Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

That’s what I am repeating to myself @makeitup305 . Let’s see how good I am on my commitment 

@Saradestin  Remember to write reviews for all your ILNPs to earn points toward future purchases. I'd already planned to go over the free shipping minimum (even after shortening my wishlist) but using some of my banked points got my order down to exactly $50. 

Their shipping rate was crazy this time. I know I recently said elsewhere in this thread that I'll willingly choose an inflated shipping rate over a free-ship threshold if the former saves me more money overall than the latter. That doesn't mean I don't notice and grumble about overpriced shipping. I kinda expect shipping rates to spike this time of year, but good grief. 

I'm glad you were able to get some of your wishlist items! 

@WinglessOne I need to do that too. I have all my polishes from last year still needing reviews . I didn’t realize they did that until today. I did manage to cash in some points today, which was nice.

Yes @WinglessOne ! I have been diligently writing my reviews and cashing some $$.

I got my order for just a little over $50, so it was perfectly sized and more or less justifiable after all this sale craziness. But when I saw the shipping fee I freaked out! 

@Saradestin 

Ugh, $12 shipping, I'd have noped out of that too; I just automatically go for $50 here without thinking about it, don't think I've ever even considered a smaller cart lol.

Unless ILNP retires more shades next year, BF is a pretty safe bet to be their only sale of the year (except the dollar off per bottle they offer for new collections)...their sale schedule is tiny, but at least it's highly predictable 😋

@RGbrown Yes, I haven’t noticed any sales since last year except the one they did for the discontinued polishes. I think Cirque was the same.

They have beautiful polishes @RGbrown , so it’s easy to go way overboard.

Here's my feeble attempt at stamping.  It's pretty embarrassing after seeing @Saradestin 's amazing stamping! 😖  I was testing out different stamping and nonstamping polishes.

20221124_185135.jpg

20221124_185207.jpg

@Titian06   I like your stamping.  It’s very clear. The base color shows the stamping really well 😀. Your kitty is adorable!!

Thanks, @Cissy63 ! 💖💖💖

@Titian06, that kitty on your thumb is adorable! 😻 Your stamping looks great. There have been so many times (so many that I’ve stopped counting) where I can’t even pick up the pattern / design onto my stamp pad let alone be able to transfer it completely (or neatly) onto my nails! 

Thanks, @itsfi !  I hear you! 🤣 

@Titian06  Oh, these look great! You did a fantastic job! Love the kitty! 😃

Thanks, @Shosh85 !  I've spent most of the evening looking at kitty. 😄

@Titian06  I think you did a great job! I’m sure it’s not super easy!

Thanks, @ather !  It seems like it should be, but it's a bit challenging. 😄

@Titian06 that turned out cute!  

Thanks, @CookieGirl1 ! 💖💖💖

@Titian06 

Ahhhhhhhh, yay, kitty!!!! Your designs are adorable, I love all of them!!

Please please please, I know it may not be the results you wanted or expected, but do NOT get down about it! I've seen many folks post that they couldn't even get an image off their plate to begin with, much less get anything on their nail, so the fact that you made it this far is FANTASTIC! You are doing great, and you'll get better, I promise!!!!

For designs with large areas, like the cat face that is basically a massive blob of polish, I find it's usually best to make sure the entire well is full of polish before scraping (instead of just putting a puddle at the top like I normally do, expecting the scraper to fill it all in). I also tend to scrape with too much pressure, but these designs need a somewhat lighter hand (otherwise the scraper bends a bit under the pressure, and can scoop too much out of the well). Something about those big areas is tougher to get right sometimes! Heck, I've got a spiderweb that I just can't get to stamp right...the polish fills the negative space around the web strings, so it's a full-nail design that's like 95% polish, and I've tried it a few different ways, but just can't make it work for me.

Thanks, @RGbrown ! 😘  I think I'm not using enough polish and I scrape too hard.  I tried using more polish and not scraping as hard (that was tough 😄), but I got better results. 

That happened to me as well @Titian06 . I was being way too cheap using very little polish (like if it was going to run out.... 😁) And then, probably because of the stress, I was pressing way too hard. I still have plenty of unusable images, but I can feel that I am getting better and better, just by failing and failing. The good thing is that I like the process so much that it doesn’t frustrate me. It just pushes me to keep trying. I have not tried any big solid image yet, but I know it’s going to be very challenging, that’s why I have avoided it so far 😅.

16 Replies
testing