Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! 😸

This is so freaking cute @RGbrown ! 😻😻😻😻 You are going to make me want that stamping plate! I love cats so much that I am sure that, sooner or later, it will be in my collection. Gorgeous many and color selection!

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! 

I bought this one pretty much solely for the half kitty face...the rest of it is cute, but french tip kitty stole my heart 😹 Welcome to stamping...it's another dangerous-to-your-wallet hobby 💸😅

Sure it is @RGbrown 🤦🏻‍♀️, I will take advantage of a good BF sale if they have it and stop looking/buying for a LONG time! I need to use all what I have (and will have after the sale) before thinking in anything else.

@Saradestin 

A plate here, a plate there, next thing you know, you've got 50+ and haven't even removed the plastic from half of them 🤦‍♀️

That sounds quite plausible @RGbrown 😅

My latest Mooncats arrived this week and I couldn’t resist using one of em. Also, the split on my left index nail was just close enough to my fingertip for me to shorten that nail and remove the damage—though I really should've waited another week for that. 

Left hand: 

Left & middle: indirect overcast daylight through a window. Right: flash photo to catch more (but not all) of the holo.Left & middle: indirect overcast daylight through a window. Right: flash photo to catch more (but not all) of the holo.
Details: 
Spoiler
Thumb & ring: Mooncat Serpent’s Tongue (3 coats). A pink > silver > purple > pale green shifting glitter bomb packed with so much scattered holo glitter, it pops in nearly all types of lighting. Might’ve been fine at 2 coats but I added a 3rd. I’d originally planned to add toppers to my previous all plain jelly mani, but that went out the window when I unboxed Serpent’s Tongue. This shade inspired the purple theme for all my nails. 

Index: LynBDesigns Poor Unfortunate Soul (2 coats). One of the 13 Days of Holoween (Disney villains) mystery box shades, and this one’s obviously Ursula's. A bold violet with a pink shift, sprinkled with tiny holo pinpoints that appear silver in some lighting. 

In the context of my other nails, I figured this shade name was a good description for my index nail. 😂 No need to mourn the loss of length here: I’ll shorten the other nails eventually, though not right down to the nail bed edge like this one. It’s dangerously short (could invite bacteria to invade the nail bed if I filed away the skin barrier beneath the nail) and I should’ve re-patched the nail instead, giving it one more week to grow out before removing the damage. But impatience compelled me. 

Middle: Deborah Lippmann Love Hangover (1 coat) topped with Cirque Colors Fizzy Lifting Drink (3 coats). FLD is a red violet that pulls into a cloudy rainbow—as if seen through a mist or spray of water—via magnet. I wanted to deepen its color, so I used smokey mauve Love Hangover as a base. Love Hangover is a very nice self-leveling cream. Im glad I grabbed it during the Sephora holiday sale. 

The 2 polishes I layered on this nail.The 2 polishes I layered on this nail.
For FLD, I used the plain end of an S magnet. 1st coat was applied while resting my finger on the magnet, to push the rainbow (all the metal bits) out to the edges of the nail. For 2nd and 3rd coats, I held the magnet on its side over the nail to pull a standard band/stripe across the center of the nail. 

Pinky: Bow In The Deep (3 coats). A grape jelly thermal that’s a deep dark eggplant when cold. It's full of red, purple, and copper flakes and scattered holo glitter. When cold, it looks very similar to KBShimmer Bearly Awake’s cold state. But the 2 polishes look very different when warm. 

Right hand: 

Bottom left shows index nail in warm to chilly ombre. The other photos show that nail in chilly to cold ombre. (Its a tri-thermal polish.)Bottom left shows index nail in warm to chilly ombre. The other photos show that nail in chilly to cold ombre. (Its a tri-thermal polish.)
Details: 
Spoiler
Thumb & ring: Mooncat Serpent’s Tongue (3 coats). Because why restrict this beauty to just one hand? 

Index: Painted Polish Regal AF (2 coats). A tri-thermal that shifts from mauve pink (warm) to purple to deep blue violet (cold), with lots of gold flakes. Very reactive to body heat and ambient temperature, and still among my favorite purple polishes. 

Middle: LynBDesigns Best Buds (2 or 3 coats). A magnetic purple polish that pulls to blue/teal, and vibrant magenta, with random iridescent and holo glitter. One of my weaknesses is galactic looking polishes (as evidenced by my recent Mooncat order) and Best Buds meets the criteria. I used the S end of an S magnet, tilted on its side to pull an X very close to the nail tip for a more random-looking pattern across the nail. 

Pinky: KBShimmer Bearly Awake (2 coats). A thermal that’s bold raspberry jam when warm and deep grape jelly when cold, packed with red, purple, and pink flakes and holo pin points. This polish dries almost matte; someday I need to apply a matte top coat and see how it looks that way. 

Ohhhh!!!! @WinglessOne, I’ve been staring at these fabulous purples! 😍 They’re gorgeous. The pairing of DL Love Hangover and CC FLD is marvelous and Serpent’s Tongue is one spectacular shade!!! Mesmerizing beautiful. 💜

Thank you @itsfi ! 

This is definitely my favorite mani to date, @WinglessOne !  I love all those purple polishes 💜💜💜 and all the great info you provided!

Thank you @Titian06 ! 

@WinglessOne  I'm lovin' all the purple! All the special effects are just so dang beautiful! I don't own any Mooncat polish yet, but I'm definitely taking notes and building up a cart.... might just have to add Serpents Tongue, 'cause that one's just gorgeous! You totally made me laugh out loud reading your comment on the Poor Unfortunate Souls! Haha! 😂 ......Also, now I kinda want to watch Little Mermaid 🧜‍ 😉

Thank you @Shosh85 @Mellmars1185 @RGbrown ! I think a lot of us are holiday-shopping one another's manicures. 😂 You can never have too many purples! 💜 

@WinglessOne Beautiful polishes 💜❤️

@WinglessOne 

Purple purple purple, I can never get enough purple, and this is a *fantastic* mix 💜 I love them all!! I'm trying hard not to take notes and see how many I can find...I've got my BF sales pretty well mapped out and really shouldn't add to the list 😂

Yes @RGbrown , we shouldn’t, but we both know what happens.................. 😂

I love your manis because we always get so much of everything @WinglessOne: variety, beauty, and lots of valuable information. Such a gorgeous selection of polishes! 💜💜💜 Isn’t Best Buds spectacular? It’s my favorite magnetic polish. Mooncat’s Serpent’s Tongue and KB’s Bearly Awake are so beautiful! You made me laugh so much with your comment regarding your index fingernail appropriate polish name 😅😅. They were meant for each other! 

Thank you @Saradestin ! I'm not sure which of my magnetics is my favorite, but Best Buds is definitely a good one! 

That poor unfortunate nail will show me just how fast (or slow) my nails grow these days. I'm surprised the split in that nail reached my fingertip so quickly! Fun fact: back in my day, that nail length was how you could easily identify piano and western strings (cello, violin, etc.) players. 😂 

@WinglessOne About your fun fact, that’s definitely so cool! I would have never thought about that, although I have seen something similar with long nails on males in the south of Spain, they are most likely Spanish guitar players 😁

Ok, I did it! 😅 I couldn’t resist the temptation and I couldn’t wait one more day with my new mani on and not attempting stamping on it. It looked so much fun! 

My first experience was not as fun as I wished, mostly because of my lack of stamping skills. The images were not being picked by the stamper, or were picked partially, or were a smeared mess, so I stamped so much over the plastic surface (or nothing at all when it didn’t pick up the image) until I got a few “decent” ones (that I placed crooked because I did it in a rush because I didn’t want for them to dry and not transfer 😅

I still don’t know why some images picked and others didn’t, because it was taking me the same time. Maybe the polish? Probably me.... (I just want to blame something else 😜)

In the end it came out nice enough for a first attempt and I really liked it. Once and if I get a hold of it, I am going to LOVE it! I find it so relaxing and fun! 

As I don’t have any stamping polishes, I used my new Zoya Joss (a “soft colonial rose cream”) and a transparent top coat that is on the runny side, because my quick dry one never got to be picked up. 

My idea using the clear polish was to give that highlight and not to show the imperfections of my amateur job, but then I was not able to see what I picked nor where I placed it 😅

I used Whats Up Nails stamping plate B004 Seductive Lace and their Jumbo Clear Stamper and Scraper.

And here are the results! 

Feedback and advice are appreciated! 😁

Interior picture (dark cloudy day)Interior picture (dark cloudy day)Interior picture (dark cloudy day)Interior picture (dark cloudy day)Flash pictureFlash pictureFlash pictureFlash picture

@Saradestin, I’m sorry your first stamping experience wasn’t as fun as you’d hoped. I think your stamping skills are awesome! 😍 The polish you used looks amazing against your base - creates such a gorgeous effect. Seriously, I would not have thought this was your first time stamping. 

Since you said “feedback and advice” were appreciated, here goes -

- advice: keep at it, girl! Your nails look fabulous!! ♥️

Excited to see more of your stamping!! 

1 Reply
testing