Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi  Your ombre mani is fabulous! Also, DIY polish is a good way to use up eyeshadows. Well, shadows that are pigmented enough to be used this way. I once tried this with a certain Urban Decay palette and should've known it wouldn't go well. 🤦‍♀️ Anyway, yours turned out very well! 

Thank you @WinglessOne! The intensity of the pigmentation is definitely a factor when it comes to DIY polish. I’m curious to see how an eyeshadow with a noticeable shift to it would do as a DIY nail polish but I’m not sure I want to use up a shadow with a fun  shift in that way. I’ll have to look through some eyeshadows to see if there’s one with a pretty shift that I’d be willing to test out in that way! 🤔 

@itsfi  I’m loving the brown skittle nails! And you totally nailed the ombré! I’ve never heard about using eyeshadow and polish it’s a great idea! They turned out perfect!

Thank you @ather! I am determined to work my way through some eyeshadow palettes, one way or another. 🤣 I’m also wondering how a DIY polish would work with blush. 🤔 

@itsfi  I can see it working the same. I’m not sure the ratio of blush to clear polish tho. 

@itsfi  I am really enjoying the brown shades, especially the DIY’s   Makes me think of 🍫!!

@Cissy63, brown polishes are not usually super high up on polish shades I tend to pick up, but I’ve found some good ones lately and mani’s like the skittles and ombré ones make them more fun! 😊 I think I should have a piece of chocolate 🍫 in honor of this ombre, don’t you?! 😋 

@itsfi  Oh please do have a really nice piece 🍫🍫😂😂

I like how the ombre turned out, @itsfi.

@CookieGirl1, thank you! I’m slowly working my way to doing an ombré/gradient from two different color families. Ones like these help build up my confidence little by little. And they also help me go through a few different polishes to see what I want to keep for another day and which will be re-homed. Win-win! 🙌🏼 

That's a good way to look at it, @itsfi.  You're getting good at doing gradients in the process!

@itsfi 

I'm loving your eyeshadow mixes, such a fantastic way to use up a shade that's otherwise just sitting there going to waste!  🤎 And your ombre looks great, perfectly warm and cozy for these cooler days 🍂

Thank you @RGbrown! Now that I’ve done a couple of DIY polishes and know what ratio works best, the next ones will go be a breeze to do. 🤞🏼 This may mean I work through my eyeshadow palettes a lot faster too! At a much later date, I may try the DIY with blushes and powders I never reach for. 

@itsfi  So fun! Love the shade you made with the Biba palette!
The ombré nails looks great! I've been wanting to try either ombré or gradient, but I'm still working up the courage (and patience 😉)

@Shosh85, thank you! I understand what you mean about courage and patience with ombre/gradient nails. I haven't done that many but it's become easier over time, both with patience and just diving in. I still feel more comfortable with a "practice run" like this one but I'm less intimidated by it than I was the first couple of times. You can always start off with just doing an ombre on one nail or two nails - make them accent nails. You can do it! 

I took notes and pics the second time I tried an ombre/gradient so I could have something quick to refer to as a reminder of what step comes next. Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0 - Page 320 - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com) I'm still working on doing an ombre/gradient with shades from different color families but that's a (slow) work in progress. 😂

@itsfi  Oooh, that blue sparkly ombré is sooo pretty! 

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm thinking of doing a blue-purple-pink gradient eventually, but I think I'll watch more on YT until I'm a little more comfortable 😉

Ohhh, a blue-purple-pink gradient would be gorgeous @Shosh85! Completely understand wanting to get comfortable with it. There's a lot of YT videos out there which make for good resources; find one that works for you and just keep watching it until you get comfortable. What did we do before YT videos?

Those browns look gorgeous @itsfi! I like them all! And the ombré nails look very beautiful as well! I am still too intimidated by ombré nails so I need to gain more confidence to try (well, and to purchase some cheap sponges 😁) But it is very tempting. Looking forward to your next attempts! 😃

@Saradestin, you did an awesome job with your sand 'n surf ombre nails - those were amazing! 😍 Yeah, those sponges sure come in handy for ombre nails. I watched a couple of YT videos with other ways to do ombre nails, including a few that didn't use a sponge - yeah, no. I'm gonna need those sponges; those are the easiest way for me to get that ombre nail look.

That’s true @itsfi , I did a some sort of ombré nail with the forgiving PixieDusts using just the nail polish brush (with as little polish as possible and building up) The gritty texture helped to hide the defects 😁

That's awesome you can do an ombre nail look with a brush @Saradestin. I'm jelly. Mine just look out of sorts when I use something other than a sponge. 

1 Reply
testing