Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@CynthieLu, I hear that! The details matter! 😀 This is a gorgeous color. I was trying to find another light or pale blurple in my stash to pair with this one but that search hasn't been fruitful in that regard. I have, however, found some greys and purples that could work out well with this pretty Sagittarius shade. 

So Beautiful @itsfi ! 😍 I haven’t seen any polish from that collection that I don’t like. All the ones you got are gorgeous!

She has so many beautiful polishes @Saradestin! 😍 If I have more time this month, I may try to use this as a base at another time, for some stamping, or incorporate it in some other form of nail art. 💅 I tried stamping with a silver but it didn't show up as boldly as I'd hope. Maybe a white or black polish to do the stamping would work better. We'll see if I have the patience for it or if I get distracted by another polish. 😂

I also tried to stamp with a silver polish and it was a fiasco @itsfi 😅. It was regular polish so I blamed it on that 😜

@Saradestin, I use Revlon Molten Magic which is a great silver for stamping - learned of it from @RGbrown! I think the flakies might have competed with the color. The other thing may be that I left the polish on the plate too long before picking it up because it looked more faint on my stamper than it normally does. I'll see about giving it another try. 

@itsfi  @Saradestin 

I definitely second Revlon Molten Magic! Or another smooth chrome type (Revlon is discontinued; last I checked, it was pretty widely available on eBay and Amazon, but I suppose that won't always be true lol. I'm sure there are others out there though!)

Here's a quick shot that I think helps illustrate the difference in the two.

IMG_20221203_113238146.jpg

Left is Revlon, just a tiny dab smeared out super thin. You can see the color and coverage is nearly completely smooth, like the silver is a liquid chrome. Trixie, on the right, also just a tiny bit that's been brushed thin, breaks down into a clear base with tiny silver particles. It's a neat effect, I've done it with a similar gold, but if you're looking for full coverage, chrome looking silver, it's not the one to pick. 

Wow @RGbrown ! That’s so insightful! Now I know why Trixie didn’t work! Thank you so much for the swatches!! 🤗🤗

Yes @itsfi , give it another try because I am sure that you will make it work! Mine is Zoya’s Trixie. It is quite runny and maybe that’s why it stamps basically translucent. 

Oooooo, really pretty, @itsfi ! 💜😍💜

@Titian06, thank you. All the colors I’ve tried from the collection have been great.

My peelie base coat from Black Dahlia Lacquers arrived a couple of days ago and I had specifically gotten it to use with any glitter polishes that are uber-difficult to remove.  I really enjoy this topper (Wild Card from Orly) but last time I tried taking it off it REALLY did a job on my nails.  Of course, I had to test it out...

20221130_133017.jpg

...and dang, it absolutely works!  Granted, it's not going to keep a mani on for more than a day--maybe two, if you're careful--but if I'm just using it once in awhile or for an accent nail it's going to be great!  A couple of nails had already toasted out by the end of the day today and then I got a sick sense of joy out of peeling the remainder of them off tonight, lol.

@CookieGirl1  This is such a great combo! The peely base sounds great! I'd definitely be one of those people that would put it on just to have the satisfaction of peeling it off! 😉😃

@Shosh85 it actually IS a very satisfying feeling, lol.

@CookieGirl1 

Fabulous!

I'm kinda kicking myself for not tossing their peely base into my Cyber Monday order while I was at it. It's not something I've ever tried before, and I'm not sure I'd use it often (my little finger cover thingies are fabulous and I don't mind removing glitter with them), but it was half price and I'm usually down for playing with new stuff...not sure why I didn't get it, now that I ponder 😋

@RGbrown Had I known about your cool little finger thingies beforehand I might have opted to try those instead BUT since I have the peelie base I'm going to at least use it on occasion.  I really don't have many of those stupid-hard-to-remove polishes so it won't get used often but I can see where it has its time and place.

That would be a satisfying feeling @CookieGirl1 😄 and no residue or anything, impressive!

@CynthieLu I've never had a peelie base before so I don't know if most of them work that well or not but I was impressed!

@CookieGirl1, the peel off base coat sounds like a great idea for super glittery polishes.

@itsfi it's definitely not a product that I'd want to use all the time but for those glitter-bomb occasions I think it's going to come in handy.

@CookieGirl1 I have to consider the peel-off base, specially for the PixieDust polishes that are so difficult to remove!

Your mani looks so beautiful! I love how that topper looks on top of the black. Such a pretty contrast! 😍

@Saradestin I would absolutely recommend the Black Dahlia base.  Each nail peeled off in one solid piece and left no weird residue on my nails.  I was able to easily find a coupon code to use on their site and I think that the base AND included shipping amounted to a little over $8 so you can't beat the price, either.

13 Replies
testing