Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown, I second that nomination! @WinglessOne 

Me too @itsfi and @RGbrown

@WinglessOne, we are adding some pressure..... ๐Ÿ˜ 

Iโ€™m out of turn here with this LynBDesigns Aquarius - February polish, but I was inspired to go with these two beauties for a vow renewal ceremony over the weekend for family friends, Mr. & Mrs. Blu. ๐Ÿ’™

LynBDesigns Aquarius-February & Tenoverten RiversideLynBDesigns Aquarius-February & Tenoverten Riverside

LynB Designs Aquarius- February (thumb, middle & ring) is described as having a "teal / aqua crelly base with copper shimmer, micro holo shreds, and UCC flakies that shift from green to cyan to blue to purple to pink." The description of the shimmer, holo and flakies are spot on but the photo is pretty accurate when it comes to the base and looks more blue than tea or aqua, like a beautiful soft Robin's egg blue shade. It's very pretty. This is 2 coats.

Tenoverten Riverside (index & pinky) is a sheer pale baby blue that applied very easily and smoothly, to my pleasant surprise. Many of the sheerer Tenoverten polishes I've used in the past apply very streaky on my nails, but not so with Riverside. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ This is 3 coats. 

Iโ€™m really loving this pairing and plan to wear it more. Itโ€™s not your traditional autumn color but thatโ€™s okay. Iโ€™m still gonna wear it when the mood strikes. I had intended to add a brown to the mix with some stamping earlier this week for more of an autumnal vibe but time got away from me. I might give that a try later this week, unless I get distracted by another polish. lol.

@itsfi  I love this mani๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™.  These blues are so beautiful together.  Mr. and Mrs Blue sound like a wonderful couple.  50 years of marriage is a beautiful thing!!

Thank you @Cissy63. I love the pairing of these two blues! ๐Ÿ’™ Yes, I agree - 50 years is beautiful; it was a special celebration.

@itsfi  Awe, how sweet! Such a lovely tribute to the couple! 
Blue is my favorite color, so I especially love this mani! The Aquarius shade is so beautiful- definitely reminded me of a Robin's egg! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ˜

@Shosh85, I love this Aquarius shade; so far, itโ€™s my favorite of the polishes in the LynBDesigns zodiac collection.

Your mani matched the day perfectly @itsfi ๐Ÿฅฐ ๐Ÿ’™

@CynthieLu, thank you! Iโ€™m happy how they came out; and Iโ€™ve found two lighter blues in my stash that I love. 

@itsfi  Awww perfect tribute to Mr. & Mrs. Blu. I love Aquarius February. Itโ€™s so pretty!! I also get distracted by other newer polishes! 

@ather, I remind myself that there will always be new polishes, but that doesn't seem to help. lol. It's gonna be a "shop my stash" as far as polishes go for the foreseeable future. Until I get through all the ones in my collection that I haven't yet used. I figure if I was able to shop my stash a few years ago with my sheet masks, I can do it with nail polish. "I think I can, I think I can." ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi  You got this. If you make it past all these Black Friday sales you will be golden! How many polishes do you have? I donโ€™t have any idea how much I have but itโ€™s over 50! So I am in your boat also. I need to shop my stash. Plus you can use different toppers or stamps to make them look different! So really you have way more! I have faith in you!! 

Thank you @ather! I pulled out and set aside some new polishes to work through this month. Iโ€™ve been determining โ€œyayโ€ โ€œnayโ€ or โ€œfor another dayโ€ after each mani whether to keep or toss / re-home a polish after using it.  So far more keeps than declutters. ๐Ÿ˜†

Iโ€™ve also been going through my stash and new hauls as theyโ€™ve come in and setting out new polishes to use for the next two months. Thatโ€™s been a good reminder that I donโ€™t โ€œneedโ€ to pick up any more. Oh goodness, I have not counted how many new polishes I want to work my way through, but I am fairly certain โ€œover 50โ€ is accurate. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Have been going over some YT videos as well to check out new techniques to try. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

So beautiful, delicate and elegant @itsfi ! Gorgeous and perfect for Mr. and Mrs. Blue special day ๐Ÿ’™

Thank you @Saradestin! These two blues are keepers in my collection - love 'em! ๐Ÿ’™ 

@itsfi 

Gorgeous colors, and such a sweet tribute to your inspo! Love it! ๐Ÿ˜

Thank you @RGbrown; they're a cute couple and so funny together - 50 years of marriage! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi 

Holy cow, 50 years is amazing! 

I know!! Amazing and impressive @RGbrown! I forgot to mention that Mrs. B had blue polish on her toesies because, as she put it "what other color would I wear?!" Indeed, Mrs. B; indeed! 

Both colors are gorgeous, @itsfi ! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ’™  Nothing wrong with emulating a pretty blue sky in the fall...wink, wink, nudge, nudge...๐Ÿ˜„

Thank you @Titian06! I've had a hard time finding a pretty pale blue that I like; most have been on the chalky side when applied but these two are excellent and just what I've been looking for! A reminder that shopping my stash has its rewards! ๐Ÿ’™

1 Reply
testing