Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown - I just placed my order...and yes, I got the Caturday plate! 😄  How could I not?!?

@Titian06 

How could you not, indeed?! 😂🐾

Such a cool deal @RGbrown ! I need to find out if I am any good at stamping first, before buying more stuff 😅

@Saradestin 

I get it! There will be more deals, so no worries there. It's addicting though, if you take a shine to it, just warning you 😆

I went in there to check it out and I ended up with a couple cheap plates (probably quite bad but not worse than my skills 😂) and the beloved stamper. They are already on their way. This is bad, I can see 💸💸💸💸 happening on BF because I cannot even control myself with what is not in my wish list 😅

Ohhh @Saradestin, that is so true - "cannot even control myself with what is not in my wish list." 😂🤣😂 If it's any consolation, Maniology makes some of the best stamping plates, from my (limited) experience at least. It's great you picked them up with the deal! 

I am happy that I am not the only one on this boat @itsfi 😅 I am anxious use my Maniology stamping plates, at least to test how everything works. Maybe this weekend 😁

Definitely in that same boat @Saradestin! 😝 Ooooh, that’s so exciting your stamping plates are en route!! That’ll make for a fun weekend! 😍

Am explaining myself terribly @itsfi 😅. I received Maniology’s plates from a previous sale days ago but I was not home so I couldn’t use them. The ones I purchased for Whats Up stamper deal were three very cheap ones from Kads, because my interest was focused on the free stamper more than anything. The plates are very cute but I am sure they will be of less quality because they cost 1/3 of Maniology ones. I have a big wish list on Maniology waiting for BF though..... 💸 I hope know that I will make them work. 😁

@Saradestin, ohhhh, the allure of cheap stamping plates. And, ohhhh!!! the lesson learned from picking them up! 😩 Been there, done that! Some things we just need to learn the hard way. Ha! My plan for either this weekend or next is to try to locate my good stampers, and declutter the ones that are sub-par, along with stamping plates that just don't work for me. There may be a post to the Show Me Your Declutters! thread in the not too distant future. 🤣

@itsfi We say in my country “lo barato sale caro” which is that cheap stuff ends up being expensive, and I am sure this will be the case, but as I wanted the free stamper I am happy even if I have to throw them away 😄

Good saying @Saradestin👍 It sounds like you purchased a stamper and received 3 plates as a gwp that you'll declutter at some point.

Exactly @itsfi 😄 You got it! 

👀👀👀

Coors Light has always been my dad's favorite beer, I might have to get this as a silly gift for him (one that I hope he'll quickly give right back to me 😂). Currently sold out, but I'm making a note to check next Tuesday, yep, I'm stalking the beer polish now 😆

shop.coorslight dot com/products/chill-polish

coors polish.png

That’s so cute @RGbrown ! It would be such a fun gift for your dad 😁

@RGbrown  🤣! This is even better than than e.l.f..'s Chipotle collection. 

@RGbrown  Oh my gosh, too funny! I'm always compelled to buy anything with the word "chill" in the name 😂

I feel invested in your stalking this polish @RGbrown! Cheering you on from afar and keeping my fingers crossed that you can get on for ... your dad. 😉🤞

I started this one off wanting to play with Essie Tropic Low, to see exactly how sheer it is and how it would do on its own vs as a topper. It's an amazing golden green shimmer that positively glows, and it took me way too long to get to it 💚

IMG_20221116_105258038.jpg

Base colors:

Pinky and ring are Butter London So Major, a dark olive/army green with a pinch of gold shimmer. Dang near one coater, even with my mini bottle with a tiny round brush. I did two coats on my pinky, but just one under the Essie. 

Index and thumb are Morgan Taylor Exhale, a dusty rose shade with a hint of purple. I tend to avoid shades like this because they trigger some sort of "grandma" response in my brain, but dang it if it isn't lovely anyways 😋 Another dang near one coater, I did two on my thumb because I always do two, but there's just one on my index.

Tropic Low is three coats on my middle finger, and one coat over the other two. It was a bit denser than I'd like for a topper, and it's not perfectly even, but I think it looks fantastic over the dark green, giving it a whole new look. Over the pink, the difference is much more subtle, and perhaps not worth the effort to me.

I was sad about the pink to green ratio when I was done, so I kept my left hand simpler as just a skittle mix, no layering

IMG_20221116_105319091.jpg

Green is my favorite color and Tropic Low is a gorgeous shade @RGbrown ! It makes me want it so bad! 💚💚💚 I love your color combos, always out of the norm and so beautiful! 

@Saradestin 

It's definitely worth seeking out!! 💚

5 Replies
testing