Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi  Thanks for the comparison on different layers. I think both look beautiful. I like the look of the more sheer coats it makes it so versatile!!

More on route… you can never have too many polishes I think!! Or that’s what I keep telling myself!! 

Hahahaha @ather! My polish stash supports the notion that we can never have too many polishes. 😂 I really should sort through a handful soon and do a declutter. I keep putting the ones I used in the “oh, I’m keeping you” bin. The “declutter” bin has maybe 2 polishes in there. 😝 

ILNP is up! 

ilnp bf 2022.png

@RGbrown Yay! My last sale of the year (and hopefully for a long time)!!! I have a long list of “wished polishes” but I need to reduce it to something more affordable, because with 25%, the price doesn’t go down that much (Zoya is making me get used to impossible crazy sales and wanting the same discount from everyone...) 😅

This year I purchased some ILNP polishes on sale around April, so I am hoping for another sale to get the rest of beauties on my wish list and to give me the time to recover from this craziness.

*UPDATE: OK, I can definitely say that I am DONE. No more nail related purchases (hopefully no more purchases of any kind) I had to get more ILNP polishes that I was thinking of, because the expensive shipping fee forced me to reach the $50 min. for free shipping. On my April purchase the shipping fee was $5.82 and this one was well over $12 😵😵😵, just 7 months later... But I still didn’t get all I had in my wish list. 😁

@Saradestin I was bad, too. Between Cirque, ILNP, and 2 shades at Ulta today, I need to call it quits on the nail polish for the rest of the year. Maybe most of next 😉

That’s what I am repeating to myself @makeitup305 . Let’s see how good I am on my commitment 

@Saradestin  Remember to write reviews for all your ILNPs to earn points toward future purchases. I'd already planned to go over the free shipping minimum (even after shortening my wishlist) but using some of my banked points got my order down to exactly $50. 

Their shipping rate was crazy this time. I know I recently said elsewhere in this thread that I'll willingly choose an inflated shipping rate over a free-ship threshold if the former saves me more money overall than the latter. That doesn't mean I don't notice and grumble about overpriced shipping. I kinda expect shipping rates to spike this time of year, but good grief. 

I'm glad you were able to get some of your wishlist items! 

@WinglessOne I need to do that too. I have all my polishes from last year still needing reviews . I didn’t realize they did that until today. I did manage to cash in some points today, which was nice.

Yes @WinglessOne ! I have been diligently writing my reviews and cashing some $$.

I got my order for just a little over $50, so it was perfectly sized and more or less justifiable after all this sale craziness. But when I saw the shipping fee I freaked out! 

@Saradestin 

Ugh, $12 shipping, I'd have noped out of that too; I just automatically go for $50 here without thinking about it, don't think I've ever even considered a smaller cart lol.

Unless ILNP retires more shades next year, BF is a pretty safe bet to be their only sale of the year (except the dollar off per bottle they offer for new collections)...their sale schedule is tiny, but at least it's highly predictable 😋

@RGbrown Yes, I haven’t noticed any sales since last year except the one they did for the discontinued polishes. I think Cirque was the same.

They have beautiful polishes @RGbrown , so it’s easy to go way overboard.

Here's my feeble attempt at stamping.  It's pretty embarrassing after seeing @Saradestin 's amazing stamping! 😖  I was testing out different stamping and nonstamping polishes.

20221124_185135.jpg

20221124_185207.jpg

@Titian06   I like your stamping.  It’s very clear. The base color shows the stamping really well 😀. Your kitty is adorable!!

Thanks, @Cissy63 ! 💖💖💖

@Titian06, that kitty on your thumb is adorable! 😻 Your stamping looks great. There have been so many times (so many that I’ve stopped counting) where I can’t even pick up the pattern / design onto my stamp pad let alone be able to transfer it completely (or neatly) onto my nails! 

Thanks, @itsfi !  I hear you! 🤣 

@Titian06  Oh, these look great! You did a fantastic job! Love the kitty! 😃

Thanks, @Shosh85 !  I've spent most of the evening looking at kitty. 😄

@Titian06  I think you did a great job! I’m sure it’s not super easy!

Thanks, @ather !  It seems like it should be, but it's a bit challenging. 😄

testing