Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I received my first Mooncat order from their recent sale.

These were my choices, from left to right:

Smokescreen: grey magnetic lacquer filled with silver micro holographic glitter they reveals a pink to orange multichrome magnetic stripe. 

If Frogs Had Wings: Aqua Nelly lacquer filled with bright pink shimmer and soft yellow and green iridescent flakies.

Supervillain: a multichrome flakies Lacquer filled with holographic glitterthat shifts between shades of blue and purple.

Raven: black matte lacquer with subtle glints of purple and pink shimmer.

E7B8B8ED-684E-432A-994F-B2F99E655E5F.jpeg

I applied the first of the polishes, Raven, the simplest of all, thinking on maybe playing with stamping later on. It was opaque after the second coat but I applied a third one. 

It is a very matte formula that looks almost black in the shade (very very very dark eggplant) and has a hint of purple in the sun. Exactly what I wanted, so I am very satisfied with it and happy i got it. Now I want Dream Within a Dream and Rue Morgue 😅. I have six months to save for their next sale 😁.

Direct sunDirect sunFull sunFull sunFlash pictureFlash picture

I love that how beautifully the purple (and eggplant base shade) comes through in this mani @Saradestin. The matte finish looks lovely on your nails! On mine mattes look so flat but they look fabulous on your pretty, long nails. 🖤💜🖤💜

Aww, thank you so much @itsfi! I had a couple of casualties a few weeks ago (that pinky nail that lost the Halloween googly eyes, and the ring one that I successfully “patched” for several weeks until it grew long enough), but now they are getting there. 😊

@Saradestin  Great choice!!! Raven is beautiful I love the purple with the flash!!! 

Thank you @ather ! 🤗 Yes, the purple that shows with flash and direct sun is so beautiful. In the shade it doesn’t show up though.

Gorgeous! @Saradestin 

Thank you so much @makeitup305 ! I really like it!

@Saradestin I like the fact that you got four different-looking polishes.  Have fun trying them all out!

Yes, I almost got all finishes @CookieGirl1 ! I missed a cream and a holo, and maybe a jelly if they have them. For the next sale! 😁

@Saradestin Black Friday, Cyber Monday...those sales are calling you 😉.

They definitely are @CookieGirl1 🙈💸💸💸

@Saradestin  Raven looks great on you! I think you'll like Rue Morgue if (haha, when) you order it. Love the polishes you picked up! 

Thank you so much @WinglessOne ! Yes, it’s more a “when” than an “if” (and the “when” is their next sale, in probably half a year 😄)

@Saradestin  You picked some great colors! They look and sound gorgeous! I love this matte eggplant shade with that hint of a lighter purple peeking through! 💜 Hope you have fun trying them out!

Thank you so much @Shosh85 ! Yes, they are very cool! I also thought on applying them all, one on each nail, as I think they would combine nicely because shade similarities, but with such different textures I thought it would look a little messy and decided to go with a plain manicure instead 😁

@Saradestin 

Those are all fantastic choices, and I can't wait to see more in action! Raven was a stunning first choice, love the hint of purple peeking through! 🖤💜

Thank you so much @RGbrown ! 🤗 I am very happy with how everything looks, including Raven on. The wait for the sale was worth it 😃

Great selection of colors for your first order, @Saradestin !  I love Raven--it's gorgeous and is a great base color for stamping. 💜🖤💜🖤  

Thank you so much @Titian06 ! 🤗 Yes, it is a beautiful base because almost anything on top will pop. Now let’s see if I don’t ruin the entire mani when I try stamping for the first time, which is what most likely will happen. I will wear this simple nail look for a few days and then see what happens with my stamping 😁

@Saradestin 

You can also do some practice stamps on scrap plastic or a ziploc bag or the like...might help you get your bearings before messing with a mani you aren't ready to remove yet!

That’s a great idea @RGbrown ! Thank you! That way I can practice starting immediately 😁

I only have one issue now and it is the cleaning supplies. At this point I only have Zoya’s Remove + (and A LOT) and it is not pure acetone, which I read must be what you use to clean the stamping plates. Which product would you recommend for that purpose? 

testing