Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Deborah Lippmann is up on GMA Deals, free ship no minimum this time, thru tomorrow!

Decent variety of singles and sets, plus some of the nail care stuff like cuticle oils. Last time, I didn't feel like meeting the free ship threshold, so I'm glad to see it was removed this time...might pick up one or two ❣️

Screenshot_20221110-104149.png

Mmmm... i will check it out @RGbrown ! Thank you for the heads up!

A bit of a random mix, an offbeat fall skittle set 🍂

A England Lachrymae: deep purple holo with gold shimmer. I didn't expect much holo based on the very few I've picked up from the brand in the past, but this one is decently strong, so that was a nice surprise. Easy two coater.

Zoya Liza: faded raspberry cream, bright but still has a hint of muted undertones perfect for fall. Easy two coater (easy one coater, really, but I always do two).

MT Enchanted Patina: I thought this was going to be too sheer to wear by itself, so it's got a coat of Liza under it, but I may have been wrong. The first coat was dense enough to look terrible as a topper, that somewhat streaky first layer of a multichrome, and with two coats, I'm fairly certain I have full coverage (though the brightness of Liza may be influencing the final look, hard to tell without using it by itself). Soft pink to soft bronze to soft yellow gold shifts. A little richer and more vivid than shown in my pics, but not in your face super blingy, this is a lovely polish for those who want subtle shiftiness for any reason. 

MT Let's Get Frosty: soft champagne gold shimmer with microglitter of silver and gold that gives off bright pinpoints under bright lights. The base in this one appears to be a pinky lavender in the bottle, and gold wasn't really noticeable as such a large component, so I was a bit surprised by how this one looked once applied; I was expecting more of a silver shade, maybe a hint of a mauve tint to it. Easy two coater. 

Zoya Marlowe: steel blue jelly base loaded with pink-orange shifting microflakies. The flakies don't show up well in any of my pics, there's a hint shown here, but IRL they are much more prominent. Three coats, and still a hint of visible nail line, but they were easy, and the sparkle steals the show anyways.

IMG_20221109_103948263_HDR.jpg

Full sun

IMG_20221109_104025526.jpg

Indirect light

IMG_20221109_104040087.jpg

Indirect + flash

@RGbrown  I love all the sparkles  

@ather 

Thanks so much! 

@RGbrown  These are beautiful.  I really love Lachrymae and Liza.  But it’s hard to choose!

@Cissy63 

Thanks so much! 💖💜 And no need to choose, you can love one or two or all of them 😋

@RGbrown  These are all so beautiful, but that Lachrymae shade is my favorite! 💜

@Shosh85 

Thanks so much! Purple + holo is always a winner!! 💜

Ohhh!!! There's something about each of these polishes that I am loving @RGbrown! I'm not always a super fan of gold shimmer but the deep purple of Lachrymae looks gorgeous with the holo and gold shimmer. 💜 Zoya Liza looks like a color I think would be a perfect mixture of red (ahhhhh!!!), rose, pink and purple and, of course, it's muted so that almost means an automatic love for me. Ha!

The MT duo are the surprise for me - is it the season? I ordinarily prefer silver shimmers but these two Morgan Taylor polishes are really standing out to me in this mani - is it MT doing it again?! Is it because neither of these polishes lean too warm? They're very pretty! 😍 Ahhhh, Marlowe - one that has been on my Zoya list for some time. Really happy I can see what it looks like on someone.- I didn't know how I'd feel about the jelly base, they're a big hit and miss for me, but this looks good and I really love the blue base and fun microflakes on Marlowe. 

@itsfi 

I actually waffled pretty hardcore on Lachrymae because of the gold, but figured it would be a good addition to my collection since I just don't have much with gold (and it was on sale lol), and I'm glad I got it! I've got lots of other purple holos, sure, but this one still offers a little something unique for me 💜

"...is it MT doing it again?!" Ummm, when is MT not doing it? 😂 They definitely make some stunners 😍

Hahaha! Good point on MT @RGbrown. I don’t think I’ve ever been disappointed by them. Glad you decided to pick up Lachrymae; she’s a beauty! 💅🏼 

Oh no! You removed your gorgeous vote day mani @RGbrown ! I know that today is not vote day anymore but it was so beautiful! 😅 

But this new one is gorgeous as well. Those shades are so beautiful. I really like Enchanted Patina 😍

@Saradestin 

Ha, yup, it had to go...too many air bubbles around the stars and the rest of the imperfections were bothering me, so it was time 😋 Thanks so much! 

Very nice, @RGbrown !  Really like MT Enchanted Patina.  I've looked at it a number of times, but thought it would be too sheer.  Now I'll have to give it a go.  Love A England...probably because I have that color and think it's gorgeous! 💜💜💜

@Titian06 

Thank you!

I've had it in my head that Enchanted Patina was "just" a topper, but I really wasn't much of a fan of it that way, it was a bit too streaky/uneven for me, and evening it out was starting to lift my base color, so I had to stop messing with it. Whenever I take this one off, I'm gonna do up one or two test nails of it without anything underneath to see how it looks without a pink base; there is a pink shift in the bottle, so I don't think it'll be too terribly different, perhaps a bit softer. Looking back now at old blog posts from the release of this collection, it was billed as a topper-slash-standalone shade, though the topper aspect was pushed pretty heavily, and some bloggers didn't even swatch it alone...I guess that's how I got "just a topper" stuck in my head 😋 

Have been testing out some polish pairings over the last couple of weeks trying to figure out what Thanksgiving Day nails will look like, and I think I’ll go with this combo after I've finish making my contributions to the dinner. At least that's the plan ... for now. 😉 

Zoya Cinnamon + CG 50 Shimmering Years.jpg

Thumb, index & middle fingers - Zoya Cinnamon is a chocolate-y brown metallic. Very pretty. This is two coats, but one would have worked out nicely too.

Ring finger - China Glaze 50 Shimmering Years, 2 coats. It's a shiny pale gold-brown holo glitter - looks great worn alone or as a topper. 

Pinky - Zoya Cinnamon topped with one coat of China Glaze 50 Shimmering 

@itsfi  Cinnamon is so pretty. Perfect for thanksgiving! 

Thank you @ather! I just needed to find the right shade of brown polish for me! 🤎

@itsfi  What type of brown are you looking for?

Oh whoops, I may have misspoken @ather. Sorry. I like the browns here, along with another Zoya brown polish that I have (Zoya Autumn) so my previous aversion to them was more the result of not finding ones like Cinnamon and Autumn (and the topper here). 

1 Reply
testing