a bit thicker than I wanted, nearly completely obscuring the layer of Palace underneath, so I did another round making sure I went thinner this time...not sure 5 layers would have really been necessary otherwise, as Palace has so much shimmer that it helped blot out most of the streaks in Bite Your Kiss. This combo really brightened up the vampiness of BYK; it's still dark, but now it's got this lit from within look to it.

Index finger, right hand:

BYK + Take Fountain, 5 layers again, for precisely the same reason, though the base on Take Fountain is clear, and might not have hid streaks quite as well if I hadn't been so heavy with that middle layer of BYK. This doesn't look super different from just plain BYK in lower lights, just a touch of brighter spots show up, but in sunlight, the glitter in TF really lights up, giving me a bright berry sparkle

And then, on my left hand, I laid down two coats of BYK, plus one coat of either Fountain or Palace. Take Fountain is stunning as a holo flakie topper, it pops against this deep purple so freaking well. Palace In Wonderland was a surprise to me though...it transformed into a multichrome over that dark base, giving me a blue to purple to berry-slash-almost-burgundy shift that is simply to die for 😍

IMG_20221130_132944976_HDR.jpg

Full sun, but dappled through tree branches; this gives an ok look at the multichrome shift on my index, middle, and pinky. You can see the blue and purple, and a hint of a darker berry starting to show near the cuticles.

IMG_20221130_133111506_HDR.jpg

Full sun, straight on, slightly blurry to help my camera pick up the holo 🌈

@RGbrown  I love all the shades here, but holy cow, that holo is gorgeous - I bet it's even more stunning in real life! 😍

@Shosh85 

Thanks so much! It's an ah-MAY-zing holo! 😍

@RGbrown These are so pretty togeather!  💜😍💖

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! ❣️

1 Reply
testing