Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thank you so much @RGbrown ! 🤗 I am very happy with how everything looks, including Raven on. The wait for the sale was worth it 😃

Great selection of colors for your first order, @Saradestin !  I love Raven--it's gorgeous and is a great base color for stamping. 💜🖤💜🖤  

Thank you so much @Titian06 ! 🤗 Yes, it is a beautiful base because almost anything on top will pop. Now let’s see if I don’t ruin the entire mani when I try stamping for the first time, which is what most likely will happen. I will wear this simple nail look for a few days and then see what happens with my stamping 😁

@Saradestin 

You can also do some practice stamps on scrap plastic or a ziploc bag or the like...might help you get your bearings before messing with a mani you aren't ready to remove yet!

That’s a great idea @RGbrown ! Thank you! That way I can practice starting immediately 😁

I only have one issue now and it is the cleaning supplies. At this point I only have Zoya’s Remove + (and A LOT) and it is not pure acetone, which I read must be what you use to clean the stamping plates. Which product would you recommend for that purpose? 

@Saradestin 

Eh, I just use my Zoya (or DIY dupe). It'll leave a haze across the plate as it dries, but I don't find it really has any effect on the end product. I will wipe down with a dry cotton ball after cleaning to pick that haze up if I think it needs it, but I feel Zoya doesn't have whatever the threshold of "too much additive" may be...it's just fine!

If you are having trouble, and really feel like the Zoya might be playing a role, you can wipe down with alcohol after Zoya to remove that last bit of residue and get back to squeaky clean.

Thank you so much @RGbrown ! You have saved me some $$$ that I can... spend getting more polishes! 😁 Yay! 🎉🎉🎉

@Saradestin - Although your nails are considerably longer than mine, try stamping on your pinky first.  I personally think it's the least obvious finger.  Your thumb would be my next suggestion for stamping since it's off to the side and you can hide it under your fingers!  Anyway, you can put a topper over top with lots of bling to hide the stamping if it's that bad, but you'll do fine! 👍

Thank you so much for the useful tips @Titian06! They are very welcome and most likely needed! 😁

Here's the BF deal for Beyond Polish & Sleek Nail. Codes only apply to full price items, nothing from the various sale pages.

The two sites are related, but have a couple of differences:

Beyond Polish: free ship at $75, lower prices of the two sites when they have a chance to set the price (most indies are full price at both, so this may not play a role in your shopping)

Sleek Nail: free ship, no minimum, but prices are typically a bit higher to offset that

And hmmmm, KBShimmer finally posted their BF sale to PPU's list, and it will only be 15% off, so either site would be a better deal if they have the ones you are looking for and you can hit at least $30...gonna have to go play with a cart!

beyond polish bf 2022.png

@RGbrown  Thank you  for the information.  Decisions are not easy 😉

@RGbrown  These Black Friday sales are making it hard to stay on budget 🤣

@RGbrown  I agree with @Saradestin, I really appreciate you posting all these deals! It's that time of year when things get a bit crazy!

@Shosh85 With so many sales happening at the same time, it is easy to miss a good one, so I am glad I can come here and have them all nicely organized 😁

Thank you so much for always keeping us informed of all the deals and sales out there @RGbrown ! 😃

@Saradestin 

It's gonna be a wild ride the next week or so...y'all are gonna get tired of seeing my posts 🤣🤣🤣

Not at all @RGbrown ! You make our lives much easier not to miss anything! Thank you for that! 😊🤗 Although my wallet may disagree 😅💸💸💸

@Saradestin 

My wallet is already crying 🤣

There's a new Deal Drop over at Orly, two polishes plus Bonder base coat and Shining Armor too coat for $21.50. I tried a few codes and didn't find any that worked, but saw someone else say they found a 20% that worked, so if you're interested, maybe a quick Google will give you better results than me. These Deal Drops tend to go fast though, so don't dally!

orlybeauty dot com/pages/deal-drops-2022

Screenshot_20221118-100532.png

Screenshot_20221118-100538.png

Overall, it's a nice deal! Bonder is great if you plan to do any reverse stamping (it's a sticky base), and Liquid Vinyl is a pretty nice black (I still prefer MT though). Countdown looks fun! 

@RGbrown  ok what is reverse stamping?? I’m curious 

@ather 

That's when you pick up a design, but instead of stamping it on your nail immediately, you leave it on the stamper, fill in part or all of it with different colors, and then let it dry. Once it's dry, you need a way to stick it to your nail, and can do that by timing a coat of polish to the "not quite dry, still slightly tacky" phase, or the super easy way is with a layer of sticky base coat, like Orly Bonder. It's much more foolproof with a sticky base!

7 Replies
testing