Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

👀👀👀

Coors Light has always been my dad's favorite beer, I might have to get this as a silly gift for him (one that I hope he'll quickly give right back to me 😂). Currently sold out, but I'm making a note to check next Tuesday, yep, I'm stalking the beer polish now 😆

shop.coorslight dot com/products/chill-polish

coors polish.png

That’s so cute @RGbrown ! It would be such a fun gift for your dad 😁

@RGbrown  🤣! This is even better than than e.l.f..'s Chipotle collection. 

@RGbrown  Oh my gosh, too funny! I'm always compelled to buy anything with the word "chill" in the name 😂

I feel invested in your stalking this polish @RGbrown! Cheering you on from afar and keeping my fingers crossed that you can get on for ... your dad. 😉🤞

I started this one off wanting to play with Essie Tropic Low, to see exactly how sheer it is and how it would do on its own vs as a topper. It's an amazing golden green shimmer that positively glows, and it took me way too long to get to it 💚

IMG_20221116_105258038.jpg

Base colors:

Pinky and ring are Butter London So Major, a dark olive/army green with a pinch of gold shimmer. Dang near one coater, even with my mini bottle with a tiny round brush. I did two coats on my pinky, but just one under the Essie. 

Index and thumb are Morgan Taylor Exhale, a dusty rose shade with a hint of purple. I tend to avoid shades like this because they trigger some sort of "grandma" response in my brain, but dang it if it isn't lovely anyways 😋 Another dang near one coater, I did two on my thumb because I always do two, but there's just one on my index.

Tropic Low is three coats on my middle finger, and one coat over the other two. It was a bit denser than I'd like for a topper, and it's not perfectly even, but I think it looks fantastic over the dark green, giving it a whole new look. Over the pink, the difference is much more subtle, and perhaps not worth the effort to me.

I was sad about the pink to green ratio when I was done, so I kept my left hand simpler as just a skittle mix, no layering

IMG_20221116_105319091.jpg

Green is my favorite color and Tropic Low is a gorgeous shade @RGbrown ! It makes me want it so bad! 💚💚💚 I love your color combos, always out of the norm and so beautiful! 

@Saradestin 

It's definitely worth seeking out!! 💚

@RGbrown So gorgeous. You create the most beautiful combinations.

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! 💚

I agree @Mellmars1185 ! 

Your nails are beautiful! @RGbrown 

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! 💚

@RGbrown  So Major + Tropic Low = gorgeous! 

@WinglessOne 

Thank you! I bet it would look great over a dark blue too, maybe even a dark purple, black of course too. It's definitely got some possibilities! 💚

@RGbrown Tropic is a fun color!  

@CookieGirl1 

It's an amazing shade, worthy of acquiring if you are so inclined! 💚

@RGbrown  Ooooh, I really like Tropic Low, but I like it even more over So Major! Beautiful! 💚

@Shosh85 

Tropic Low really is a special color, not sure I have anything like it! 💚

So Major and Tropic Low are made for each other, @RGbrown ! 💚💚💚  Although I do like So Major by itself as well.  I always look at Exhale and then remember how pink it is.  I'll probably end up with it one day; I just wish it were as purple as it looks in the bottle! 💜💜💜

@Titian06 

Thanks so much!

Exhale was definitely one of my later MT purchases, one I kept looking at and passing over, but I'm glad it eventually made its way into my cart (bogo at Sally, I think, I needed it to fill out a deal on one I wanted more, lol). It's a lovely color!

testing